[SPAR EVENT] No Frost Zone (Kara Masters VS Akutagawa Atsushi )

Fluxarc

RP Leader

[SPAR EVENT] No Frost Zone (Kara Masters VS Akutagawa Atsushi )

Post by Fluxarc » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:26 pm

NO FROST ZONE
(KARA MASTERS VS AKUTAGAWA ATSUSHI)

In the short time she'd been part of the Thirteenth Division, Kara had taken it upon herself to thoroughly explore its vast domain. It was during one such exploratory trek that she'd found this particular spot, high up on one of the larger mountains surrounding the division's headquarters. It was a really weird place. Despite the thick clouds of frosty white mist drifting about and the occasional flurries of snow, the large ... well, valley, was perplexingly warm. After long hours spent meditating, Kara discovered that this isolated place was suffused with a peculiar kind of localized spirit particle stream whose radiation, whilst virtually undetectable, kept the skin-piercing chill of the snow-covered tract in check. Kara had taken to calling this place No Frost Land- which, while off-kilter and kind of lame, seemed somehow better than The Weather Paradox place.

It was to No Frost Land that Kara now came. Once she'd entered into the roughly one kilometer square region of the exotic spirit energy, she shrugged off her winter coat and stopped, closing her eyes and letting the exotic warmth flow through her. As always, it cleared her mind, and she would need a clear mind today. She'd asked her former superior for a friendly spar, but it was also kind of cathartic, for lack of a better term. Kara believed that fighting against someone more skilled than herself would help dispel the strange dark cloud of uncertainty and agitation she'd been feeling since accepting the role of Second Division Captain.

As her opponent had yet to arrive, Kara found a spot beneath an old and rotting gateway, sat cross-legged, and meditated with her eyes closed.
word count: 294
FLUXARC | KARA MASTERS
'I SEE IT CLEARLY- THE MONOLITH ON THE LAKE. IT CALLS TO ME.' KARA MASTERS
PhoenixDayne

RP Leader

Re: [SPAR EVENT] No Frost Zone (Kara Masters VS Akutagawa Atsushi )

Post by PhoenixDayne » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:30 am

A canvas of stifling coldness, tugging one's body and biting one's skin. The depth of it's coldness declined even further, to the point an organism's kinesis frosted away. Cloud of meshed up frozen atmospheric liquids, settling adrift the turbid landscape.
Quite unfortunately, the sensation flexing outward was paradoxical to what it seemed, the location seemed to be. Lakes, water bodies, streams, all crusted by a dense wall of ice. Within it, inhabited a puzzling warm water despite this place's constantly plummeting temperature. Eventually, though unbeknownst to Akutagawa, the dedicated study to this deserted snowland resulted to the discovery of a forspread reishi which....quite absurdly, coerced the laws of this icy terrain to counterintuitivity while retaining an absolute imperceptibility. Hence, garnering it's name; No Frost Zone?

The earnest request of a former junior couldn't be swept under the rug that easily, pretending to be extremely swamped could, more or less, be quite a rebukable idea.
Striding atop fixed foot placements that Akutagawa had set up, he walked on air and shrouded himself with a furry warm coat, the location Kara chose was....sadly, without doubt, a unique place to chronicle upon. Setting his foot into the No Frost Zone, the disturbing chillness abandoned him, coursing through a warmth ever so subtle and inducing, it brought his mind to a sublime rest, however, the flurry lashes of the wind persistently diffused all particles, giving resonance to speech, stretching it's reach predominantly.

'Akutagawa Atsushi, Vice captain of the thirteenth. Pleased to meet your acquaintances.....'
He declared. Stripping his sheathe of its blade, handling the haft with his dominant arm; his right. A swift slash whipped the air thunderously, pointing the tip, afterwards, against the meditating Kara.
'.......Kara Masters'
He ended, settling his scornful glance at the lady afore.
Last edited by PhoenixDayne on Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:41 am, edited 2 times in total. word count: 304

Spirited away, One strides on the axis of death and alongside despair. Knowledge isn't finite, Our limit is Us.
Fluxarc

RP Leader

Post by Fluxarc » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:20 pm

Kara sensed her Senpai from a long way off, but quietly attempted to finish her meditation. It was something she'd learned from the priests. An aborted meditation courted ill-tidings.

