Founder
Kan: 11,693.05 
User Title: [Slayer of Wretched Lions | The Unseen Deity]
Subtitle: [Sovereign]

Administrator

RP Leader

Kidou Corps HQ: Seat of the Archmage

Post by XIII » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:37 pm

“Are you insane!?” She roared, and rightfully so. The verdict was asinine, hasty, and worst off nonsense. A decision like that that only stood to jeopardize Soul Society even further. This could not stand, and Emi would not let it. She would make her final, gentle appeal. Her last words in an effort to steer things back on the proper path, and away from the discord the others seemed inclined to invite. This would not be her last stand, but the last that the Captains had any hope to tolerate.

“On what grounds? You sit there and demand to do the impossible and imprison me, of all people for twenty thousand years? You know full well that there is no facility capable of holding me. And mass murder? How would you differentiate them from our enemies when all they did was seek to tear us down. Seizure of power!? When all I did was facilitate the natural operations in lieu of a corrupt government. As if humans do not have laws to facilitate such removals, are we so arrogant as to think our own cannot falter? That none should be able to act against them, and we resign ourselves to our fates? Is it that you, too, understand absolutely nothing!?

You would absolve completely, the collusion of both Central 46 and Solus Dextera, and their descent into a terrorist organization? You would overlook their kidnapping of CHILDREN, of their sanctioned killing. Their overlooking is Solus’ actions, their own order to destroy each and every last one of us!?

You, sit there and judge me. Render this verdict but ignore the facts? Ignore all the circumstances and come to this conclusion!? I didn’t take the power for myself. I didn’t become the inheritor of this burden just to perish in the darkness as you would have me. From the beginning I have done nothing but offer myself up on a platter to those that would sooner see me stabbed in the heart.

I’ve reestablished the Seireitei’s missing defenses. Restored purity in place of a cesspool of corruption. Gave rise to a less destructively inclined Generation of Captains. I’ve overseen the secure containment of worldly, even universal threats, and have coordinated with the Zero Division in order to accomplish these tasks. And there you stand, willing and ready to no only dispose of your singles greatest asset in decades, but spit in her face too?

I didn’t kill them because I wanted to. I did not imprison Solus because I despised him. I did what what was ultimately for the greater good. I did, though my best efforts alone or through aid of the Kidou Corps, to make the seeds I sowed grow into the types of tree that would restore life and balance to our Society. I would have seen the slums of the Runkongai abolished. Millions of souls, removed from suffering and squalor. Never to live the afterlife in misery and neglect by a Gotei that would soon forget them, or kill them theirselves.

Realize that taking me down also means the dismantling of the Kidou Corps, of one of Gotei’s primary defenses. Each and every one of the agents here, barring the newly recruited leadership has been an accomplice. They’ve known the truth and have played their parts in acting in line with my plans. All this, because you lack the ability to show better judgment. Actions have consequences, consequences that you seem not to realize or consider.

This, this bump on the road can mean nothing if you realize your error, how you’re on the wrong side of this. Follow on this path now and Gotei will only know ruination.
There will be no one here to save you, you won’t even be able to save yourselves. The inadequacies are proven, and removing a key asset only stands to make your already slim chances even worse.

If there was but one regret I had, it would be in telling you all the truth. Realizing that honor and transparency was not worth the risk to Gotei. Gotei’s power was left with the Captains before and they failed, miserably. It was the Captains that allowed the Seireitei to fall, neglected their duties, their training. It was the Captains that allowed their strength to decline, and give way to the forces that tore them down. It was those same Captains that gave rise to Solus’ tyranny. That allowed both him and Central 46 to wipe out mass swathes of Rukongai citizens in order to create others like him, and failed experiments like me.

You can bring back that Gotei, bring back that era of filth. But know this, for where you’re at now, there is no hope for you. When that voice filled the skies, what did any of you do? Nothing. Some unforeseen entity announced itself as a clear threat to us, and you took no action. You left Goeti at risk, you jeopardized the lives of the countless civilians here. And you dare to put me in the same breath as mass murderer? In the end it was only me that did anything. I mobilized the Kidou Corps Leadership to deal with the threat, I evoked the Seireitei’s defenses while you sat there and did nothing. Even as the emergency systems announced the lockdown, guess who was slow to respond?

