[13th Division] Kara Masters

Fluxarc

RP Leader

[13th Division] Kara Masters

Post by Fluxarc » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:20 am

KARA MASTERS

Description/Appearance

Kara Masters is an asian female, standing at 5 feet and 4 inches, and weighing about 120 pounds. She has shoulder-length dark hair and large, heavily-lashed, slightly slanted amber eyes. Kara possesses a slight, athletic build.

Kara Masters wears a sleeveless shikahusho (shinigami uniform), with a customized black leather top. She wears no makeup or jewelry. Kara wears steel-plated, fingerless gloves, which help her defend against attacks from bladed weapons.

Personality and Characteristics

Having been raised and trained by a strict, ascetic order of monks, Kara possesses great self-discipline. She is soft-spoken but typically direct when speaking. Kara is capable of extraordinary focus, enabling her to complete tasks or objectives much quicker than most. She is an incredibly gifted empath, able to discern the emotions and motives of others even after a short meeting; her deeply sympathetic nature is not always a gift, as she can sometimes become too deeply entangled in others' feelings.

Kara's sense of humor is somewhat off-kilter, and she doesn't always catch on to the wit or humor of others. Kara possesses a very strong moral center and code, passed on to her by the order that raised her. She hates injustice, and will fight it fierely and selflessly whereever and whenever she finds it.

Kara is completely freaked out by racoons, and hates sleeping on her belly. She's a devout vegetarian, and a fitness fanatic, spending most of her days working out or training. Kara also loves books, and collects them wherever she can; she especially loves epic poems dealing with questions of mortality or divinity.

Before any battle she deems important, Kara will usually paint a stripe on either side of her face, high on her cheeks, using a special red paint she keeps in a vial tied to her sash. This is a special meditative ritual practiced by the monks of the Order of Vigilants, and a reminder to herself of where she comes from, and the teachings of the order.

Fighting Style

Kara prefers unarmed martial arts to any other, and has developed a very strong instinct for hand-to-hand combat. She doesn't like bladed weapons, but will sometimes use a staff, batons or other unbladed fighting tools.

Kara has studied most hand-to-hand techniques and ardently practices them, continuing to improve her skill. She is also very quick, and combines this with her martial arts to deadly effect.

As Kara possesses the 'Ambrosia' aspect of the Prime Potential, she has no detectable spirit energy, and is completely unable to use Kido.

History

Majutsuchi Yoru No Kama, the most powerful Red Shard vessel who ever lived, fell in love with the villainous sorceress Mortimis. They had two children, Korran Warlok, and Yana Yoru No Kama.

Following the Battle of Emerald Forge, where Majutsuchi and his master Varst- a being of mythical psionic powers- lost against Scion, a group sworn to protect the known worlds, Majutsuchi instructed Mortimis to flee into hiding with their children, and raise them to exact vengeance on Scion and their allies.

Despite Mortimis' efforts, she was eventually found by agents of Scion, Tayatra Vhandri, Aris Vault and Cassandra James. They defeated and imprisoned Mortimis, and took her children, Korran and Yana, into their custody.

Korran and Yana where given to the Order of Vigilants, where they would learn the ways of the secret society and taught to control their powers. It was soon discovered that both siblings were Prime Potentials, beings with the potential of activating the Chaos Core, a source of immeasurable power born at the very beginnings of the Cosmos. However, Korran- like his father- also possessed a Red Shard, a malevolent force that sought to corrupt and consume the Chaos Core, unleashing untold nightmares upon the known universe. When they attempted to confront the demon, the Vigilants and Scion realized, too late, that Korran had already fallen under its influence. Korran was able to defeat them, and he fled the Order, and vanished.

Knocked off balance and uncertain, the Order of Vigilants decided to seal Yana away, to forestall any chance of the demon taking possession of her as it did her brother. However, Tayatra Vhandri and most of Scion argued against it, believing that in doing so they might lose their best chance of defeating Korran Warlok, should he ever harness the Red Shard's full power, as Yana could potentially unlock the Chaos Core before Korran did. Despite Scion's fervent pleas, the Order went forward with their plan to seal Yana. Unbeknowst to them, Yana was already aware of their intentions, and, before they could enact them, she fled the Order, determined to find her brother and save him from the Red Shard.

Using her Ambrosia aspect to her advantage, Kara avoided detection by the Order, and found her way to Soul Society's Gotei Thirteen. Yana changed her name to Kara Masters and joined one of the prestigious squads, where she would hone her powers and continue her search for her brother, Korran Warlok.

