User Title: [R.I.P.]

Re: Race Expansion Phase 2: Togabito Headquarters

Post by Kira-duh-savage » Sun May 12, 2019 1:40 pm

XIII wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:26 pm
Kira-duh-savage wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 8:16 am
8d434b20d991eae099f0f8217a2027f7.jpg

I'm getting into strings. But now here's the thing, I want these strings to have extremely malleable forms.
Malleable how? Like being able to transformers malleable (cause that’s kinda a thing already) or... eh... I’m not entirely sure. Explain please. Depending on where this goes we may need to consider making some extra rebukes for each style that adds certain capabilities.

Okay. Let me just say it as I imagined it.

Assume I could coalesce those chains into a metallic appendage (a clawed hand/an arm), or morph each one into chain-serpents, what combat class would it be classified under?

Would it have gone beyond Instrumental at that point?

(And oh, by the way, Rayon. I saw ''Heavy Metal'' kinda in action in this marital art manhwa called Gosu. It was slick AF. The armor had self reconstruction!!!!)

Warning!!!! I'd probably be deviating strongly down below.

Devil arms are contracted tools with special abilities (belonging to demons) yes?

What if it was another combat route for Togabito instead?
By this I mean, you know we've got Demonic Influence, Possession and Whatnots. What if conjuring tools with which one can channel the power of demons fully was a combat route as well?
Last edited by Kira-duh-savage on Sun May 12, 2019 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 230
XIII
Founder
User Title: [13th Division |
Kidou Corps Commander]
Slayer of Wretched Lions

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by XIII » Sun May 12, 2019 2:30 pm

Kira-duh-savage wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 1:40 pm
Okay. Let me just say it as I imagined it.

Assume I could coalesce those chains into a metallic appendage (a clawed hand/an arm), or morph each one into chain-serpents, what combat class would it be classified under?
We could expand the description for strings to include something like this.
Would it have gone beyond Instrumental at that point?
Nah?
(And oh, by the way, Rayon. I saw ''Heavy Metal'' kinda in action in this marital art manhwa called Gosu. It was slick AF. The armor had self reconstruction!!!!)
I’ll check it out.
Warning!!!! I'd probably be deviating strongly down below.

Devil arms are contracted tools with special abilities (belonging to demons) yes?

What if it was another combat route for Togabito instead?
By this I mean, you know we've got Demonic Influence, Possession and Whatnots. What if conjuring tools with which one can channel the power of demons fully was a combat route as well?
It kinda already is an alternate route, but perhaps not as big as what you seem to be getting at here. We could definitely make this a whole big thing though. •-• just need to think up exactly how to make it work is all. Suggestions?
word count: 216

It would come in a blur, and seek to lay waste to them all.
In a flash, the beast sought to let loose a calamity crafted by its own hands.
Its sole purpose to leave nothing but charred remains and ash...

Kira-duh-savage
User Title: [R.I.P.]

Post by Kira-duh-savage » Thu May 16, 2019 10:51 am

I was thinking we should allow customization for how Heavy Metal appears when activated (referenced in picture above). The first version where the chains wrap around the practitioner's body, I mean. What do you think?

Then, how do our innate abilities work?

Shinigami get 2 primary abilities that their Shikai and Bankai are based off.

Do we also get 2 primary abilities?
Considering the fact that we can access the abilities of our contracted demons. Or is that those demons have 2 abilities and we're merely able to channel them during Sin Echo and Resonance?

What is the criteria for invoking TDA; Is it a Sin Resonance only ability or something that we can use even without entering Echo or Resonance.

Oh!! About the Devil Arm stuff, since I'm low on ideas, we should just leave it as is in the mean time. At least until any of us can come up with something less vague to do with them.
word count: 163
XIII
Founder
Kidou Corps Commander]
Slayer of Wretched Lions

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by XIII » Thu May 16, 2019 6:06 pm

Kira-duh-savage wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:51 am

I was thinking we should allow customization for how Heavy Metal appears when activated (referenced in picture above). The first version where the chains wrap around the practitioner's body, I mean. What do you think?
Already possible.

