District 5ive

Itsu
Kan: 108.75 
User Title: [ESPADA]

RP Leader

District 5ive

Post by Itsu » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:12 am

In a realm known to be the destination where souls suffer for their sins before they can enter Heaven, a world whose existence crawl under a supernatural detriment of divine harm. It is known by many names, but dwellers of this place call it "Zygantre" a mysterious word for "Purgatory". The angry skies  revealed a blanket of red and yellow, like constant burning flames of hell. The high level of heat in the atmosphere speaks volume of the unfavourable conditions that came with Zygantre's curse as dehydration over time was an imminent fact. However that alone wasn't what made this realm a place of retribution. Finding yourself in this place automatically draw brutality from The Tharrans. Tharrans are 4 ft quadrupedal monsters lacking any visible eyes or eye socket but possessing huge talons and teeth which can easily slice through metals. Their muscular build varies by gender and age but are usually enhanced with combustion abilities, setting ablaze almost anything they make contact with. They are creatures that draw strength from any source of heat which in turn increases their physical parameters and also enhances their perception. Placed to torment, brutalize, get rid of weak souls, Tharrans roam across Zygantre in multitudes of more than a million dozen. A soul can only be set free if and only when the Keeper of Zygantre is defeated and the red gem on the top of his staff is used to make a wish, of which only one wish can be granted to whoever is in possession of the gem. A 7 ft celestial being named 'Arkchael' who sits in the angry clouds watching over the vast realm, overseeing the activities that transpire therein.

Monster stats
ZYGANTRE

Strength [C]

I have no reached a level of power appropriate for spiritual beings. As such, the idea of being super human is no longer a question, it is a reality. I could seriously hurt those weaker than me without even trying, while those of similar constitution would take care not to eat too many of my attacks. Those above me would have to think twice about taking something like a raw punch. Throwing something as heavy as a cow could be effective in combat, while my attacks could punch through even thick concrete.

Durability [B]

I am now showing signs of being a defensive force to truly be reckoned with. Mid-tier attacks can be handled with relative ease, to an extent, while minimally impacting my ability to carry on.

Endurance [S+]

Most would suspect I am a literal machine. The stamina reserves I carry are so incredibly vast that none have ever seen me tire. No matter the non-lethal wounds , no matter the effort expended, I seemingly will continue to advance without end. It would likely take moving heaven and hell to tire me out.

Zanjutsu [D]

As a casual user of this art, I have learned enough of the basics to use it competently in most instances. My techniques have power, accuracy and balance, but I still lack confidence in my skill. This leaves the application of my techniques to be unimaginative and cautious. I probably will miss openings and am likely to be drawn in by a gambit. At this level though, I'm not the most likely to engage in sword combat, but it is a valid option if absolutely necessary.

Hakuda [C]

As an average user of this art, I have proven that I am well versed in not only the basics, but numerous variations. I can see and exploit openings, consciously cover most of my own, draw the opponent in, and usually resist falling for gambits. Application of what I have learned is confident and spontaneous. Use of hand-to-hand techniques becomes viable in almost any situation.

Hohou [C]

Entering the realm of average user, I can maintain fast movements for a lengthy period of time. I am now also able to apply my knowledge of Hohou while engaging in combat to effectively control my positioning around the battlefield and my opponent.

ARKCHAEL

Strength [A]

For where I am now, my power can only be measured in extremes. An attack using strength alone could knock back a larger opponent by over great distances, with lasting, potentially critical damage. As of now my attacks have become capable of toppling large buildings. Obviously my attacks could drastically hurt those weaker than me, while those of similar constitution would take care now to eat too many of them either . While, throwing something as heavy as a building could be effective in combat. I've become strong so strong that even the shockwaves my attack produce can destroy large buildings.

Durability [A]

Growing stronger still, I find myself eating most attacks for breakfast. In fact, I don't even wake up unless it to face heavy blows. All else will likely just glance off unless reinforced somehow. Those fighting against me with strength alone will find themselves at a standstill unless they're stronger.

Endurance [S+]

Most would suspect I am a literal machine. The stamina reserves I carry are so incredibly vast that none have ever seen me tire. No matter the non-lethal wounds , no matter the effort expended, I seemingly will continue to advance without end. It would likely take moving heaven and hell to tire me out.

Zanjutsu [C]

As an average user of this art, I have proven that I am well versed in not only the basics, but numerous variations. I can see and exploit openings, consciously cover most of my own, draw the opponent in, and usually resist falling for gambits. Application of what I have learned is confident and spontaneous. Use of sword techniques becomes viable in almost any situation.