Luckily, Captain Atsushi's advance ended at the same moment Kara's meditation reached completion. She breathed slowly in and out, relaxed her shoulders, and opened her eyes to see her former superior.

"I apologize," Kara began as she stood up, wiping the snow from her haunches, "I guess meditating's become such a habit I ... uh ..."

Kara's voice trailed off once she noticed that her comrade's sword was already drawn, and levelled right at her. Also, Captain Atsushi looked kind of ... vexed. Kara carefully scanned his face.

"Uh...I know its a little out of the way, this place, I just thought it'd be... you know ...relaxing ..."

When there seemed to be no change in the Captain's demeanour, Kara blew out a slightly nervous breath and rolled her shoulders bracingly.

So much for social niceties ...

Dropping into a ready stance- legs spread forward and back, shoulders dropped, forarms raised slightly- Kara nodded at Captain Atsushi and smiled gamely.

"Seeing as how I extended the invitation, Senpai, would you like to take the first shot..." Kara held her leading (left) forarm slightly more forward and extended her fingers into a knife-like form. "... or shall I...?"

Kara noticed that Atsushi had his blade in his right hand. She put a pin in that information and awaited her comrade's next move.

word count: 256
FLUXARC | KARA MASTERS
PhoenixDayne

RP Leader

Post by PhoenixDayne » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:46 pm

He preserved his demeanor, peering balefully at the Lady afore. For some reasons, he seemed all pumped up and angry, perhaps, recent happenings attributed to such state of scorn.
However lost for words at her comportment, his right arm slacked slightly before scabbarding the katana. The efficiency of her stance at a swift glance forced him into a tactical retreat. In such brief encounter, he poised her every move and the delicacy behind them all. Loosening his garment's sash, he'd proceed to ligate his katanas' haft, hoping to resume his casual fighting style.
Once again, he drew out only a katana and firmed his grip, pointing the tip of his blade at her again.

'Do the honours, Hadou no.......'
He issued, beaconing at her with his left palm to come at him.
A coat of reiatsu stretched about his body and extended over his zanpakuto, he knew too well she isn't going to be an easy opponent, a leap from a recruit of the 13th to being capable of heading a squad couldn't be more of a feat for anyone. What caused more of a caution from the number of things about her, aside her stance, was her glove, and the composition about it. He too planning the establishment of a robot and technology facility became intrigued at the elaborate design of her gauntlet, quite simple yet irreplaceable. Now, now. Not the time for such thoughts to cloud his mind, he expired and steadied himself.
Last edited by PhoenixDayne on Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 249

Spirited away, One strides on the axis of death and alongside despair. Knowledge isn't finite, Our limit is Us.
Fluxarc

RP Leader

Post by Fluxarc » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:25 am

Kara's smile softened as her sparring partner seemed to ease up, sheathing and then unsheathing his blade, his manner less hostile than before. Getting the nod from Atsushi to proceed, Kara sprung into motion, a plan of attack already formed and primed.

Even as the unusually warm air rushed past as she closed the gap between her and Atsushi with a single flash step, Kara's mind receeded- as it so often did these days- to a memory of the priests as they taught her the ways of the martial arts.

...become your opponent. It is not enough to see them- you must absorb them. Every gesture and word, every nuance, every faint, every move ...

Kara would appear in front of Atsushi, her feet curled up off the ground, her midrif f twisted to the left, her left leg flung back as though primed for a swing at Atsushi's right shoulder- his supposedly dominant side. But in a flash- with skill and agility uncommon to most- Kara would reverse the move, spinning into a reverse roundhouse with her right leg, aiming at Atsushi's left shoulder with only enough force to leave a smarting bruise should the kick land.

... Enter into their psyches until your thoughts are theirs...