Then, how do our innate abilities work?

Shinigami get 2 primary abilities that their Shikai and Bankai are based off.

Do we also get 2 primary abilities?
Considering the fact that we can access the abilities of our contracted demons. Or is that those demons have 2 abilities and we're merely able to channel them during Sin Echo and Resonance?
I would look at my character profile for reference on this.

What is the criteria for invoking TDA; Is it a Sin Resonance only ability or something that we can use even without entering Echo or Resonance.
Probably neither. It would probably be something quest/mission related. Where you learn and earn the ability to use this power. Aside from that, potentially ranked based as well.

Oh!! About the Devil Arm stuff, since I'm low on ideas, we should just leave it as is in the mean time. At least until any of us can come up with something less vague to do with them.
This is pretty much fully figured out by now. Refer to post #109 in this thread. I only need to make a few adjustments and some cleanup but for the most part it’s all figured out.

Only thing truly left is working out contracts between Togabito and doing CBS stuff (which I already started the thread for). CBS will be the hardest thing to do overall but I can get by copy/pasting a lot of the pre-existing code that exits for the other races. The real issue is I need to write new descriptions which will be a pain in the ass.
Last edited by XIII on Thu May 16, 2019 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 321

PhoenixDayne

RP Leader

Post by PhoenixDayne » Fri May 17, 2019 10:56 pm

What's left to be touched?
word count: 6

Spirited away, One strides on the axis of death and alongside despair. Knowledge isn't finite, Our limit is Us.
XIII
Founder
Kidou Corps Commander]
Slayer of Wretched Lions

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by XIII » Mon May 20, 2019 5:40 pm

PhoenixDayne wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:56 pm
Finalizing contracts between Togabito and rules for that.
Some final adjustments for Devil Arms and Acapella.

Oh then building the hellfire and demon list.

Finally just finishing off the CBS.

Edit: New idea regarding Devil Arms and Acapella vs. Sin Echo/Resonance.

Since the general idea is for Devil Arms to be an alternative to Echo/Resonance I think the best way to handle this is by having two breeds of Togabito.

So!

Demon’s Blood & Devil Gene Togabito:

Given the nature of Hell, not all of its denizens are alike.
Despite their differences, all Togabito can be classified as one of two different types. The first are demons, while the second are devils. While many would believe and assume that there’s no difference between the two, the reality is quite contrary. How one’s type is decided at birth, or so it is believed. As all beings are capable of sin, the ability to develop either Demon’s Blood or the Devil gene in inherent in all beings by nature.

While the exact science behind becoming either type is a complete mystery, though it is believed that sin attracts the essence of both Devils and Demons and what type a soul ultimately becomes is dependent on which of the two your soul happens to make contact with first. Despite the mystery and conjecture, what is certain is that all of those sent to Hell have a 50/50 chance of being one or the other. Further more there is no being in existence with both Demon’s Blood or the Devil Gene.

Demons: Demons are the true and only infernal beings, with hell being their land by birthright. These foul creatures are those birthed by the abstract concepts of sin given tangible form. Demons are all the physical manifestations of their unique core sins and as such represent sin itself in some regards. These creatures use the power of cursing, the act of giving voice to their own sin by literally speaking evil. This allows them the unique abilities known as Sin Echo and Sun Resonance.

Devils: Devilis are former angels, those that have fallen from heaven and corrupted by sin. While not natural residents of Hell, Demons have recognized their descent and have given them right to reside in The Inferno. Where Devils differ from Demons is that their power originates from the corruption of their once holy of divine essence. This essence is sealed within various objects (almost always weapons), known as Devil Arms. In short Devil Arms act as the vessels for a Devil’s Power. While they cannot use the power of the Echo or Resonance, they have a whole separate power unique to them. These abilities exclusive to Devils are known as “Devil Trigger” and “Devil Breaker”. (Names tentative).