So bring back your era of do-nothing Captains. Imprison the only one that took action, took the initiative on anything in years. Usher in a new era of complacency, and demise. Ignore that Slow, unprepared, illogical, hasty, violent. You can’t coast on your strength alone, when clearly battle prowess is all you have. And even then, the extent of that is questionable. You need foresight, a steady hand, a heart to make the tough calls. So far I’ve been the only one capable of handling the position you would denounce, and for what? A meek shadow against the bright rays of the sun?

You think I’m the first? You think I will be the last? Others like me, and those before me will come. Their actions, like mine will go above and beyond those of their peers. They will wade through the muck and the pitch to see the light. There deeds, while not spotless have lead to eras of peace , prosperity and strength. And above all they brought about wholeness. If it’s not me, someone else will take my place, just as I intended to take the place of my predecessors. You cannot escape the Captain Commander. The moment you remove me from my position, the Zero Division will get involved, and they may not align with your ideals. They may force your hands because as it stands, Gotei just can’t seem to get its shit together without proper leadership. Worse, they may supersede your judgements and erase this faulty verdict of yours.

I beg you to act wisely. If not... Invite chaos to your doorsteps, and into your homes. I’ve said my last.”
word count: 1186

One who calls upon the ocean never expects the tsunami.
For beckoning the rains, also tempts the hurricane.
When simple kindling begs the wildfire,
A furious inferno to devour the lands.
And to say a prayer is to provoke the wrath of God.
Know ye not your foolishness?

Fluxarc
Kan: 6,426.60 

RP Leader

Post by Fluxarc » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:35 pm

Kara calmly listened to all Emi Akino had to say. Her rebuttal didn't come as a shock. Kara knew the woman's pride would never let her take the judgement quietly. Protest was predictable. Kara only hoped that the nobility she saw in Emi Akano's heart would win the day, and they could put this all behind them and do what they were meant to do.

"Captain Akino," Kara said in a calm but firm tone, "I have no history with you, and the heinous acts of Solus Dextera exist only as passages in history texts, the horror of his deeds only as real as my most intense imaginings. I understand the desperation that drove you to do the things you did. And I do not deny the peace and stability brought about by your actions. You say your deeds were done to bring about a new age for Soul Society, an age where Captains would rise of an creed more noble than Dextera's, who would seek only the greater good of Soul Society.

I believe we stand on the brink of that age, and whether or not we step into it depends on your willingness to reflect the very nobility you've sought to create.

Solus Dextera was undeniably a monster, at least as far as the records I've read tell me. But the members of the Central Forty-Six are only as evil as you've claimed, because we have no proof. Solus Dextera is locked away. The members of Central Forty-Six were slain. Perhaps if you had worked with the Captains, brought them into the fold, then there might be one who would vouch for your actions. But you didn't- you acted alone, and in so doing lost the trust of those you would now lead, the very order of Captains you would see lead Soul Society into a new age. And even after you'd slain the Central Forty-Six, you took their place- another crime.

You asked us to pass judgement because, on some level, you recognize the wrongness of your actions. If you're truly the person you say you are, then answer for those actions, and set the example for all who would follow you into this new age. And when your time is served, regain the trust of your comrades, and work with us to protect everything that you've helped build.

The choice is yours, Captain Akino, but whatever you decide, please act with haste. You called us here because an invasion is imminent. My duty is to protect the people of Soul Society from this sort of danger. I intend to do this, with or without the help of the Goteijuusentai. Also," Kara's tone took on a slightly weary quality, "I believe my recommended sentence was twenty years- not twenty thousand."

Kara left it at that, but a new light had entered her eyes. Enough words had been spoken. If there was in fact an invading army pushing into Soul Society, then every second could mean the difference between life and death for hundreds of innocent souls. They- she- could not stand in place for much longer.

word count: 534
'I do not stand by, in the face of evil'
XIII
Founder

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by XIII » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:22 pm

“This still cannot stand...” She signed, Kara’s response was fair. Much more measured than before however there were several critical element she failed to take into account. As much as everyone wanted it, a swift resolution wasn’t possible.

“Everything I’ve said can be verified with absolute certainty. You know this There were survivors, as I mentioned previously. When I am able to bring back the prison from the outside, we can speak to them... though gaining their cooperation would be challenging. We could force it out of them, but I refuse to do so, even at risk to my own well being. You may, however... though this speaks nothing of the other alternatives I’ve mentioned.