Last edited by Fluxarc on Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total. word count: 849
FLUXARC | KARA MASTERS
'I SEE IT CLEARLY- THE MONOLITH ON THE LAKE. IT CALLS TO ME.' KARA MASTERS
Fluxarc

RP Leader

Re: [13th Division] Kara Masters

Post by Fluxarc » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:58 pm

[Battle Summary]
Division
Thirteenth Division
RankSoul Level
Recruit35
Zanpakutou
Please Enter Your Zanpakutou

Powers & Abilities

Reiatsu [C]

As of now, I am at average level of power among experienced spiritually aware beings, and can stand against similarly powered individual with no question at all. As such, performing a notable number of low to mid-level reiatsu skills is a simple task before exhaustion takes over.

Strength [D+]

At this point I have forsaken my humanity entirely and have moved beyond. While still lacking impressive feats spiritual beings above this level have accomplished, I'm definitely flirting with the idea of super human. I even gained enough strength to seriously hurt those weaker than me without even trying, while those of similar constitution would take care not to eat too many of my attacks and even those above me would have to think twice about taking something like a raw punch. Throwing something like the weight of a motorcycle could be effective in combat, while my attacks can take down thin walls.

Durability [D+]

I've reached upper echelon of academy graduates. I have honed my durability to the point that I am able survive the attacks of lesser hollows.

Endurance [D+]

I could probably use a bit more cardio in my work out, since I'm a little below average in terms of endurance. Trying to last for prolonged periods of time in high intensity situations would be tiring. I'm pretty sure I'd pass out if that happened.

Reiatsu Control [E]

Cannot control reiatsu at all, unless a device does it.
  • Cannot channel reiatsu.
  • Reiatsu A+ and up: Full reiatsu is channeled uncontrollably to whatever the character touches.
  • Cannot cast kidou or cero.

Zanjutsu [E]

At this level I exhibit a total lack of knowledge and or skill. I have no idea I am doing. Any attack I do would be based on instinct and guesses. At best swings are imprecise and leave many openings for counter-attacks, parries, and the like. Even a solid impact might knock the blade from the my hand. It's almost a wonder that if I would be capable of buttering toast. Of course, someone a bit more knowledgeable would use a butter knife.

Hakuda [C]

As an average user of this art, I have proven that I am well versed in not only the basics, but numerous variations. I can see and exploit openings, consciously cover most of my own, draw the opponent in, and usually resist falling for gambits. Application of what I have learned is confident and spontaneous. Use of hand-to-hand techniques becomes viable in almost any situation.

Hohou [C]

Entering the realm of average user, I can maintain fast movements for a lengthy period of time. I am now also able to apply my knowledge of Hohou while engaging in combat to effectively control my positioning around the battlefield and my opponent.

Zanpakutou Mastery [C+]

(Shikai/Resureccion): 4th ability unlocked, 3rd ability mastered.

word count: 491
FLUXARC | KARA MASTERS
Fluxarc

RP Leader

Re: [13th Division] Kara Masters

Post by Fluxarc » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:45 pm

[Soul Slayer Name]
Godsworn

[Soul Slayer Spirit]
Within Kara's Inner World, Godsworn takes the form of Kara herself, though with white hair and piercing blue eyes, and refers to herself as Helm. She is strict and unforgiving, and will usually make Kara take on trials before teaching her any new techniques.

[Inner World]
Yana's inner world is a vast, icy mountain range ravaged by a perpetual blizzard. Atop the central and highest mountain is an incredibly tall tower of austere black marble. Treacherous steps spiral up the outside of the castle to a large room at the top, where Helm sits upon a black throne, watching over her dominion.

[Release Phrase]
Declare

[Initial Release/Shikai appearance]
Once Godsworn is released, it turns into pure radiant silver energy, which then reforms into a silvery, flexible armor covering the entirety of both her arms. The armor is a silver alloy, and can tank hits with a physical power equivalent to Kara's spirit energy level. However, like any armor, hits with greater power will eventually cause it to wear.

[Soul Slayer Power Base]
Particle Manipulation

[Initial Release/Shikai Abilities]

{Passive}

Ambrosia Aspect
The Ambrosia Aspect is a characteristic unique to those known as Prime Potentials, beings capable of unlocking the Chaos Core, an ancient power source. Kara's Ambrosia Aspect makes her spiritual energy completely undetectable (except for those possessing extremely high spirit power), while heightening her own awareness of the life-forces/spiritual energy of others dramatically. However, it completely takes away her ability to use Kido.

