Re: Bleach RP Discussion

Post by PhoenixDayne » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:54 am

Phantom-T wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:41 am
XIII wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:35 am
Akugaranwa Itachi wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:35 am
Okay so I was on bike heading somewhere and while the cool breeze was blowing on my face an idea came in, funny right? Yeah it is.

So what I was thinking was, If All the players are entitled to points as a means of character building and power for CBS stats, what if we create a means of currency for In Character purposes, that way we get to see the characters purchase what they don’t have or strive to earn money to purchase tools or Skills they lack......it could be a currency different from the points we know off or a different points for that purpose.
You can go ahead and consider this done, actually. The seventh division had something like this back in the day. We used to have this currency called Kan (環), which is actually the currency they use in Soul Society. I used to give it as a reward for spars, monthly activity, and how much people contributed to the division. It also served as an excellent measure for exactly how well someone was doing in the division as well.

Anyway we used it to buy things like skills, I had an entire skill shop and people could use Kan to buy whatever skills they wanted. We could do the same thing here, especially since I was planning to do the whole skill library thing for people to share skills. Lol maybe people could sell their skills instead.

That’s just one thing we can use it for. What other sorts of things could we use the currency for?
Hmmm, we could also use it to buy permission or open up skill slots. I recall you had this idea about having 10 available techniques in the technique builder for custom abilities. We can bring that down to 2 or 5 and have the others opened when they've bought the right to have one.

We could also have the 13th Division custom weapon section function with currency exchange. That way custom weapons are not just dished away on a platter of gold.

Finally clans might also buy rights and be ranked not only based on military might but also financial influence which could put them in line with nobles (a group of highly respected clans with mod abilities for their leaders.)
Jeez! I totally love this idea, mate.
Especially the 13th division part:-).

Yeah, we'd totally go with this.
word count: 435

Spirited away, One strides on the axis of death and alongside despair. Knowledge isn't finite, Our limit is Us.
Phantom-T
Kan: 589.15 
User Title: Shadow Walker

Hall of Fame

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by Phantom-T » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:03 am

PhoenixDayne wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:54 am

Jeez! I totally love this idea, mate.
Especially the 13th division part:-).

Yeah, we'd totally go with this.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
That's one.
word count: 32

Hazuki Ryuga + Kin Ryuu || Like a shadow, I am and I am not
XIII
Founder
Kan: 1,357.35 
User Title: [Slayer of Wretched Lions | The Unseen Deity]
Subtitle: [Sovereign]

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by XIII » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:13 pm

Akugaranwa Itachi wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:30 am
Okay so I love the idea here and I can see something that is gonna be worth Training and striving to reach “The god level” For strength how about we call it Perfect Might. Gaining that would make you Be Melodies level of strength or Titan strength level which without sufficient durability would mean a one hit kill :roll:
I was taking this kind of thing into deep consideration as the idea was still forming in my head. This is why this wouldn’t only ever apply to a single stat. It’s be far too powerful otherwise. As from that, mltimately this stat wouldn’t necessarily be beyond S+ level. For the sake of simplicity Star level and S+ level stats are effectively the same. The only difference star level stats would come with a certain benefit that separates them from S+. Otherwise there’s no difference. The descriptions would be the same, except it would be S+ description and the description for the star level benefit.
That said, I would say those having the Star Level should be placed in a certain division or league different from the lesser beings lol we wouldn’t want people to accidentally get squashed lmao. That said, I think for those having the god level the star could be added to their title.
It’s doable, but given what I said above there’s effectively no need to do so. In the end, S level stats are still equivalent to S+, at least in practice they are.
So for example S+ level strength is not weaker than Star level strength. Just the star level strength person could like make buildings explode just by sneezing (I seriously have zero ideas for what to do with strength).
Akugaranwa Itachi wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:33 am
Am not sure how one might feel about this but, how about making the Royal Guard a thing instead of it just being in name alone? We could create a Section for those that wants to become Royal guards however we can set a certain requirements to it and a limited amount of members required. They could have their own set of rules maybe not beholden to the restrictions of abilities and reviews and so on. What do you think????
I’m not opposed, but the rules they operate with need to tight enough so that there not a bunch of untouchable beings. Or don’t exist in a space that’s unfair for the rest of the RP. That said, if they were to be given less “restrictions” in comparison to the rest of the RP, etc. what sorts of limits (specifically speaking) would remove for this RG group?

