Founder
Kan: 1,357.35 
User Title: [Slayer of Wretched Lions | The Unseen Deity]
Subtitle: [Sovereign]

Administrator

RP Leader

[Voting] CBS Updates to Hakuda Decriptions

Post by XIII » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:32 am

There have been suggestions made to update/change some of the Hakuda descriptions. I will list the original descriptions alongside the suggestions submitted by @Tope.

Voting will be open from Today, July 22 and will close in one week on July 29. After voting is closed the new suggestions will be implemented into the CBS. If you wish to make your own suggestions or wish to make edits, you may submit them here.

Hakuda [A]

Expert no more, I am now recognized as a master of the art. Masters are the best-trained in Hakuda. In fact, masters are so well versed in hand-to-hand combat that most moves can be executed to devastating effect, leaving little option for defense to any who are not at least equal in skill. All of the basics and variations are applied with reflex-level spontaneity. Their understanding of force and balance allows them to attempt and recover from techniques that would leave a lesser artist on their face. The opponent's anatomy and movements are an open book, and the Master has complete control over how much force is used. Even a miss can have enough power behind it to cause area damage. They know all of the art's theory and probably all of the advanced techniques, and begin to experiment with concepts to advance both.

Suggestion: Hand to Hand [A]
Expert no more, I am now recognized as a master of the art. Masters are the best-trained in hand to hand combat, having mastered all forms of unarmed Combat. In fact, masters are so well versed in hand-to-hand combat that most moves can be executed to devastating effect, leaving little option for defense to any who are not at least equal in skill. They are able to pull off hand-to-hand feats that are seemingly impossible for even the most skilled fighters that try to comprehend their foreign skill. All of the basics and variations are applied with reflex-level spontaneity, their body movements becomes unpredictable so much that they are able to confuse other hand to hand fighters with their unpredictable, spontaneous and random fighting styles. Their understanding of force and balance allows them to attempt and recover from techniques that would leave a lesser artist on their face. The opponent's anatomy and movements are an open book, and the Master has complete control over how much force is used. Even a miss can have enough power behind it to cause area damage. They know all of the art's theory and probably all of the advanced techniques, and begin to experiment with concepts to advance both.

Hakuda [A+]

With greater understanding of the underlying theory comes the beginning of surpassing simple knowledge. At this level I have developed variants of advanced techniques and have a good chance of effectively doing so even in the midst of combat.

Suggestion: Hand to Hand [A+]
With greater understanding of the underlying theory comes the beginning of surpassing simple knowledge. At this level I have excelled in all forms of hand to hand combat, so much that every part of my body can be used to perform devastating strikes. Mixing every existing fighting style in a brawl is now like a joke to me, with the way I employ every part of my body in a fight most would question if what I do is really hand to hand combat. At this stage, understanding and analyzing opponents style of combat and flaws in the opponent's attack and defense is a piece of cake. I can also use attacks that can automatically knock down the opponent or use the strength of the opponent against them. With intense focus, my body has reached a level it resist fear and pain, maximize and surpass physical boundaries, utilize all of my skills in the most efficient manner, and continuously fight even while unconscious. I have developed variants of advanced techniques and have a good chance of effectively doing so even in the midst of combat.

Hakuda [S]

Nearing the peak of my skills, I am now recognized as a Grandmaster of the art. Grandmasters have gone beyond mere training and techniques. Their full understanding of the art's theory allows insights that no lesser artist could conceive. Their body reacts as needed or desired with little, if any, thought required for any situation. This is not to say that they cannot be surprised by a clever tactic, but it is unlikely to be as effective, if at all, a second time. In terms of power, a touch can have the force of a bomb, merely sever a certain nerve, or devastate an area.

Suggestion: Hand to Hand [ S]
Nearing the peak of my skills, I am now recognized as a Grandmaster of the art. Grandmasters have gone beyond mere training and techniques, they know every form of hand to hand combat. Their full understanding of the art's theory allows insights that no lesser artist could conceive. Their body reacts as needed or desired with little, if any, thought required for any situation. They possess a semi automatic response mechanism to win in any combat by overcoming limitations and adapt techniques or methods to ensure victory. This is not to say that they cannot be surprised by a clever tactic, but it is unlikely to be as effective, if at all, a second time. They have a vast knowledge of the opponent's body and their limitations, have an incredible perception of opponents and their surrounding areas using it to their advantage, and can copy any type of unarmed arts and movements and understand how a special attack works upon seeing it. Their perception and reflex so great, even those moving at sonic speeds would be careful around me. And In terms of power, a touch can merely sever a certain nerve, or devastate an area it touches.

Hakuda [S+]

One might say that as a Grandmaster at this level, I have ascended to a different plane altogether. My grasp of the art's theory and its application is as instinctive as breathing. My body moves as needed or desired without thought, leaving the full power of my mind to plot a course of action ... or consider what to have for dinner, if the opponent is sufficiently below my level. My control of force is such that an opponent might not even feel the strike that injured them, or be left wondering how a graze on one side blew a hole in the other. Every apparent opening is a gambit. Every technique leads to a branching variety of others as if leading the opponent in a dance. And of course, I could probably win multiple bar fights in while sitting comfortably at home.

Suggestion: Hand to Hand [ S+]
One might say that as a Grandmaster at this level, I have ascended to a different plane altogether. My grasp of the art's theory and its application is as instinctive as breathing, I have reached the pinnacle of hand to hand fighting prowess. My body moves as needed or desired without thought, leaving the full power of my mind to plot a course of action ... or consider what to have for dinner, if the opponent is sufficiently below my level. At this level my body have an automatic response mechanism to win in any combat by overcoming limitations and adapt techniques or methods to ensure victory. I can adapt perfectly to all factors, achieving maximum efficiency in an offense, defense, evasion and countering, ensuring optimal success as long as there is the slightest chance. I know everything about bare hand fighting and surpass any and all masters of combat of any form, having complete knowledge of the forms whether they be unknown, nigh-impossible to master, or forbidden and can also create my own forms of combat to throw off my opponents. By looking at an opponent's body i can instantly understand an opponent's method of fighting, allowing me to anticipate the moves of the opponent as if i predicted it. My perception and reflex would threaten even the fastest out there in a close combat and my control of force is such that an opponent might not even feel the strike that injured them, or be left wondering how a graze on one side blew a hole in the other. Every apparent opening is a gambit. Every technique leads to a branching variety of others as if leading the opponent in a dance. And of course, I could probably win multiple bar fights while sitting comfortably playing video games.
word count: 1441

One who calls upon the ocean never expects the tsunami.
For beckoning the rains, also tempts the hurricane.
When simple kindling begs the wildfire,
A furious inferno to devour the lands.
And to say a prayer is to provoke the wrath of God.
Know ye not your foolishness?

Return to “Character Building System (CBS) | Development”