Hakuda [B]

I have now entered expert territory and have gained recognition as of of the most skilled individuals in this field. While not a master, an I am more than capable of handling myself in a physical altercation. My deeper knowledge of the theory behind the art and their capabilities allows for imaginative variations of basic techniques on the fly. My knowledge of anatomy allows meto selectively disable parts of my opponent's body. If I leave an opening, it is most likely a gambit to draw the opponent in. I have several advanced techniques.

Hohou [C]

Entering the realm of average user, I can maintain fast movements for a lengthy period of time. I am now also able to apply my knowledge of Hohou while engaging in combat to effectively control my positioning around the battlefield and my opponent.

Updates Made
@Fluxarc @XIII @Nilgathor @Zxanders20
Last edited by Phantom-T on Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:12 am, edited 3 times in total. word count: 1104
ΦΦ KNOWLEDGE - IS - POWER ΦΦ
ANYA BRIGGS
XIII
Founder
Kan: 1,357.35 
User Title: [Slayer of Wretched Lions | The Unseen Deity]
Subtitle: [Sovereign]

Administrator

RP Leader

District 5ive

Post by XIII » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:30 am

Once more, Emi found herself in a unfamiliar territory. As to how she got there and why were still complete mysteries. Her mind raced, trying to sort through the storm of memories in her head in a desperate attempt to uncover some shred of information. It was jumbled, hazy, the last few — days, weeks, longer? — were all a blur to her. Her concept of time, lost. Her sense of understanding, threatened. Her state of mind, disturbed.

There was a sharp pain both in her head, and in her heart. The memories were tearing at her soul like a lions claws into a gazelle. She remembered the world crumbling around her, a darkness, a light, shaped and sound that she couldn’t comprehend. They scared her. She then remembered her time when the Seventh’s agents kidnapped her, forced her into their their underground training program under false pretenses. She remembered the slaughter, not of the creatures she encountered in the desert but the slaughter of her closest friends. She remembered Solus, her hatred for him and all that he took.

The storm settled with the last memory. The pain in her head subsided, the haze dispersed and soon there was clarity. She remembered her father, the time she had spent with him at the forge learning from him. It was the only comfort in her time of anguish and confusion. That man was the only light she had in this dark place. But then remembered how she felt when she learned that his life was taken from him. She remembered the pain, the anger, the sadness, emptiness when she learned of the truth. She then remembered the dream, the lie her heart told her. A fairytale of the time she and her father finally had the opportunity to work together as a team.

Emi screamed. I was raw, visceral, deafening. Reiatsu flooded her surroundings, blasting away some of the burnt cars, dead treads, and the skeletons of houses that remained around her. For once, and only once in the madness of this whole event the real her shined through. That reiatsu, that dreadfully black power that consumed her the night her father died had returned, worse, it was amplified by the vastly more potent reiatsu she possessed now compared to back then. If Gotei knew what she was, what kind of darkness she had lying dormant within her, this bile, this muck that surrounded her soul... perhaps they would find her undeserving of her very existence. Solus, from day one of his Captaincy set out to find someone, something that could truly become a monster. In the end, what he created was far worse.

Emi’s reiatsu continued to flood the area. She hadn’t been able to regain control over it or the other nearly half of her remaining power. She didn’t need it though, the emotional cesspool that hand grown infected and allowed to fester over the course of decades had finally sprung a leak. The part of herself that was long thought to be dead and buried had somehow punched, and kicked, and clawed its way out to the surface of her being. It was ugly, no, hideous. A mistake left unseen by the Soul King, and one that should have never been allowed to exist. Somehow was able to curse the world with its presence.

The real Emi, the grotesque thing, that Solus has crafted her into was set loose. The wicked amalgam of sorry, and fury. A raw and unfiltered, unrestrained, and unrelenting outbreak of negativity. The world in front of her were the titans of eld, the dinosaurs that roamed free without contest and she was the meteor making its way towards earth. The nightmare begins now.
word count: 624

One who calls upon the ocean never expects the tsunami.
For beckoning the rains, also tempts the hurricane.
When simple kindling begs the wildfire,
A furious inferno to devour the lands.
And to say a prayer is to provoke the wrath of God.
Know ye not your foolishness?