Devil Trigger: Devil Trigger is the act of awakening, or triggering the activation of the corrupted essence sealed within their Devil Arms. As Devil Arms have intense elemental affinity, evoking the power of Devil Trigger causes a torrent of that weapons elemental energy to be released. An techniques a Devil may possess in their arsenal will be influenced by this surge of elemental power. However such great power comes at a cost. This surge of elemental power is unruly and not easily controlled. As such there are limits to how this power can be use. Practically speaking, this power only allows a Devil to add elemental influence to otherwise natural abilities.

Devil Breaker: Devil Breaker is act of breaking the barriers or in essence the rules surrounding elemental power. As Devils are beings of corruption, they have discovered a way to corrupt even their own natural power and abilities. This causes their natural elemental affinity to change entirely. While this new corruption of power is quite strong, this comes with a few caveats. The first is, wielding elements unnatural to their core is an immensely difficult task. As such they cannot derive abilities from these new elements, at best, they can only alter the elemental properties of their pre-existing abilities. Secondly in order to make use of additional elemental Devils must seek the essence of particularly powerful Infernal beings whose elemental affinity is peerless. Typically these are the strongest Demons or even Devils of a particular element. Gaining their power often requires defeating them in combat or earning enough of the rot respect through contacts.
Last edited by XIII on Mon May 20, 2019 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 747

PhoenixDayne

RP Leader

Post by PhoenixDayne » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:06 am

XIII wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 5:40 pm
PhoenixDayne wrote:

Since the general idea is for Devil Arms to be an alternative to Echo/Resonance I think the best way to handle this is by having two breeds of Togabito.

So!

Despite their differences, all Togabito can be classified as one of two different types. The first are demons, while the second are devils. While many would believe and assume that there’s no difference between the two, the reality is quite contrary. How one’s type is decided at birth, or so it is believed. As all beings are capable of sin, the ability to develop either Demon’s Blood or the Devil gene in inherent in all beings by nature.

While the exact science behind becoming either type is a complete mystery, though it is believed that sin attracts the essence of both Devils and Demons and what type a soul ultimately becomes is dependent on which of the two your soul happens to make contact with first. Despite the mystery and conjecture, what is certain is that all of those sent to Hell have a 50/50 chance of being one or the other. Further more there is no being in existence with both Demon’s Blood or the Devil Gene.

Demons: Demons are the true and only infernal beings, with hell being their land by birthright. These foul creatures are those birthed by the abstract concepts of sin given tangible form. Demons are all the physical manifestations of their unique core sins and as such represent sin itself in some regards. These creatures use the power of cursing, the act of giving voice to their own sin by literally speaking evil. This allows them the unique abilities known as Sin Echo and Sun Resonance.

Devils: Devilis are former angels, those that have fallen from heaven and corrupted by sin. While not natural residents of Hell, Demons have recognized their descent and have given them right to reside in The Inferno. Where Devils differ from Demons is that their power originates from the corruption of their once holy of divine essence. This essence is sealed within various objects (almost always weapons), known as Devil Arms. In short Devil Arms act as the vessels for a Devil’s Power. While they cannot use the power of the Echo or Resonance, they have a whole separate power unique to them. These abilities exclusive to Devils are known as “Devil Trigger” and “Devil Breaker”. (Names tentative).

Devil Trigger: Devil Trigger is the act of awakening, or triggering the activation of the corrupted essence sealed within their Devil Arms. As Devil Arms have intense elemental affinity, evoking the power of Devil Trigger causes a torrent of that weapons elemental energy to be released. An techniques a Devil may possess in their arsenal will be influenced by this surge of elemental power. However such great power comes at a cost. This surge of elemental power is unruly and not easily controlled. As such there are limits to how this power can be use. Practically speaking, this power only allows a Devil to add elemental influence to otherwise natural abilities.