Furthermore, what sorts of requirements would this group have for gaining entry? Part of me for sure knows that it should be skill based at the barest of minimums. However perhaps there should be some sort of voting aspect as well? Like the forum would decide who would be considered qualified for such a position. In this case there’d essentially be no objections to who was in it.

Lastly there should be an equivalent group for all the races btw. (Can’t have a Shinigami only RG)

Phantom-T wrote:
Hmmm, we could also use it to buy permission or open up skill slots. I recall you had this idea about having 10 available techniques in the technique builder for custom abilities. We can bring that down to 2 or 5 and have the others opened when they've bought the right to have one.
Yeah this is probably a better way to go. •-• 10 slots from the start is kinda nuts.
We could also have the 13th Division custom weapon section function with currency exchange. That way custom weapons are not just dished away on a platter of gold.
Aye that should be a thing too. Was also thinking of the possibility that things could be free, if someone goes on a quest to acquire the materials needed to make the weapon item.

We could categorize things based on weapon effect/strength. Like elemental weapons would need an item based on that particular element, and there’d be 3 levels of power for each element... or something like that. So of course, 3 levels of quests for those materials. Also weapons could use different types of metals too. Stronger metals, the better the weapon can be. So on and so forth.

So basically, weapons would all have some basic items necessary to be made and you could either buy them or go on a quest to get them. At least this way, getting all the stuff needed to make these weapons wouldn’t just come out of nowhere.

And if we really want to get crazy (we don’t have to do this) perhaps only certain people can make certain types of weapons / items. Like, it’s a certain type of skill or a certain level someone would need to have in order to make a certain kind of item. For example, recruit level Takahashi wouldn’t have enough skill to make “The Super Thunder Demon’s Blade of Infinite Agony”, but Science Captain Tanaka could. And of course, what determines this would work the same way as everything else. A lil bit of CBS points to level it up, and then you can create all sorts of weapons. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This way at the very least nothing in this whole process is super mega free. Buut I’m not really going to press for things to be this way.
Finally clans might also buy rights and be ranked not only based on military might but also financial influence which could put them in line with nobles (a group of highly respected clans with mod abilities for their leaders.)
Aye, which, I think I’m going to push the requirements for clans down to maybe somewhere in the 4 or 5 people range. Or at the very least, allow more than just specialized divisions (like the Kidou Corps for example) act like clans. Since there’s an effort to shake up the organizational structure of divisions and stuff why not take that as an opportunity to treat them more like clans?
Last edited by XIII on Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 1059

One who calls upon the ocean never expects the tsunami.
For beckoning the rains, also tempts the hurricane.
When simple kindling begs the wildfire,
A furious inferno to devour the lands.
And to say a prayer is to provoke the wrath of God.
Know ye not your foolishness?

Akugaranwa Itachi
Kan: 316.15 
User Title: Black Flash

RP Leader

Post by Akugaranwa Itachi » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:14 am

XIII wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:13 pm
Akugaranwa Itachi wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:30 am
Okay so I love the idea here and I can see something that is gonna be worth Training and striving to reach “The god level” For strength how about we call it Perfect Might. Gaining that would make you Be Melodies level of strength or Titan strength level which without sufficient durability would mean a one hit kill :roll:
I was taking this kind of thing into deep consideration as the idea was still forming in my head. This is why this wouldn’t only ever apply to a single stat. It’s be far too powerful otherwise. As from that, mltimately this stat wouldn’t necessarily be beyond S+ level. For the sake of simplicity Star level and S+ level stats are effectively the same. The only difference star level stats would come with a certain benefit that separates them from S+. Otherwise there’s no difference. The descriptions would be the same, except it would be S+ description and the description for the star level benefit.
That said, I would say those having the Star Level should be placed in a certain division or league different from the lesser beings lol we wouldn’t want people to accidentally get squashed lmao. That said, I think for those having the god level the star could be added to their title.
It’s doable, but given what I said above there’s effectively no need to do so. In the end, S level stats are still equivalent to S+, at least in practice they are.
So for example S+ level strength is not weaker than Star level strength. Just the star level strength person could like make buildings explode just by sneezing (I seriously have zero ideas for what to do with strength).
Akugaranwa Itachi wrote:
Am not sure how one might feel about this but, how about making the Royal Guard a thing instead of it just being in name alone? We could create a Section for those that wants to become Royal guards however we can set a certain requirements to it and a limited amount of members required. They could have their own set of rules maybe not beholden to the restrictions of abilities and reviews and so on. What do you think????
I’m not opposed, but the rules they operate with need to tight enough so that there not a bunch of untouchable beings. Or don’t exist in a space that’s unfair for the rest of the RP. That said, if they were to be given less “restrictions” in comparison to the rest of the RP, etc. what sorts of limits (specifically speaking) would remove for this RG group?

