User Title: [R.I.P.]

Re: Race Expansion Phase 2: Togabito Headquarters

Post by Kira-duh-savage » Sun May 12, 2019 1:40 pm

XIII wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:26 pm
Kira-duh-savage wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 8:16 am
8d434b20d991eae099f0f8217a2027f7.jpg

I'm getting into strings. But now here's the thing, I want these strings to have extremely malleable forms.
Malleable how? Like being able to transformers malleable (cause that’s kinda a thing already) or... eh... I’m not entirely sure. Explain please. Depending on where this goes we may need to consider making some extra rebukes for each style that adds certain capabilities.

Okay. Let me just say it as I imagined it.

Assume I could coalesce those chains into a metallic appendage (a clawed hand/an arm), or morph each one into chain-serpents, what combat class would it be classified under?

Would it have gone beyond Instrumental at that point?

(And oh, by the way, Rayon. I saw ''Heavy Metal'' kinda in action in this marital art manhwa called Gosu. It was slick AF. The armor had self reconstruction!!!!)

Warning!!!! I'd probably be deviating strongly down below.

Devil arms are contracted tools with special abilities (belonging to demons) yes?

What if it was another combat route for Togabito instead?
By this I mean, you know we've got Demonic Influence, Possession and Whatnots. What if conjuring tools with which one can channel the power of demons fully was a combat route as well?
Last edited by Kira-duh-savage on Sun May 12, 2019 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 230
XIII
Founder
User Title: [13th Division |
Kidou Corps Commander]
Slayer of Wretched Lions

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by XIII » Sun May 12, 2019 2:30 pm

Kira-duh-savage wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 1:40 pm
Okay. Let me just say it as I imagined it.

Assume I could coalesce those chains into a metallic appendage (a clawed hand/an arm), or morph each one into chain-serpents, what combat class would it be classified under?
We could expand the description for strings to include something like this.
Would it have gone beyond Instrumental at that point?
Nah?
(And oh, by the way, Rayon. I saw ''Heavy Metal'' kinda in action in this marital art manhwa called Gosu. It was slick AF. The armor had self reconstruction!!!!)
I’ll check it out.
Warning!!!! I'd probably be deviating strongly down below.

Devil arms are contracted tools with special abilities (belonging to demons) yes?

What if it was another combat route for Togabito instead?
By this I mean, you know we've got Demonic Influence, Possession and Whatnots. What if conjuring tools with which one can channel the power of demons fully was a combat route as well?
It kinda already is an alternate route, but perhaps not as big as what you seem to be getting at here. We could definitely make this a whole big thing though. •-• just need to think up exactly how to make it work is all. Suggestions?
word count: 216

It would come in a blur, and seek to lay waste to them all.
In a flash, the beast sought to let loose a calamity crafted by its own hands.
Its sole purpose to leave nothing but charred remains and ash...

Kira-duh-savage
User Title: [R.I.P.]

Post by Kira-duh-savage » Thu May 16, 2019 10:51 am

I was thinking we should allow customization for how Heavy Metal appears when activated (referenced in picture above). The first version where the chains wrap around the practitioner's body, I mean. What do you think?

Then, how do our innate abilities work?

Shinigami get 2 primary abilities that their Shikai and Bankai are based off.

Do we also get 2 primary abilities?
Considering the fact that we can access the abilities of our contracted demons. Or is that those demons have 2 abilities and we're merely able to channel them during Sin Echo and Resonance?

What is the criteria for invoking TDA; Is it a Sin Resonance only ability or something that we can use even without entering Echo or Resonance.

Oh!! About the Devil Arm stuff, since I'm low on ideas, we should just leave it as is in the mean time. At least until any of us can come up with something less vague to do with them.
word count: 163
XIII
Founder
Kidou Corps Commander]
Slayer of Wretched Lions

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by XIII » Thu May 16, 2019 6:06 pm

Kira-duh-savage wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:51 am

I was thinking we should allow customization for how Heavy Metal appears when activated (referenced in picture above). The first version where the chains wrap around the practitioner's body, I mean. What do you think?
Already possible.

Then, how do our innate abilities work?

Shinigami get 2 primary abilities that their Shikai and Bankai are based off.

Do we also get 2 primary abilities?
Considering the fact that we can access the abilities of our contracted demons. Or is that those demons have 2 abilities and we're merely able to channel them during Sin Echo and Resonance?
I would look at my character profile for reference on this.

What is the criteria for invoking TDA; Is it a Sin Resonance only ability or something that we can use even without entering Echo or Resonance.
Probably neither. It would probably be something quest/mission related. Where you learn and earn the ability to use this power. Aside from that, potentially ranked based as well.

Oh!! About the Devil Arm stuff, since I'm low on ideas, we should just leave it as is in the mean time. At least until any of us can come up with something less vague to do with them.
This is pretty much fully figured out by now. Refer to post #109 in this thread. I only need to make a few adjustments and some cleanup but for the most part it’s all figured out.