OOC- LOL ... Those Gauntlets only come out when Kara releases her zan. She hasn't yet. *Drops pumpkin on Pheonix's head.
Last edited by Fluxarc on Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 232
FLUXARC | KARA MASTERS
PhoenixDayne

RP Leader

Post by PhoenixDayne » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:20 pm

The composure and efficience of her style came from a seemingly difficult-to-spot crux. Carefully scanning her to detail her way of walking, moving and fighting-which she's yet to display, he hoped to read in-between the lines of her unorthodox stance, ascertaining her skills and then, formulating a plan. Alas! Her action began but surprisingly, Akutagawa shut his eyes out and loosened his body's stiffness, forgoing his initial idea and freefalling into the oceanic depth of combat.

Feel.. Feel. Don't see. Ha! When did I start relying on my visual capabilities? Now I think back, Emi Akino was way stronger than my prior opponents, it is no wonder my heart became soothed the moment I stepped in here. Akutagawa, Feel everything, your surrounding, your opponent's movement, your own movement, feel everything, listen, feel, inhale but don't see, feel.

He withdrew his left leg and plunged his upperbody backwards causing Kara's foot to nick through his scarf partially and averting damage. Perfectly dependent on his other sensory organs and his reiatsu sensing, he never for once abandoned the teachings of the 'SHOGUN ACADEMY', rather he became lax ever since he attained shikai. As they say; a slight taste of power becomes intoxicating.

Our stimulus erases the interval between a move and the next. Submerse and feel.

His formless stance incorporated the tandem work of offense and defense without a moment delay, perhaps, giving him unpredictability in his maneuverability. Extending his left arm forward and reaching to seize Kara's right foot whilst mid-air, he'd commence the incantation of a hado spell as intended.

- Hado #33 - Sokatsui -

He'd aim to clutch her right foot and then, release blue flames of combustible nature at point-blank range. Though improbable, her right foot would be no more, the point-blank release of combustible flames could probably rid her off of that leg or at least, burn it so well it'd be useless. Though there'd be a minimality in damage incurred on his left hand, it'd still be considerably smarting. Akutagawa was bound to hold a smaller share of the pain.

Oooooops, my bad! *rolls over, avoiding the pumpkin*
Last edited by PhoenixDayne on Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:54 pm, edited 6 times in total. word count: 369

Fluxarc

RP Leader

Post by Fluxarc » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:46 pm

Kara felt no great surprise when her kick cut through air. She was sparring against an experienced squad captain; while she'd theorized Atsushi's reaction time would be slower towards his left- his possibly non-dominant side- it wasn't uncommon for seasoned fighters to overcome such handicaps through persistent training. In fact, learning to compensate for flaws in your martial abilities was key to becoming any kind of powerful combatant.

Plus, he was faster.

What she hadn't counted on, though, was her opponent's counter. Kara's keen extrasensory perception caught on to the swift and ominious energy build up around her comrade's left hand, and the dense swirl and swell set off a warning clang in Kara's mind. A single word cut through...

Kido

Not leaving anything to chance, Kara flash-stepped roughly eighteen feet to her right, appearing slightly crouched just as the searing blue flames of the Soukatsui shot off the Captains hand, their blue blaze reflected over Kara's awe-struck eyes. The powerful sizzle of the spell echoed across the frosty, hilly landscape for a moment before dying away. Kara slowly straightened out; her body, though slightly relaxed, was still primed for movement as she regarded Atsushi with open wonder.

"That," Kara breathed, "was amazing. I haven't seen demon magic for a while, not since... well, a while now. And you didn't even use a chant, I heard that takes years of practice, and..."

Kara paused, a sudden crease appearing between her eyes, which narrowed slightly.

"Wait a minute, did you just try to incinerate my leg?" She blinked confusedly. "Do friendly spars typically involve incinerated legs...?"

Last edited by Fluxarc on Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 279
FLUXARC | KARA MASTERS
PhoenixDayne

RP Leader

Post by PhoenixDayne » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:58 am

sorry about my slowness. My head isn't really on here, writer's block, crazily fatigued and all that. Sorry, Sorry
The incline of Kara's speed; Flash-step, moved her out of harm's reach, however, it was as anticipated since there's been no deferment between her action and reaction, it felt as though she'd stare into the nigh future.