Sovereign
Kara's Ambrosial Aspect gives her access to her most basic and most powerful ability- Sovereign.

Kara wields control over all particulate matter, which includes corporeal (rocks, water, steel) and incorporeal (air,fire, spirit energy) things. This control comes in two forms, macro and micro. Macro control is basic telekinesis, moving objects from one place to another.

Micro control is transmutation, manipulating objects at the subatomic level to change their very substance i.e. changing water to ice, or earth to magma to steel, or fire to spirit energy, and vice versa. Transmutation occurs telekinetically, with no need for actual bodily contact with the target object. The speed of a transmutation is dependent on the mass of the body being transmuted/changed, where bodies of a mass equal to her own take about twenty seconds (This duration may be reduced with training). However, physical contact with the object being transmuted speeds up the process by 50%, as it allows her to channel her Ambrosia Aspect directly into the object.

Macro Control costs 1.5% of Kara's total spirit energy for masses double her own, while Micro Control costs 3.0%. However, this is for the initial 'telekinetic grasp' i.e. when she first ‘grabs’ an object with her telekinesis, or transmutes it. Subsequently, the cost is more psychic than energy-based, with a drain of 5% of Kara’s psychic energy per three-posts during which the object is telekinetically held. This translates as a 5% reduction per three-posts of Kara’s speed, strength, agility and reaction time. Once Kara drops her telekinetic hold, her psychic energy is restored at the same rate as it was drained.

There is no definite limit to the number of simultaneously controllable masses; the only limit is in the energy and mental stamina required.

Kara's particle control has a maximum range of 100 meters. However, the cost of a telekinetic grasp increases by 0.5% per meter for every meter beyond 50 meters, while the physical cost increases by 0.2%. Kara cannot control objects linked physically with sentient matter (souls, mortals), or those intrinsically psychically or vitally linked with sentient matter (zanpakutou). Kara can however manipulate objects actively infused with the lifeforce/ spiritual energy of another, where her own spiritual energy is at least two levels above the opponent's, though the cost of control would be increased by 25%, with this additional cost reduced by 5% for every level over two between her spiritual energy and the opponent's (i.e. 2 levels above = 25%, 3 levels above = 20%, etc).

{Active}

Scryer
By manipulating the ambrosial energies within herself, Kara is capable of activating a unique optical ability called Scryer. When Scryer is activated, Kara’s pupils and irises darken, then transform into two thin black rings, while her sclera turn a piercing silver.

Scryer allows Kara to view the worlds in terms of its energies. Through training Kara can learn to ‘mask out’ energies, allowing her to effectively see through obstructions or structures. Being able to view energies also allows Kara to predict attacks by studying energy patterns, which may dramatically increase her reaction time. Kara can also warp space visually, allowing her to zoom in on objects at a distance, as well as ‘wrapping’ space around her, allowing her to see in all directions simultaneously.

Activating the Scryer ability costs 5% of Kara's spiritual energy, whilst maintaining it will reduce all her physical abilities by 2.5% per three posts; the telescopic variant zaps 2.5% of her spirit energy for every 100 feet zoomed, and the panoramic variant requires an additonal 5% of her spirit energy to use. Both variants have the same affect on her physical abilities as Scryer's base power.

Wrathful Oath
Using her particle control ability Kara is able to kinetically charge solid objects by accelerating their particles, effectively energizing them. This allows her to create explosions, even out of thin air.

To create explosions, objects must be charged up a hundred percent, which drains 3.0% of Kara's energy for solid objects of mass equal to her own; the explosive energy released (for objects of mass equal to Kara's) is the equivalent of a full-powered Shakkaho/Red Fire Cannon Hadou. Objects will explode once Kara releases her telekinetic hold on them, allowing her to fire off charged objects at opponents. Kara's explosions are accompanied by bright flashes, force and heat waves and loud bangs- like every other explosion.

Like transmutation, kinetic charging takes 20 seconds (10 seconds where there is physical contact) for objects of a mass equal to Kara's. A less than hundred percent charge on an object typically results in intense combustion, rather than an explosion i.e. really hot flames, for combustible objects.

Wrathful Oath shares the same range of effect, and range consequences, as Kara's base particule manipulation ability, Sovereign.

word count: 1079
FLUXARC | KARA MASTERS

Return to “All Character Profiles”