Devil Breaker: Devil Breaker is act of breaking the barriers or in essence the rules surrounding elemental power. As Devils are beings of corruption, they have discovered a way to corrupt even their own natural power and abilities. This causes their natural elemental affinity to change entirely. While this new corruption of power is quite strong, this comes with a few caveats. The first is, wielding elements unnatural to their core is an immensely difficult task. As such they cannot derive abilities from these new elements, at best, they can only alter the elemental properties of their pre-existing abilities. Secondly in order to make use of additional elemental Devils must seek the essence of particularly powerful Infernal beings whose elemental affinity is peerless. Typically these are the strongest Demons or even Devils of a particular element. Gaining their power often requires defeating them in combat or earning enough of the rot respect through contacts.
I'd be giving my opinions on this when I can, anyway.
Sorry about the delay on that.
word count: 774

Spirited away, One strides on the axis of death and alongside despair. Knowledge isn't finite, Our limit is Us.
PhoenixDayne

RP Leader

Post by PhoenixDayne » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:17 pm

XIII wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 5:40 pm
PhoenixDayne wrote:

So!
An interesting approach.
Could help with the hellfire list, btw.

How exactly do we add elemental influence to natural abilities?

Wait. Demons are incapable of contracts? Idk, I'm having a hard time comprehending what you mean here, I'm sorry about that.
And, I've an idea myself -unique to me, don't know about others or do I know if it'd break any rules here. I'd pm that, it is for my character before I noticed the differences between a devil and demon on here.
Last edited by PhoenixDayne on Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 845

XIII
Founder
Kidou Corps Commander]
Slayer of Wretched Lions

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by XIII » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:32 pm

PhoenixDayne wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:17 pm
An interesting approach.
Thanks
I covered this in a previous post.

To recap
Devil Arsenal:

Devil Arms: Devil Arms are unique weapons that contain the power and essence of demons. As such obtaining these weapons is no simple task. Some are given upon attaining the highest level of respect from certain demons, others require completion of quests, and some simply defeating demons in battle. Aside from this it may be possible to craft such weapons, but the methods of doing so are currently unclear. Possessing these weapons will allow the wielder to gain access to the demonic power stored within. At anytime however, these weapons only have two abilities available to them, but they can gain the powers of other demons to expand upon this limit.

Acapella Weapons: Acapella Weapons are a form of Devil Arm that are created by Togabito and infused with the power of their cursed voice. These weapons act as a conduit for a Togabito’s Sin Echo and Sin Resonance, which allows them to channel that power through the weapon rather than their own self. While naturally Acapella Weapons limited in power after first being forged, the can become stronger by joining with the power of other demons or Togabito. This process is referred to as the Infernal Chorus, as the cursed voices of other infernal beings joins together in order to be amplified.

Normally one would be limited to the use of two elements at any given time. However Acapella users may earn the right to use up to two additional elements by collecting Devil Arms of elements other than their own natural elements. In this case gaining the use of these new elements simply changes the elemental properties of pre-existing abilities. For example Lightning Slash becomes Freezing slash.
So you wouldn’t necessarily have “abilities” so much as you would have techniques. Your techniques would gain the elemental powers.

Wanted to lean this way cause I’m not fully sure how balanced switching ability elements would be.
Wait. Demons are incapable of contracts? Idk, I'm having a hard time comprehending what you mean here, I'm sorry about that.
And, I've an idea myself -unique to me, don't know about others or do I know if it'd break any rules here. I'd pm that, it is for my character before I noticed the differences between a devil and demon on here.
No they are, I have some typos mixed in there. I was saying that you could other elements through contracts.

And we’re all still trying to figure stuff out so no rules to be broken... at least not at this stage. Post up what’s on your mind
word count: 478

PhoenixDayne

RP Leader

Post by PhoenixDayne » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:04 pm

XIII wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:32 pm
PhoenixDayne wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:17 pm
An interesting approach.
Thanks
I covered this in a previous post.