Forcing his shut lids open, he'd come to face the searing flames of sokatsui dazzling astonishingly atop the snowy, frosty berg before perishing away. During the elapses of such moments, he'd relax his stiffened muscles and roll his shoulders over, settling for no posture or stance whatsoever.
Standing upright and staring at Kara whom he's now turned to face, he'd expire heavily after a large inbreathe, leaving her question unanswered and encroaching the span between Kara and Akutagawa;Himself afterwards.

He'd, at a point, halt, leaving her at few metres away but that was the point he chose to commence his assault. Flatly and easily sliding his blade through the air, it'd dispel an arc of scarlet energy from its tip; traveling hastily at Kara.
Okasen!
While not as destructive as it'd normally be but it may be enough to scathe across her chest if she decides to take it on, though improbable.

'I only wish to push you to your maximum, bear with me'
word count: 235

Fluxarc

RP Leader

Post by Fluxarc » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:55 pm

Kara's bewildered question would hang in the air as Atsushi unleashed another blast of demon magic, this one yellow and rushing forward in a wide, blazing arc from Atsushi's swung blade. A simple reverse tumble would see the Okasen sizzle over Kara; it would crash into a snowbank some thirty meters away, sending up a plume of yellow-tinged frost.

Raising a brow to Atsushi's response, Kara flash-stepped forward and up from her crouched position, appearing in front of Atsushi, at roughly his shoulder height, and bringing down her left heel toward his right shoulder in a hard-hitting drop heel kick.

"Well ... that's ok, I guess."
word count: 112
FLUXARC | KARA MASTERS
PhoenixDayne

RP Leader

Post by PhoenixDayne » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:44 pm

The arc of energy rushed over the nimbly tumbled lady, crashing onto a pile of snowflakes instead and rising up a swarm of frost.
Once more, she'd escaped the fangs of his attack, averting damage due to her nimble body.
Within a split second, Kara sprung at him but Akutagawa expected such development and as planned, the moment she arrived afore him, Akuta would chant the following words subtly in a sense it was almost inaudible; Mugen no Chisiki, Omoikane, in-between breath and fine Japanese accent.

The glistening and electrical charges coursing through head fuelled him with much strength. This was accompanied by a hasty reiatsu burst, which he; Akutagawa released to repulse the lady a few steps back.
"Call out your zanpakuto, Lady Kara"
Not waiting for the change to complete, he'd voice out placidly. He felt different, like an entirely different person from before; another personality as the rumors suggests?

Last edited by PhoenixDayne on Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 155

Fluxarc

RP Leader

Post by Fluxarc » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:03 pm

Kara brought her heel down towards Akutagawa. But her attack was cut-off in its prime as a sudden burst of powerful reiatsu hit Kara like gigantic spring-loaded boxing glove. She ducked her head and crossed her forearms over her upper torso, not resisting the repulsive force of her opponent's energy, but letting her body flow with it, thus reducing its damaging force.

Kara was thrown back close to a dozen feet, but landed on her feet, her eyes quickly flashing back up at Akutagawa. The sudden and pronounced change in his reiatsu flow already tipped her off, but now she confirmed it with her eyes. He had released his zanpakutou- his Soul Slayer.

Kara slowly rose to her feet.

"I probably should have put up a sign." Kara said, going for dry wit. "'Friendly Spar'..." Her joke probably wouldn't fly. Her jokes rarely flew. They squawked and fluttered, but they didn't take off. One of her old friends, Tayatra Vhandri, had told her that her sense of humor was 'out of phase'.

Still, Kara understood that Akutagawa's release of his soul slayer meant she had to do the same. He was a Captain of the Gotei. To continue the 'friendly' spar without releasing her own zanpakutou would be impolite, and just downright insulting.

Kara laid her left palm on her sword's hilt, her eyes remaining on Akutagawa. She let her fingers curl slowly around the hilt, and then, with a single, measured motion she slid the sword from its sheathe, raised it to chest height and held it out so its length ran across her chest. She placed her other hand close to the tip of the blade.