Only thing truly left is working out contracts between Togabito and doing CBS stuff (which I already started the thread for). CBS will be the hardest thing to do overall but I can get by copy/pasting a lot of the pre-existing code that exits for the other races. The real issue is I need to write new descriptions which will be a pain in the ass.
Last edited by XIII on Thu May 16, 2019 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 321

PhoenixDayne

RP Leader

Post by PhoenixDayne » Fri May 17, 2019 10:56 pm

What's left to be touched?
word count: 6

Spirited away, One strides on the axis of death and alongside despair. Knowledge isn't finite, Our limit is Us.
XIII
Founder
Kidou Corps Commander]
Slayer of Wretched Lions

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by XIII » Mon May 20, 2019 5:40 pm

PhoenixDayne wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:56 pm
What's left to be touched?
Finalizing contracts between Togabito and rules for that.
Some final adjustments for Devil Arms and Acapella.

Oh then building the hellfire and demon list.

Finally just finishing off the CBS.

Edit: New idea regarding Devil Arms and Acapella vs. Sin Echo/Resonance.

Since the general idea is for Devil Arms to be an alternative to Echo/Resonance I think the best way to handle this is by having two breeds of Togabito.

So!

Demon’s Blood & Devil Gene Togabito:

Given the nature of Hell, not all of its denizens are alike.
Despite their differences, all Togabito can be classified as one of two different types. The first are demons, while the second are devils. While many would believe and assume that there’s no difference between the two, the reality is quite contrary. How one’s type is decided at birth, or so it is believed. As all beings are capable of sin, the ability to develop either Demon’s Blood or the Devil gene in inherent in all beings by nature.

While the exact science behind becoming either type is a complete mystery, though it is believed that sin attracts the essence of both Devils and Demons and what type a soul ultimately becomes is dependent on which of the two your soul happens to make contact with first. Despite the mystery and conjecture, what is certain is that all of those sent to Hell have a 50/50 chance of being one or the other. Further more there is no being in existence with both Demon’s Blood or the Devil Gene.

Demons: Demons are the true and only infernal beings, with hell being their land by birthright. These foul creatures are those birthed by the abstract concepts of sin given tangible form. Demons are all the physical manifestations of their unique core sins and as such represent sin itself in some regards. These creatures use the power of cursing, the act of giving voice to their own sin by literally speaking evil. This allows them the unique abilities known as Sin Echo and Sun Resonance.

Devils: Devilis are former angels, those that have fallen from heaven and corrupted by sin. While not natural residents of Hell, Demons have recognized their descent and have given them right to reside in The Inferno. Where Devils differ from Demons is that their power originates from the corruption of their once holy of divine essence. This essence is sealed within various objects (almost always weapons), known as Devil Arms. In short Devil Arms act as the vessels for a Devil’s Power. While they cannot use the power of the Echo or Resonance, they have a whole separate power unique to them. These abilities exclusive to Devils are known as “Devil Trigger” and “Devil Breaker”. (Names tentative).

Devil Trigger: Devil Trigger is the act of awakening, or triggering the activation of the corrupted essence sealed within their Devil Arms. As Devil Arms have intense elemental affinity, evoking the power of Devil Trigger causes a torrent of that weapons elemental energy to be released. An techniques a Devil may possess in their arsenal will be influenced by this surge of elemental power. However such great power comes at a cost. This surge of elemental power is unruly and not easily controlled. As such there are limits to how this power can be use. Practically speaking, this power only allows a Devil to add elemental influence to otherwise natural abilities.

Devil Breaker: Devil Breaker is act of breaking the barriers or in essence the rules surrounding elemental power. As Devils are beings of corruption, they have discovered a way to corrupt even their own natural power and abilities. This causes their natural elemental affinity to change entirely. While this new corruption of power is quite strong, this comes with a few caveats. The first is, wielding elements unnatural to their core is an immensely difficult task. As such they cannot derive abilities from these new elements, at best, they can only alter the elemental properties of their pre-existing abilities. Secondly in order to make use of additional elemental Devils must seek the essence of particularly powerful Infernal beings whose elemental affinity is peerless. Typically these are the strongest Demons or even Devils of a particular element. Gaining their power often requires defeating them in combat or earning enough of the rot respect through contacts.
Last edited by XIII on Mon May 20, 2019 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 747

XIII
Founder
Kidou Corps Commander]
Slayer of Wretched Lions

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by XIII » Tue May 21, 2019 3:19 am

! Administrator Message from: XIII
In response to, and in respect of some rather troubling information I’ve received recently, I would like to temporarily halt activity here until further notice. I will make a more proper announcement regarding this development following approval from the reporting party. Furthermore, I will send a PM regarding the matter resuming activity on this project. Until then, I beg your patience.

This thread will be locked for the time being.

Thank You.
Last edited by XIII on Tue May 21, 2019 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 76

Return to “[Headquarters] The Kingdom of Antitheis”