To recap
Devil Arsenal:

Devil Arms: Devil Arms are unique weapons that contain the power and essence of demons. As such obtaining these weapons is no simple task. Some are given upon attaining the highest level of respect from certain demons, others require completion of quests, and some simply defeating demons in battle. Aside from this it may be possible to craft such weapons, but the methods of doing so are currently unclear. Possessing these weapons will allow the wielder to gain access to the demonic power stored within. At anytime however, these weapons only have two abilities available to them, but they can gain the powers of other demons to expand upon this limit.

Acapella Weapons: Acapella Weapons are a form of Devil Arm that are created by Togabito and infused with the power of their cursed voice. These weapons act as a conduit for a Togabito’s Sin Echo and Sin Resonance, which allows them to channel that power through the weapon rather than their own self. While naturally Acapella Weapons limited in power after first being forged, the can become stronger by joining with the power of other demons or Togabito. This process is referred to as the Infernal Chorus, as the cursed voices of other infernal beings joins together in order to be amplified.

Normally one would be limited to the use of two elements at any given time. However Acapella users may earn the right to use up to two additional elements by collecting Devil Arms of elements other than their own natural elements. In this case gaining the use of these new elements simply changes the elemental properties of pre-existing abilities. For example Lightning Slash becomes Freezing slash.
So you wouldn’t necessarily have “abilities” so much as you would have techniques. Your techniques would gain the elemental powers.

Wanted to lean this way cause I’m not fully sure how balanced switching ability elements would be.
No they are, I have some typos mixed in there. I was saying that you could other elements through contracts.

And we’re all still trying to figure stuff out so no rules to be broken... at least not at this stage. Post up what’s on your mind
Orion's unique characteristics :
Common Name : Mutualistic Symbiosis.
Orion's personality is but a fragmented one, one pieced together with two, separate dissimilar personalities. This is as a result of an agreement; a merge between a demon and a devil.
However, he's incapable of synchronously using both states -only one at a time.

What I'm aiming with this, is purely for expansive and more fluid use of my OC.
But then, I'd set in limitations to balance it out.
For now, i want to make something like that work.
Tis as I planned with my shinigami but I was too lazy to breakdown everything.
But if it's interfering, no problem there.

And, for the hellfire list, should i number them as I'd with Kidos? Or following another approach entirely? Cuz I've some hellfire technique anyway.

Edits.
Slots! You'd balance between abilities by the number of ability slots the OC would have.

Last edited by PhoenixDayne on Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 645

XIII
Founder
Kidou Corps Commander]
Slayer of Wretched Lions

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by XIII » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:21 pm

PhoenixDayne wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:04 pm
Orion's personality is but a fragmented one, one pieced together with two, separate dissimilar personalities. This is as a result of an agreement; a merge between a demon and a devil.

This would have to be insanely carefully rafted because just the idea of letting people freely switch elements is already something that might be really OP as is, and this was why I didn’t want allow for Devil/Demon hybrids.

I can’t say don’t want to allow it, but my ability to do so might not be in my hands to do so as it would affect the balance of the RP as a whole. So if anything I would say continue to draft your idea but let me check with Phantom at least before we can fully entertain the idea.

And, for the hellfire list, should i number them as I'd with Kidos? Or following another approach entirely? Cuz I've some hellfire technique anyway.
By category: Lesser (weakest), Greater (middle), Major(strongest).

Edits.
Slots! You'd balance between abilities by the number of ability slots the OC would have.
[/SIZE]
I’m not sure. If anything perhaps we should have an entire balance discussion with the whole forum?
word count: 297

PhoenixDayne

RP Leader

Post by PhoenixDayne » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:16 pm

XIII wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:21 pm
PhoenixDayne wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:04 pm

This would have to be insanely carefully rafted because just the idea of letting people freely switch elements is already something that might be really OP as is, and this was why I didn’t want allow for Devil/Demon hybrids.