"I suppose I'll have to return the courtesy, Akutagawa-san."

Kara reached deep. And as she felt her power slowly uncurl, her thoughts went to her brother. She felt something stir in her that was deep and dark and unruly. Kara took a deep breath. She hadn't planned on using her powers anytime soon. Not until she'd found him ... not until she'd tamed her doubts. The words of one of her former teachers echoed through Kara's mind.

Doubt will douse the sparked flame...

"Declare ..."

...And bring shadow upon resolve.

Kara exhaled.

"...Godsworn."

With a blinding flash, Kara was enveloped in gleaming yellow light, and the wind, as though roused from slumber, roared and surrounded her in a whirling veil of golden frost.

Last edited by Fluxarc on Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 412
FLUXARC | KARA MASTERS
PhoenixDayne

RP Leader

Post by PhoenixDayne » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:24 pm

- Trickling the water surface, a ripple reverberates. -
His mind wandered off, his senses plunged into his subconscious. All he'd see was a village in torrent of flames, and ashes and embers wafting furiously through the appalling strange night.

'So long, Ryu.'
He flashed back into reality, peeking at the brilliance that drove his arms up, attempting to ward off the sudden radiance that snuck into his oculars.
Starting his run with some slow steps after witnessing her released zanpakuto, he'd kick off against the winds, accelerating and dispersing away like a pack of dust; simply put, no more could Akutagawa be perceived. During his transit, the flush of cold winds sizzled over his ducked body and swung his hair angrily. Undoing his undetectability at a few metres away in a fashion it became akin to teleportation, Akutagawa hurled his left palm forward; Openly bursting headway with agitated gatherings of undulating reiryoku. It was unsteady, perfectly as Akutagawa emphasized. Even though harm came to him, he wanted to reignite an aspect of himself within another, rekindling again his smoldered flames.

'Shakkaho!'
The violent and unsettled reiryoku fluxed away through the pores between his partly curled fingers, slithering through and over his arm and then, his attire. Striding relentlessly to Lady Kara's midsection, his arm launched forward.

Every fragment of myself wafts away and slowly I surrender to the abyss that settles deep.
Unpleasant memories stirred within, his calm composure dwindled, slowly losing himself to rage. Falsehood overlapped reality, he couldn't tell them apart, however, he'd still perceive Lady Kara whom stood before him. Willpower?
word count: 268

Fluxarc

RP Leader

Post by Fluxarc » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:43 pm

On command, Kara's power exploded into life, hitting her with the force that seemed like a thoudand metric tonnes of water. She staggered before its huge force, but calmed her mind and centered herself, finding balance as her soul's energy surged with ferocity through her.

Kara didn't think she would ever get used to the raw sensations of releasing her powers. It was as though a powerful stream of molten light was running through her, and her perception of the world around her- already heightened due to her Ambrosia Aspect- sharpened to the point she could almost feel every particle of air and frost as they hit her skin and clothes, every shift of ambient energy ...

... and the strong, snarling stream of Akutsagawa's fiery red hado as it rushed towards her.

The frosty air spiralling around Kara gave a low, breathy roar as it massed in front of Kara, forming a strong wind barrier that would take the brunt of Akutsagawa's ferocious attack. [1]

The wind barrier- having nullified her opponent's attack- blew apart, revealing behind it Kara, standing erect, her arms encased in a peculiar armor. Kara's eyes were fixed on Akutagawa, her mental gears smoothly spinning in unison as she began- almost instinctively- to analyze.

Fast. Swordsman. Kido specialist. High-level energy control...

With a single flash step backwards, Kara put about a dozen paces between herself and Akutsagawa.

Considering he's used kido twice now, that's probably his default method of attack. But I can't rely on assumptions. I have to be sure...

From her feet, large chunks of ice broke off from the ground and rose to waist height; in a flash they turned into a dense mass of ice-cold water that formed a slanted spinning ring around Kara's upper body. The process was repeated again, creating a second whirling ring of water overlapping the first.[2]

Kara's eyes narrowed on her sparring partner. She took a deep breath.