Furthermore, what sorts of requirements would this group have for gaining entry? Part of me for sure knows that it should be skill based at the barest of minimums. However perhaps there should be some sort of voting aspect as well? Like the forum would decide who would be considered qualified for such a position. In this case there’d essentially be no objections to who was in it.

Lastly there should be an equivalent group for all the races btw. (Can’t have a Shinigami only RG)

Phantom-T wrote:
Yeah this is probably a better way to go. •-• 10 slots from the start is kinda nuts.
Aye that should be a thing too. Was also thinking of the possibility that things could be free, if someone goes on a quest to acquire the materials needed to make the weapon item.

We could categorize things based on weapon effect/strength. Like elemental weapons would need an item based on that particular element, and there’d be 3 levels of power for each element... or something like that. So of course, 3 levels of quests for those materials. Also weapons could use different types of metals too. Stronger metals, the better the weapon can be. So on and so forth.

So basically, weapons would all have some basic items necessary to be made and you could either buy them or go on a quest to get them. At least this way, getting all the stuff needed to make these weapons wouldn’t just come out of nowhere.

And if we really want to get crazy (we don’t have to do this) perhaps only certain people can make certain types of weapons / items. Like, it’s a certain type of skill or a certain level someone would need to have in order to make a certain kind of item. For example, recruit level Takahashi wouldn’t have enough skill to make “The Super Thunder Demon’s Blade of Infinite Agony”, but Science Captain Tanaka could. And of course, what determines this would work the same way as everything else. A lil bit of CBS points to level it up, and then you can create all sorts of weapons. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This way at the very least nothing in this whole process is super mega free. Buut I’m not really going to press for things to be this way.
Aye, which, I think I’m going to push the requirements for clans down to maybe somewhere in the 4 or 5 people range. Or at the very least, allow more than just specialized divisions (like the Kidou Corps for example) act like clans. Since there’s an effort to shake up the organizational structure of divisions and stuff why not take that as an opportunity to treat them more like clans?

About that well we could make it so that they are independent from the constraints of a Division and as such are only answerable to the overall leader. That said, this could mean that they become very much above the Captains in terms of authority as part of their duties should fall under the preservation of peace within Soul Society. That is just one of the few things that they could do......

Also about the requirements to be a RG, well not anyone would be a part of it, it could mean only a very few like Three RG members and it should be a system of Nomination that is to say the indviduals do not know they have been selected till they get selected. Or it could be a voting system......Whichever one suits you.
word count: 1274
For I am Supreme
Potato
Kan: 0.00 
User Title: A Potato

Post by Potato » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:31 pm

XIII wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:13 pm
Akugaranwa Itachi wrote:

I would agree that a combination of skills and votes would be necessary to select members for such a group. Royal Guard is supposed to be the best of the best, also well respected, the same goes for all races. I clearly don't know which tools are available to us or would be feasible to use right now, but I can imagine a system picking out a number of members with the highest skills and prompting other users to cast a vote. The pool would be unaffected by our judgement as much as possible, but the actual selection would still be in our hands.

Yes please. This used to irritate me so much back in the day.
Perhaps we can extend this to divisions as well? If people go around wanting to open cafes in each division again, have them pool their money for construction, then earn it back from customers, who would also need to go on missions and errands to earn money to pay for some entertainment.