I can’t say don’t want to allow it, but my ability to do so might not be in my hands to do so as it would affect the balance of the RP as a whole. So if anything I would say continue to draft your idea but let me check with Phantom at least before we can fully entertain the idea.
Well, it'd still maintain the two-elements thingy tho'.
Well, I sorta have limitations in my mind even..
By category: Lesser (weakest), Greater (middle), Major(strongest).
Edits.
[/SIZE]
I’m not sure. If anything perhaps we should have an entire balance discussion with the whole forum?
You're right, to avoid potential disputes and the idea of "togabitoes were favoured and much amped".
word count: 342

Akugaranwa Itachi
User Title: Black Flash

RP Leader

Post by Akugaranwa Itachi » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:35 am

Okay I see why you said a devil Arm should not be mixed with Echo..... makes sense now to me. However so can one use both the Devil Arm and their Echo at the same time?
word count: 147
For I am Supreme
XIII
Founder
Kidou Corps Commander]
Slayer of Wretched Lions

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by XIII » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:40 pm

Akugaranwa Itachi wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:35 am
Okay I see why you said a devil Arm should not be mixed with Echo..... makes sense now to me. However so can one use both the Devil Arm and their Echo at the same time?
You literally just answered your own question here.
word count: 53

XIII
Founder
Kidou Corps Commander]
Slayer of Wretched Lions

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by XIII » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:31 pm

Minor(?) update here. I made a new threads “Scriptum Daemonum” (Written Demons) which will contain all Demon and Contract Information.

Just need to figure out how I fully intend to display such info however.

For sure Demon name, and their 4 abilities as well as their ability levels are necessary. I’ll probably list general Contract info and whatever stats for boosting purposes (for possession / influence/ etc ) along side the demon category or something like that.

So there’s a lil figuring out to do. But I suspect what’ll happen is that I’ll make a modified version of the CBS monster builder to handle this. Just wanted to put this out there for your information and if you have any ideas, etc.

Edit: Also forgot to mention that I’ll probably be without a computer for part of the month so anything CBS related might see some delays (unless I do it by hand, which even then would take extra time).
Last edited by XIII on Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 163
PhoenixDayne

RP Leader

Post by PhoenixDayne » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:41 am

Wait. Are those elements listed in Written Demon Subforum the one one we can choose from?
word count: 16

XIII
Founder
Kidou Corps Commander]
Slayer of Wretched Lions

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by XIII » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:13 am

PhoenixDayne wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:41 am
Wait. Are those elements listed in Written Demon Subforum the one one we can choose from?
Not all of them, but yes. If you have more elements to be added could you make a list for me so I can edit them in please?
word count: 53

XIII
Founder
Kidou Corps Commander]
Slayer of Wretched Lions

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by XIII » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:34 pm

Ok so I have demon profiles set up now. I'll leave an example in the spoiler below.

Ifrit is a greater demon, recognized throughout hell as the "General of Flame". He tends to spend his days mercilessly torturing unfortunate souls he happens across by impaling them with his horns, or throwing spheres of intense flames at them.

Lesser Demonic Ability: Flame Panic

Generates a small fireball of hellish retribution.

Greater Demonic Ability: Flame Havock

Generates a large fireball of hellish retribution.

Major Demonic Ability: Flame Apocalypse

Generates a massive fireball of hellish retribution.

Lesser Demonic Trait: Horns of the Inferno

The activation and possession of this trait allows one to instantly grow Ifrit's flaming horns. These horns can be broken off, which will then grow into spear-like weapons which can be thrown and will burn anything impaled. Horns can regrow instantly.

Greater Demonic Trait: Body of the Inferno

The activation and possession of this trait allows one to instantly gain the Ifrit's Burning Flesh. With this each of one's attacks using the various parts of their body will burn anything on contact.