Let's do this...

Dropping swiftly to one knee, Kara struck the ground in front of her with her left palm. A second later, a spire of dense ice would shoot up from the ground to Akutsawa's left and right, the left spire going for Akutsagawa's left rib, the other aiming for his right knee. [3] Were Akutsagawa to move forward, Kara would create a third spire to go for his torso, and would do the same if he chose to retreat backwards, going for his lower back instead.

[1] Here, Kara used Sovereign to create a barrier of air dense enough to take Akutsagawa's kido-charged palm strike. To Akutsagawa, it would be like hitting a really thick pillow.

[2] More telekinesis. The twin rings of water sort of form an X around Kara's upper body. She changed the ice to water using particle control.

[3] The spires are moving a level below Kara's enhanced speed (Shunpo), and carry the physical force of a fully powered sho.
word count: 508
FLUXARC | KARA MASTERS
PhoenixDayne

RP Leader

Post by PhoenixDayne » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:57 pm

The opposition responded timely with sublime swiftness. Erecting and coalescing air molecules together, a collision which Akutagawa lately perceived obstructed and defended the lady arear. Noted priorly before his transit, the stir between personalities aided the deformation of focus, rather making easy sensing a difficult task to carry out.
Perhaps, under special circumstances and without any ounce of self-restriction, Akutagawa could've chosen the tender side of the meat, making his shift in placement so deadly she'd been in panic. But the rules of a friendly spar didn't allow such or so did his morality inhibit him.
The aggressive collision rippled widely embers and fragments which wafted aloft and intertwining within the cloud of meshed glaciered particulates. Though his head was buried down, his previously activated ability and the coat of spiritual energy that hugged his skin boosted greatly his defenses.

But the elapses of such draining moments; of the internal scuffle came to an impromptu end, the supposedly predominant figure amongst these wrathful personality aroused, seeping out steams of energy as though enraged. Definitely, the spontaneous change in Akutagawa's aura was easily felt. Whilst not aware of Kara's assumed posture nor the earlier steps she took, Akutagawa paraded unintentionally his spiritual energy, geysering sky-high and ensphering Akutagawa within. This had been done to quell the dispute within and certainly, it wouldn't cover much grounds but it contributed to the Wall's density; It was dense enough to exaggeratedly repercuss an oncoming target or projectile aback a thousand rii however, it was short-lived.
Akutagawa's immediacy didn't bloom early enough to notice the spires that breached his physical vicinity. Thankfully, his defenses were entrusted to the spiritual aura that cloaked his skin. Though uncertain if the spires would retain cohesion but without doubt, it wouldn't scathe Akutagawa.

PLOT-TWIST..... Akutagawa's visage glimmered in bliss, surprisingly energized and smiling thoughtlessly. Fully standing erect, he'd come to notice the change about her; the circumscribed water-rings that revolving around her, after glancing carefully.
Akutagawa's spiritual energy that flowed out was absorbed, reverse-flowing inwards and sealed after.[1]
Taking his first step ahead, another spire sprouted, still the same, another futile attempt.
Instantaneously, Akutagawa disappeared, erasing his presence totally from the battleground.
Again but this time different, Akutagawa's false image appeared, rushing in against her and lightly nudging the haft, pushing forward the sword's tip as though he attempted to stab her cranium. But merely a trickery, he'd done so in order to cause an imbalance in her analysis. The false image vanished before making a contact and Akutagawa, he remained still, appearing yet again in the same position in tandem to the abrupt disappearance of the false image.[2]

"Lady Kara, can you take a guess? You better step up, I wouldn't signify the end of this spar without you seriously scathing me. You! Must! Mean! Your! Attempts! Baka!!!"
Screamed the black haired shinigami whom had rose his blade up and pointed its tip at Lady Kara.
•1 All I did was erase the spiritual presence I was given off.

•2 I erased my own existence, my presence.
And after that, I sent out an after image to shake your resolve, moving as if it'd attack.
Last edited by PhoenixDayne on Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 553

Return to “[13th Centre] Spars/Missions/Training”