Furthermore there was no way to involve the other Captains. Same as you fail to trust me now, I could not trust the old Captains. How could I could? They were all complicit, and the extent of which was a unknown. I couldn’t risk exposing my plans to another potentially compromised Captain. Worse, our enemies are far more resourceful than you can give credit to. A large scale involvement would bore the risk of leaks, and worse, would’ve divided our attentions.

A focus on the internal struggle was a vulnerability that could not be allowed, not then. Gotei wasn’t strong enough, and losing Solus was already enough of a blow to that strength. There was a surgical level or precision that just wasn’t possible en masse, and throwing more people at the problem wasn’t a viable solution. I thought about it, but complicit actions, directly or indirectly, are not valuable allies. Especially not in a situation as sensitive as then.

The Kidou Corps of that time stands as the sole exception to this belief, due to their proximity to Central 46. Involving them was inevitable, unavoidable, but even then they were not immediately told. It wasn’t until after the development of the 1000 Cages of Silence sealing spell. We originally agreed, unanimously, that when they first learned of what happened that this was something that should have never have been spoken of. This came at risk of complete soul destruction. It wasn’t until we all came to the agreement that enough time had passed, enough had changed, and we thought Gotei was strong enough to know that truth. In some regards, I’m not so sure we were in the end, and that troubles me.

Despite this, it was together that we not only thought to die by this secret, but use the darkness of it all to create a new light. The idea to capture Solus instead wasn’t my own, but theirs. We were all bound to the highest level of secrecy at risk of complete soul destruction, until we agreed to hold to the silence no longer and agreed to break the contract. They stood beside me then, how can you not now?

I admit, however, some of it was personal... but never once did that cloud my judgment or cause me to lose sight of what I was for the greater good. There was never a point, ever that I have not acted in everyone’s best interests. Even now. We stand divided, probably even more so now, than before we all gathered here. United under a single head we were stronger, we were better. With no hand to guide the blade, it is nothing but cold steel waiting to rust. We’ve rusted. For too long we’ve been rusted.

I’ve steered things back on course. Devised the plan to give focus to the Captains, giving them the position to be at the forefront away from home. No longer dividing their attentions and dooming us to fall in a war on two fronts. Founded the Kamui, to serve the purpose of defending Soul Society in place of the Captains, or in their place on the frontlines. Either the division of responsibilities would make us stronger. Beyond that, I brought back the First Division, created the seat, the heart and soul of a new era of stronger Soul Society. A place for all souls to live, somewhere crafted with care. A place where no one could die, or be forgotten in the Rukongai slums. By now we should already be there...

I... I can’t let this dream die. Not... not when we’re so close. I refuse to accept this defeat, not like this. I would sooner die then let it end this way.
Last edited by XIII on Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 756

Akugaranwa Itachi
Kan: 3,774.40 
User Title: Black Flash

RP Leader

Post by Akugaranwa Itachi » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:44 am

It was rather a sudden turn of events and Arthur did not really think Darius would get involved, however, he did not totally dismiss the probability of the huge man getting involved.

When the 2nd Division Vice-Captain moved to finish off the Criminal before him, with the side of his eyes he saw Darius move too. With the Dayne head's reaction speed lightning fast! He would adjust the motion of his slash making it so he moved his blade in a downward vertical diagonal slash. He would move his blade slightly bent so that when Darius moved his hand to land a hit on Arthur's wrist, his fist would be greeted by the hilt of Arthur's blade.

The tall man would achieve this by making a vertical diagonal slash while pushing the hilt of his blade downwards to meet Darius' hand, this would be to knock the huge man palm away from his path. Arthur would still, inches away from dividing Emi diagonally in half, would put a stop to his attack and would turn his attention to Darius.

"You would defend her? After all she had said and done?" Arthur threw the question to Darius as irritated as he could be at that moment. His lost focus would allow Emi to regroup, take a step back and would summon Kido operatives to create a rather complex barrier.

It would not be hassle to cut those men down while the flooded in, or while they chanted the Kido, for his level of speed made it so. Still, Arthur chose not to move, only choosing to watch what the woman had Install for herself, and for everyone. Soon after, the barrier formed to keep Arthur in place as well as the other captains. Emi spoke and made Kara and the Captain of the 13th Division judges, meaning she sort to be judged for her previous transgressions.