Major Demonic Trait: Soul of Ifrit

The activation and possession of this trait allows one to create fiery explosions with each of their physical attacks, bolstering their strength slightly.

So since I won't be able to set this up with the CBS anytime soon, I worked with this in mind. You only need a few BBCODES to make it all work like the example above. I'll cover all the details.

First is

Code: Select all

[dimg][/dimg]
This is just what you use for your picture. So, just put in the link.

Next is

[ddata][/ddata]
Any descriptions, information, backstory, etc. will go in here. Essentially a mini profile.

Then you have your ability codes. There are three.

Lesser Ability:

[labi][/labi]
Greater Ability:

[gabi][/gabi]
Major Ability:

[mabi][/mabi]
Simple put the ability description inside and you're good. However, if you want to add a name to each of this, you need to take one extra step and write it as follows.

[labi=Name of Ability]Ability description goes here as per usual.[/labi]
Example:

Lesser Demonic Ability: Name of Ability

Ability description goes here as per usual.

Then finally, traits. Basically the work the same as abilities do, so here's the codes.

Lesser Traits:

[ltr][/ltr]
Greater Traits:

[gtr][/gtr]
Major Traits:

[mtr][/mtr]

And second to laaaaaastly... since these porfiles are waaaaay too big to fit inside of the setup I have for Scriptum Daemonum I'll make a couple adjustments. The first couple posts will only act like a "Table of Contents" and merely link to the posts where the demon info is actually located. I might also merge those first posts and adjust things accordingly.

I was going to add a tag for stats that lets people know what stats get boosted for when you use demonic influence... I might still do that but I haven't fully decided yet.

As far as setting up Togabito for Contracts with each other I think I have it figured out 100% now.

Passive Abilities from Echo will count as Greater Demonic Traits. Active Abilities will count as Greater Demonic Abilities.

Passive Abilities from Resonance will count as Major Traits, while Active Abilities will count as Major Abilities.

The same applies for Devil Trigger / Devil Breaker. However you won’t be able to make contracts with Togabito that aren’t the same type as you (for what should be obvious reasons)

This should work out perfectly since slots are limited by how much respect you have. However I will be working out how respect will work in these cases.
Last edited by XIII on Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 639

PhoenixDayne

RP Leader

Post by PhoenixDayne » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:45 pm

XIII wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:13 am
PhoenixDayne wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:41 am
Not all of them, but yes. If you have more elements to be added could you make a list for me so I can edit them in please?
I'll do that.
Are those for our echo and resonance?
That's the only place we'd choose from?
I'm trying to clarify before I make a major mistake.

Edit.

Also, I'm already great with hellfire techniques but how do we scale them really?
You said lesser, middle and greater.
I need a little explanation, if you don't mind.
Last edited by PhoenixDayne on Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 125

XIII
Founder
Kidou Corps Commander]
Slayer of Wretched Lions

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by XIII » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:54 pm

PhoenixDayne wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:45 pm
I'll do that.
Are those for our echo and resonance?
Not entirely sure what exactly you’re asking here, could you clarify?
That's the only place we'd choose from?
Yes, in regards to elements that come from Demon Contracts / Fighting Demons.

From the Devil Breaker Description:
Devils must seek the essence of particularly powerful Infernal beings whose elemental affinity is peerless. Typically these are the strongest Demons or even Devils of a particular element. Gaining their power often requires defeating them in combat or earning enough respect through contacts.
The list is wholly for the sake of keeping track of where everything comes from officially, since there’s only a specific way to gain such elements.