Zxanders20
Kan: 73.50 
User Title: Zxanders20

District 5ive

Post by Zxanders20 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:23 am

The feeling of Nausea was quite compound, a very familiar one too. The same feeling he got at a former time. He remembers touching the trident and the light enveloping him.
Sir Eckhard!” Rèzîlyènt called out, it was an awkward calling out cause he didn’t know how to really address his superior, whether to call him Sir or Commander, he hasn’t had much orientation as he remembers his last encounter with his superiors, it was quite bad as the emperor took the situation towards a very negative turn.
Maybe this is punishment” he thought.
He looked around and tried to grasp an understanding of the environment, everything was red and yellow, while he may not have noticed it before but now the heat has his full attention. The he didn’t know if it was because he was tired from before but the hotness easily reached an uncomfortable point on him, he called out again but there was no answer, no return to his call as he stood in this blazing wasteland.
Well this is funny, From putting us in water to bringing us to a virtual hit pot” he said as he chuckled to himself, he touched himself as he checked for any of the physical aberrations that allowed him survive under water. While doing so he noticed his combat wear had gotten heavier. He check and found a scroll again like before, as he found an extra potion, he couldn’t question how they got there again as to the entire situation doesn’t even make sense. He remembered what was written on the scroll from before so he opens one of the he potion bottles, he drinks it and is immediately refreshed, his vitality, strength.
He hesitant to open the scroll as he assumed that the scroll would burn up again like it did last time. He assumed that the situation would be like the former and his superior once again was far away. As he was having his cognitive thought process, he heard what he could describe as the scream of a bird. He looked around as there was a huge glow coming from behind him, he turned back to see a huge bird made of fiery red, with a huge chain strapped to its neck, to Rèziléyent best description he would call it a Phoenix.

" I don't know where this is, but if a Phoenix is here then damn"
dragolisco-20190918-0006.jpg
word count: 416
Nilgathor
Kan: 83.65 

District 5ive

Post by Nilgathor » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:36 am

Ethririel woke up in discomfort and drowsiness fled from her expression when her brown eyes flew open. In bewilderment, she gazed at the city she found herself in and thought her kidnappers were sly oppressors. If they wanted to kill her slowly, wouldn’t repeated thrusts of a blade in her body or the classic move of breaking the bones in her body suffice rather than this cruel method of slowly baking her with the aid of the surroundings?

The temperature was oppressive in its intensity as it strived to match rage the burning skies seemed keen to vent on this world. The heat reached absurd degrees that Ethririel was a tad surprised because she half expected flames to appear all over the city and turn it into an actual city on fire. The hot atmosphere was not the only thing as the surrounding, which looked like a ruined human town from the material world, was desolate with wrecked buildings. Even the abandoned vehicles parked haphazardly on the roads within her view did not escape the burnt treatment, further enhancing Ethririel's opinion that a mighty fire might have consumed this district some time ago. On the other hand, all she saw could be mere fabrications of her kidnappers.

In the middle of the road where she woke up, Ethririel picked herself up and before taking any action, released Stellar Glare to float above her head while Forest Heart’s petals pulsed open. Only then did Ethririel check herself to see what tools she had. Just like the last time, she had a scroll and a medallion while her unused potion from the previous district remained corked. She wondered though, if the medallion she held was the same one she used to escape from an angry Zyrode or if it was another one.

Her hair was still in a mess as were her custom-made toga and boots, but Ethririel was never one to bother about her appearance when more important things were at stake. Things like getting out of this district, which prompted her to open the scroll without a second thought to find out about the things she might encounter her. As she read, still standing in the middle of the road, Ethririel frowned deeply. “First Astrans, and now Tharrans?” And over a million of them at that!

The sheer number was terrifying and even if she knew a dozen would not be able to keep her unchecked, what was she to do against ten dozens, fifty dozens, a hundred f**king dozens! Crap, I need to get off the streets first.

Quickly, with heart pounding, Ethririel dashed across the street, leaped over a vehicle in her path and smoothly dove into a house missing its windows. Inside, the house shared the tell-tale signs a hellish misfortune but to the shinigami, it felt extremely comfortable compared to the scorching heat outside. If she was going to face such immense numbers, she thought it best to adjust first to the environment and learn to pace her breathing to match the strain the heat exerted on her.

Ethririel sat down and crossed her leg in a meditative position, laying her zanpakutō across her thighs as she closed her eyes. While Forest Heart throbbed steadily, Stellar Glare watched the exit as she sunk into a cautious trance.

word count: 557
Ethririel Quel'shu Pheles
-for when they cry peace and safety, sudden destruction will come

Return to “Apocalyptic Wasteland”