Arthur placed his blade back into his sheathe after deciding not to struggle. He would deactivate his Bankai to watch the movie that was about to display. That he did for the time being and almost got bored of Emi refusing to own up to her wrongs.

"Enough. You asked for Judgement and your Judgement has been passed. Don't drag this anymore for they will not reverse the judgement. Left to me alone, I would allow you rot for all eternity for the actions you made so you should count yourself blessed. That said, you gathered us here for an incoming threat.....Illuminate us all on what's coming and how you came by this information Emi Akino" Arthur said. He called her by her name for she has been stripped off her ranks and whatever title she had was rendered invalid.
word count: 462
For I am Supreme
Aegis Raiu
Kan: 2,559.60 
User Title: [5th Division Captain]Unhinged Lunacy

RP Leader

Post by Aegis Raiu » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:54 am

His mind was made up and he acted accordingly. First motioning to stop Ghost who tried to adjust his grip on his blade so the hilt would meet Darius' incoming blow while also attempting a downward slash at the big man. That much was expected from someone who felt like he could take on the world with his strength, but the big man knew the tall man's flaws and opted to step away.

In response to Ghost's attempt, Darius swayed his right hand to the right and lifted his entire body mass quickly and with beastly agility so he would ascend high above and watch the assailant strike empty air below him, whilst he'd pull both arms towards his chest and spin his body twice to land about 8m behind Ghost.

Looking back, Darius realized the attacker had withdrawn from his attempt to slay the subject of discuss, Captain Emi. While questioning his actions of defending her, when in truth, Darius was saving him from committing a crime that could end him in jail.

A smile crept up his face, as he pulled his cloth with his right hand to the left to enable him turn and take a seat on one of the numerous seats positioned in the area. He watched the Kido operatives filled out the room and chant their spells to create a barrier over each of those present. Captain Emi made two of the Captains judges over her case and still refuted their verdict.

Somehow, the big man had gotten the justice he could live with and now the defendant pleaded for a rethink from the same people she chose to give power. Darius grew content and allowed the scenes play out before him, ready to accept whatever the supposed judges deemed right, so long as the Soul Society he swore to protect would still be safe afterwards, only wishing they had acted sooner. He sat as the block of dense Reishi hovered around him, ready to act in Seireitei's defense despite no longer being a Captain.
word count: 345
PhoenixDayne
Kan: 3,559.80 

RP Leader

Post by PhoenixDayne » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:35 am

Atsushi stayed quiet after passing his verdict, he had seen her resist, a possibility he didn't want to believe in. Still, it happened, Akino refused to answer for her crimes and just when the vice-captain of the second division intended to speak, Atsushi roared, intercepting and preventing him from speaking any further.

"You could do better while quiet than simply thundering. Even if you do charge at her, can you strike her down? Will your blade reach her?"
Atsushi's voice and words became weighted, heavy with hints of fury and anger.

"What would your screaming do?"
He added, slowly turning his attention over to Emi that refuted the judgement.

"Emi, I understand how desperate you are but your crimes cannot be overlooked. I can only shift the time for you to answer to your crimes but I cannot rescind or nullify it. Your aim may have been for the soul society's best interest, however, the things you did cannot be reversed nor can it be undone. I can only observe your justice or righteousness or your beliefs and hope it doesn't stray from now onwards and I could lend a hand when necessary, to support you when you need it. But Emi Akino, whatever you do from this moment will determine if all that I've said and all that you've spent your years on will bloom into what it should be or die off. All of it solely depends on your actions and decisions."
His tone softened and calmed again, wishing that he'd settle things amicably and hasten things up.
Last edited by PhoenixDayne on Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 268

Spirited away, One strides on the axis of death and alongside despair. Knowledge isn't finite, Our limit is Us.
Fluxarc
Kan: 6,426.60 

RP Leader

Post by Fluxarc » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:24 am

Kara Masters was more empathetic than most, and her patience would rival that of a saint. But that patience had worn thin.

Not only was there an invading force possibly already sacking the villages of Rukongai, but Captain Emi Akino had imprisoned both she and the other Captains of the Goteijuusentai. Commanding obedience or attention was about respect, not cavalier force. Kara believed that if Captain Akino had but asked for the patience and understanding of the Captains, most would have abided. But she'd chosen to steamroll over their free will. It was this exact impulse that made Captain Akino ill-suited for the position of Captain Commander in Kara's judgement; not that she would ever trust in such a position ever again after all she'd learned.