Edit:
Also, I'm already great with hellfire techniques but how do we scale them really?
You said lesser, middle and greater.
I need a little explanation, if you don't mind.
From Codex: Infernalis
Perhaps the most signature of the Togabito’s techniques, and the the purest representation of demonic power. These flames do not burn like any other, for they are born and fueled by sheer hatred and malice and exist only to destroy. These flames will not be easily extinguished, especially not by simply using wind or water. Perhaps they aren’t even flames at all, but simple the form the malevolence takes when unleashed. The flames can be summoned and commanded in various forms and colors to suit the user’s needs, preferences, and authority. While all forms of hellfire are equally viable, as their strength depends on the user’s ability to command their might, some forms are clearly superior and thus require great authority to utilize.
Basically all forms of hellfire are potentially the same level of strength, and the strength is dependent on the user for the most part. This will largely be covered on the stat side of things.

Where the three types of hellfire differ is largely in scope and scale, as well as the types of effects. Lesser Hell Fire will be very simple in terms of scale and effect. Greater will be a bit more complex and have a greater scale, while major hellfire will be the most complex have have the greatest scale.

From the few I’ve created so far here’s what that looks like:

The variations of Hellfire are as follows:
  • Lesser Hellfire: ( E-D+)
  • Hellball: The most standard and easily applicable form of Hellfire, where the user molds the hellflame into a tightly packed ball of the infernal energy and hurls it forward. The impact is followed by moderately explosive results.
  • Infernal Voice: The ability to curse the air itself, turning their very breath into a torrent of Hellfire.
  • Jet of Chaos: As the name implies, chaos can only follow the use of this ability. In mere moments, the user can create large waves of flames that scorch the earth and immolate the weak.

Greater Hellfire: (C-B+)
  • Gate of Hades: The simplest form of demonic excellence. Through this ability, the user channels a gate and directly taps into the flames of the underworld. This allows them to summon portals capable of spewing streams of the infernal flame, or large fireballs from anywhere within a short distance of themselves.
  • Dirge of Cerberus- Sinister Crown:: Part of one of the most versatile and destructive forms of Hellfire. Channeling the use of this ability allows the user to manefest left head of the great demon, after which it surges forward with immense ferocity and seeks to breath the full might of its fangs upon the target. As one would expect from a bite of a flame beast, multiple intensely searing deeply penetrating stabs.
  • Dirge of Cerberus- Dextral Crown: Part of one of the most versatile and destructive forms of Hellfire. Channeling the use of this ability allows the user to manifest the right head of the great demon, after which it will remain at the user’s side for a short time, ocassinally spitting flames in the direction of the target. At most the head will only ever act three times in total before returning to the underworld.
  • Dirge of Cerberus- Focal Crown: Part of one of the most versatile and destructive forms of Hellfire. Channeling the use of this ability allows the user to manifest the central head of the great demon, after which it releases a great roar that causes a pillar of flame to erupt around the target, trapping them inside. Shortly after the pillar will collapse on a central point with explosive results.

Major Hellfire:(A-S+)
  • Reckoning of Abbadon: The peak of hellflame. By channeling into the deepest and darkest pits of hell, one taps into the very essence of one of the great Demon Kings. The result is almost meteoric in effect. A massive ball of flame defends emerges from a hell gate and fall from the sky at an alarming pace. Upon impact widespread destruction follows as the explosion sends flames out in all directions.
  • Pit of Belias: One of the most frightening forms of hellfire. By channeling into the deepest and darkest pits of hell, one taps into the very essence of one of the great Demon Kings. The result is almost fathomless in effect. The earth begins to crack around the target before submerging benathe the surface as if to attempt to literally drag them to hell. There, flames begin to pour in from all directions before exploding and sending the target skyward.
  • Diablo: The most sinister form of Hellfire. By channeling into the deepest and darkest pits of hell, one taps into the very essence of one of the great Demon Kings. The result is almost volcanic in effect. The ground begins to rapidly heat up beneath the target before exploding with tremendous force as magma begins to spew forth and form a light rain of lava. The lava will stick to anything any everything it touches, leaving a lasting effect of pure agony before hardening and becoming a burden to any unfortunate souls.
  • Additional hellfire techniques can be added.
Last edited by XIII on Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 1021