Might require an NPC-like system to be able to create Kan influx in the first place though.
word count: 493
XIII
Founder

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by XIII » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:52 pm

Akugaranwa Itachi wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:14 am
About that well we could make it so that they are independent from the constraints of a Division and as such are only answerable to the overall leader. That said, this could mean that they become very much above the Captains in terms of authority as part of their duties should fall under the preservation of peace within Soul Society. That is just one of the few things that they could do......

Also about the requirements to be a RG, well not anyone would be a part of it, it could mean only a very few like Three RG members and it should be a system of Nomination that is to say the indviduals do not know they have been selected till they get selected. Or it could be a voting system......Whichever one suits you.
Potato wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:31 pm
I would agree that a combination of skills and votes would be necessary to select members for such a group. Royal Guard is supposed to be the best of the best, also well respected, the same goes for all races. I clearly don't know which tools are available to us or would be feasible to use right now, but I can imagine a system picking out a number of members with the highest skills and prompting other users to cast a vote. The pool would be unaffected by our judgement as much as possible, but the actual selection would still be in our hands.
Ok so this seems basically solidified. One would have to display a certain level of skill or at least have a fair number of merits/achievements/contributions in support of that notion in order to be considered eligible for the RG promotion. Essentially displaying a exceeding strong grasp of the RP in a practical sense. Once eligible, it will be put to a simple yes/no vote to finalize the process.

From there members of this RG level group would enjoy whatever benefits associated with the title. At most it could only ever be giving them the ability to ignore or at least lessen certain rules and restrictions as far as the RP is concerned. This is mainly whatever is imposed by the cbs. Things like ability limitations are essentially it.

However if we introduce star level stats, restrictions on those could be lessened as well. So rather than being limited to one star level stat maybe they could have 3.

And so it shall be.
Perhaps we can extend this to divisions as well? If people go around wanting to open cafes in each division again, have them pool their money for construction, then earn it back from customers, who would also need to go on missions and errands to earn money to pay for some entertainment.

Might require an NPC-like system to be able to create Kan influx in the first place though.
Agreed, especially if in some regards Divisions are to be considered more like clans anyway.

So basically divisions would be able to create one “attraction” of sorts in order to earn money for the whole of the division. So taking the 13th, it would be the division that makes weapons per commission. 13th would need to either spend $ to get the materials for the weapons and stuff they make, or send people out on quests/missions in order to gain said materials.

Somewhere else like the Kidou Corps would do the same, but it would focus on Kidou related things.

Does this sound about right?
word count: 612

Akugaranwa Itachi

RP Leader

Post by Akugaranwa Itachi » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:12 am

XIII wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:52 pm
Akugaranwa Itachi wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:14 am

Potato wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:31 pm
Ok so this seems basically solidified. One would have to display a certain level of skill or at least have a fair number of merits/achievements/contributions in support of that notion in order to be considered eligible for the RG promotion. Essentially displaying a exceeding strong grasp of the RP in a practical sense. Once eligible, it will be put to a simple yes/no vote to finalize the process.

From there members of this RG level group would enjoy whatever benefits associated with the title. At most it could only ever be giving them the ability to ignore or at least lessen certain rules and restrictions as far as the RP is concerned. This is mainly whatever is imposed by the cbs. Things like ability limitations are essentially it.

However if we introduce star level stats, restrictions on those could be lessened as well. So rather than being limited to one star level stat maybe they could have 3.

And so it shall be.

Agreed, especially if in some regards Divisions are to be considered more like clans anyway.

So basically divisions would be able to create one “attraction” of sorts in order to earn money for the whole of the division. So taking the 13th, it would be the division that makes weapons per commission. 13th would need to either spend $ to get the materials for the weapons and stuff they make, or send people out on quests/missions in order to gain said materials.

Somewhere else like the Kidou Corps would do the same, but it would focus on Kidou related things.

Does this sound about right?