"Captain Akino," Kara's tone was tempered steel, "you've heard our verdicts. Now is the time to choose. But choose quickly. And please be kind enough to lower these barriers around us. Whatever your opinion of us, we are all Captains of the Goteijuusentai, and you have no authority- moral or otherwise- to hold us against our will."

word count: 189
'I do not stand by, in the face of evil'
XIII
Founder

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by XIII » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:24 am

“Nonsense...” she muttered. “You’re all fools... idiots even. You’re stubborn, and too pure. To immature to accept the reality of this world. To blind to see that beneath the dirt and grime of it all, I am right. Your judgment, your sentencing only proves my deductions. You are weak.”

She pointed towards each of the Captains, which prompted the Kidou Corps agents to release them from their holding cells.

“Imprisoning me is a mistake I simply cannot allow you to make. Not in a world where half-measures mean the deaths of thousands. The only solution is distance.”

One by one the barriers fell, and with each one that dropped Emi’s Reiatsu surged upward. The ocean, the flood to drown the whole of the world came free. Yet despite its weightiness, despite the density and the sheer enormity of it all the energy she set forth wasn’t overtly threatening. She had no intent to fight them, and the gentle, yet biting nature of her oceanic energy showed as much. Instead it was both a warning and a farewell. The power she displayed was a warning of what awaited them if they pursued her, as well as what they had driven away and the consequence of that. The outcome they sought, be it imprisonment, death or even banishment ultimately meant the loss of a Captain level entity. Worse, an immensely powerful one at that. Perhaps even their strongest, and that was something they just couldn’t afford to lose.

Removing Emi from her position simply wasn’t an option, not without creating an extreme risk to the security of the Seireitei. Unfortunately Emi was the only one to recognize it, and it was clear that no matter what she did, they would only continue to shun her. There was only one option. She would forsake Gotei and it’s flawed ideals, and the broken organization it clearly was. Today, Emi would turn her back on Gotei, and the possibility of ever looking back was quite slim.

“I hereby reject all associations with the Gotei 13. All titles, all honors, all forms of recognition is now officially nullified. I will not, however, follow through on my excommunication plans. This order is now rescinded, leaving only Division Zero the authority and the means necessary to transfer my rights so long as I am still here breathing. It is clear to me now that no one within Gotei is competent enough to carry that burden.”

She once again suppressed her Reiatsu. This time, she cut it off almost completely. The act symbolized her full commitment to disconnecting from Gotei, going to the point that she wouldn’t even allow them to feel her presence. In that very moment, if not for the fact that they could still see here, she had effectively become a ghost to them.

“When you’ve found strength seek me out. When you’ve found the light, come to me. When you have find your minds and spines along, find me.
Until then, I have nothing more to do with any of you.

Instead, I will operate autonomously. Free from your judgment. Free from your foolishness. Free from your mistakes and willingness to jeopardize the lives of truly innocent souls. The Kamui, Myself, and those unwilling to cooperate with liabilities will find our own way forward. A new era, a new, better breed of Shinigami will rise without you holding them back. Without your inane ideals and slothful nature holding them back. I will see to it with this bloodstained hands of mine, that we never become the same kind of embarrassment that you would allow Gotei to perpetuate.

Like the Vizard before us, we will make our own path. A strength that Gotei both feared and shunned, a strength it refused to hold. A history repeated by the lack of foresight.

So, continue to fumble, flounder, and falter until you become extinct. The spirit world is likely better off without people like you. So-called defenders. The idle, the slow defenders you are...”

She then turned to the Kidou Corps members currently standing by and began to relay a dramatically different set of orders than previously issued.

“Those of you still loyal to the cause follow me. The rest of you, are banished from these grounds.”

And with that Emi waved her hands rhythmically, carefully guided the pieces of the puzzle to their final destinations. As was planned she pulled lands, buildings upon buildings from a time long forgotten long abandoned and pulled it into their timeline. Originally it was decided to be the new home and operations for the First Divsion, but the stubbornness of ingrates forced her to turn from this plan. Instead the grounds were guided to a furthest reaches of the Spiritual World, far from the Seireitei. Far from Gotei.

Soon after various members of the Kidou Corps began to vanish. Those who stayed committed to her vision were whisked away by the powerful magic at play here. Soon after, the Citizens of the Rukongai and the Kamui were also relocated. Following the people, the various Central 46 buildings, records and anything else pertinent were all transferred just the same. Finally, the prison facilities previously removed from their timeline we’re guided back to where the belonged. All of them relocated to The Seat of the Kamui.

“We all live with the choices we make. I pray that you find the strength to stomach the paths you’re walking now. I beg that I never see any of you again...”

As her words lingered on the air, the Captains would be forcibly expelled from the grounds. Moments later they would be returned to their respective divisions and left to face the threat at their doorstep; they would now be alone, and left with the Seireitei’s defenses severely crippled. As the traces of the Grand Kidou began to fade, so too would all traces of the barrier that surrounded it.

Forsake all those who would shun the future.
Forsake those who would wallow in darkness.
Forsake the Gotei Thirteen.
[Project Kamui End]
Last edited by XIII on Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 1021

Aegis Raiu
Kan: 2,559.60 
User Title: [5th Division Captain]Unhinged Lunacy

RP Leader

Seat of the Archmage: Exile Headquarters

Post by Aegis Raiu » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:34 am

"I hereby reject all associations with the Gotei 13. All titles, all honors, all forms of recognition is now nullified. I will not, however, follow through on my excommunication plans," were the words that followed through from Emi's lips. Words that caused Darius to lift his left eye brow in a widened gaze to see if he indeed hearing what he was.

By now the kidou barrier surrounding him and some of the other Captains were down and yet the lady spew even more curses, rebellion, and total lack of mannerism with her every word and actions. Now, she had even scorned at them. But Darius had had enough of her nonsense, and without so much as a body movement, he had relaid a mental message to one of the Captains.
This is a message that can only be understood by the user and targets of their choosing:

Ace, you've heard and seen the lady whom we revered just a while ago, what she'd turned. An enemy of the state and proudly so, I'll act now and I hope you do same.

Darius would suddenly be heard from a distance behind the lady Captain as she thundered, Bakudou 75: GochuTekkan. Causing five massive steel pillars connected by chains to descend from 10m above the dramatic Captain Emi, in an attempt to pin her down to a place. And after she had trained the big man himself, he knew that was far from being a successful hit, nor will it keep her down for long if it hit. So, he only wished it'll at least serve as a distraction of sorts, while he employed his Shunpo to shorten the gap between them.

The aura surrounding him grew dark and spiked the wind to displace his lower clothing as it rose briefly. Darius clasped both hands before him with fingers intertwined with each other as he spoke, Bakudou 99: Part 1: Kin. If successful, Emi would find her hands forcefully drawn aback and wrapped with black cloth, before getting impaled at multiple points of both arms.
word count: 349
Phantom-T
Kan: 4,935.00 
User Title: Shadow Walker

Hall of Fame

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by Phantom-T » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:15 am

Silently still in his position, Hazuki monitored the barrier before him as if trying to solve a jigsaw puzzle. It was amazing how they had thought to put up a barrier around him, without adding extra precautions to his despite knowing he was their barrier vice commander. He calmly went ahead to pres his palm on the barrier and caress the barrier only to pick up on the fundamental building blocks of the barrier.

Amazing he smirked before pulling his hands off of it. While others looked at it as a cage he was fascinated with the very concept of it. They had practically employed 3 types of barriers to create this as he would mentally agree this might not have been possible if they didn't cast it in numbers. He quickly returned his focus to the proceeding of the judgement of Sovereign by the two she had assigned judge and jury.

He expected EMI had something up her sleeve for picking the two whom so happened to have been part of her division members. However, he couldn't have been more shocked when Captain Kara and Akuta chose to condemn their Commrade to imprisonment. His eyes focused on both individual as they declared their reason for doing so which he couldn't come to disagree with.

Well what do you know Hazuki hunched back with his shoulder relaxed with his zan drawn closer to him. He watched the two party exchange words of loyalty, duty and pride and yet he didn't feel any malice for Emi from their words.

There was no denying what EMI had done, her goodwill had brought about the peace Soul society now lived. However, every action had its consequences and that might be what she now suffered Hazuki thought considering the situation at hand.

On the other hand, He didn't see the sense in keeping her locked up especially in an organisation her authority was overwhelming, an organisation where her words could split the heavens and one which had fueled most of her activities in the past. It was either they got rid of her or she was allowed the position she seeked. Keeping her locked up in chains she built was only going to harm them further in the future. If they had really decided to punish her then killing her was going to be the best option he thought as he stood to his feet hoping the address the issue.

However, before he could raise a hand or even his voice Emi lashed out on the house, rejecting the pronouncement of the two he had given authority over his fate while renouncing her position and titles.

A frown dawn on his face, and then a voice echoed though only to his hearing in a way that agreed with his soul
This is a message that can only be understood by the user and targets of their choosing:

Ace, you've heard and seen the lady whom we revered just a while ago, what she'd turned. An enemy of the state and proudly so, I'll act now and I hope you do same.

He couldn't help but exhale intensely. EMI was right they might have actually lost the strongest asset they had and was probably going to regret this. However, also thanks to her and her advice he wasn't going to stand and watch her prophecy play out not while he still had breath in his lungs. A spark of reiatsu quickly bolted through his eyes with foot stamped to the floor to create a crystalline wave of reishi which spread across the room like thing threads. He was going to borrow some of Emis Authority in this room and immediately hed give out a coded command to only the barrier unit loyal to him. They'ld tap into the line of reishi he had created and immediately chant with him sealing most of the room at least where they stood in an ambient form of energy which Hazuki had come up with after studying the spell signature outside. It wasn't a time spell like his commander had created, but with this the barrier of space in her space and time manipulation had been interrupted making it possible for them to still stick together even if they where dispelled from the room.

The chanting would continue with the kido squadron. However, Hazuki would stop and start a new one. Recreating the 5 stage barrier the underlings had used against him and the other captains, around Emi while the pillar Daruis had summoned, dropped in from above before it totally sealed off. He could almost tell it was futile but letting Emi Escape them was going to be more troublesome and as such he'd practically be pulling a thing thread in other to keep her stationed even if for a brief second.
word count: 817

Hazuki Ryuga + Kin Ryuu || Like a shadow, I am and I am not

Eckhard Staudinger Thorn
XIII
Founder

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by XIII » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:17 am

“Of course...” she scoffed, seeing as it was only now that Darius decided to take action. However, by now it was already far too late. The effects of the spell were already beginning to carry her, and those who decided to follow her away. All that remained now was her rapidly fading image to deride them further.

“You had your chance to act, fool. Just like how you chose to do nothing with Solus, your failure to kill me when I gave you the chance has brought consequences far beyond your understanding.”

She had offered herself to him on a silver platter, and he refused it the same as he refused to take action against Solus. This was her entire point, inaction birthed hazards. Languor gave way to vulnerability. When Captain’s, when all Shinigami failed to rise to their duties with immediacy it cost them. Lives, allies, the ability to subdue supposed criminals. Only now it was being shoved right in his face, all of their faces, plain to see. She made it clear that doing nothing, being slow solved nothing. It was her death, or absolutely nothing at all. And now they got nothing, if not but a new adversary that desired nothing more than to undermine them at every turn.

This was a hard lesson Gotei needed to learn. And it came at the peril of the lives they had sworn to protect. Captain Commander or not Emi was going to teach them this lesson. Beat it into them if she had to. Again, and again, and again until either they learned to get real about the world they lived in and their responsibility to take action when necessary, however necessary; or perish in their ignorance. This wasn’t some game they could keep playing with impunity. Lives were at stake. If Emi was half the criminal they made her out to be, they had the single greatest responsibility to put her down back when they had the chance. But, like with Solus, they blew it. Again.

Their collective lack of conviction, lack of resolution, and strength to make the hard and murky decisions cost them. It cost them the only one around willing to mitigate that critical flaw, the only one that seemed they could. It cost them their safety. It cost them their ability to apprehend a supposed criminal, it cost them their credibility, and it cost them a massive force in their military. Whether or not it would cost them everything else was question time would tell, and would certainly not sugarcoat. Just as actions had consequences, so too did inaction. Just as inaction gave rise to the tyranny of Solus Dextera, so too did it give rise to The Kamui. Not as what would have been an allied force, but instead their single greatest menace.

“Hazuki... perhaps it will be you that—”

The pillars hit where Emi stood, causing an eruption of smoke and dust. Almost instantly it would clear, but behind the veil there was nothing. Emi was gone. Her loyalists were gone. The Kidou Corps HQ and all of the Central 46 territory was gone. Nothing of them remained but the biting memory they had hoped to leave behind.
word count: 538

Return to “Court of the Sorcerer”