I think we should mainly use the quest as a means of getting materials for the 13th Division....that way it economizes the costs and brings profits for the Division too if what they bring back is a very rare material.
word count: 729
For I am Supreme
PhoenixDayne
Kan: 146.45 

RP Leader

Post by PhoenixDayne » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:37 pm

No...... Quests cannot be mainly for materials' gathering. Infact, it takes more than just materials.
The "Kan" they provide would cover for operational costs as well.

You can't just bring a magi-core, snake-skin and dense wood from fantasies and expect a magical sword when they all are in the raw state.
Bringing just material wouldn't cut down the price, Infact, a special request usually demands more value.
This is me using our reality's and several verses' logic. It is how it has been.

Again, a "branch idea" I'd thought up.
I'm interested in establishing a connection with the Kido corps.
No, I'd either like to join the Kido corps or have them work with me for the sake of enchantments.

Easy, Enchantments aren't zanpakuto abilities.
It differs from your regular technique.
I'd elaborate on what I mean.
I'm out of it, rn.
Will elaborate when I'm a lot better.
Last edited by PhoenixDayne on Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:51 pm, edited 3 times in total. word count: 161

Spirited away, One strides on the axis of death and alongside despair. Knowledge isn't finite, Our limit is Us.
XIII
Founder

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by XIII » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:31 pm

While I wait for Phoenix to sort out his thoughts, I’ve been thumper about the RG.

If it were to be implemented each Race would have their own version of the group.

Shinigami would have the Royal Guard.

Arrancar would have Cero Espada (there can be more than one).

Quincy whenever they get added would have the Schutzstaffel (Imperial Gaurd).

Or whatever else everyone wants to call their stuff.

Anyway I was also thinking how each of the RG members are famous for specific, yet massive contributions to Soul Society.

Ichibei named everything.

Kirio created artificial Souls.

Kirinji was the ultimate healer.

Ouetsu created Zanpakutou

Shuutara did ??????? something I guess, idk. She did make really powerful clothes. She also had 6 arms. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Regardless each of them pretty much have one sort of signature ability or item or whatever as well as a title that represents who the are and what all they’ve done.

Suppose in our case, that could apply here as well.

So say Tatsumaki Ryou was chosen to be a part of the RG, and he was some sort of ultimate sword master. So his thing would be, being able to take any materials and reshape them into swords. Something like that. Not going to think too hard on this right now, just trying to put the concept out there.

Point is, they should have one thing that truly separates them from the rest. Sure we could improve their stats, or entitle them to certain benefits, but at the end of the day they’re still kinda the same as everyone else. The RG from the manga were truly capable of things no one else could do. Like how Ichibei was able to curse his own name, so that anyone speaking it would be silenced. They should be capable of crazy things like that!
word count: 308

Akugaranwa Itachi

RP Leader

Post by Akugaranwa Itachi » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:52 pm

PhoenixDayne wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:37 pm
No...... Quests cannot be mainly for materials' gathering. Infact, it takes more than just materials.
The "Kan" they provide would cover for operational costs as well.

You can't just bring a magi-core, snake-skin and dense wood from fantasies and expect a magical sword when they all are in the raw state.
Bringing just material wouldn't cut down the price, Infact, a special request usually demands more value.
This is me using our reality's and several verses' logic. It is how it has been.

Again, a "branch idea" I'd thought up.
I'm interested in establishing a connection with the Kido corps.
No, I'd either like to join the Kido corps or have them work with me for the sake of enchantments.

Easy, Enchantments aren't zanpakuto abilities.
It differs from your regular technique.
I'd elaborate on what I mean.
I'm out of it, rn.
Will elaborate when I'm a lot better.

No mate you got the wrong idea of what I meant, it is kind of my fault since I wasn’t clear enough. What I meant was that, the 13th Division could also issue out a Quest request saying they need so so and so Materials or stuffs like that.....and then when they get it they pay the people who completed the quest a certain amount of Kan. Feel me?
word count: 241
For I am Supreme
Akugaranwa Itachi

RP Leader

Post by Akugaranwa Itachi » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:18 am

XIII wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:31 pm
While I wait for Phoenix to sort out his thoughts, I’ve been thumper about the RG.

If it were to be implemented each Race would have their own version of the group.

Shinigami would have the Royal Guard.

Arrancar would have Cero Espada (there can be more than one).

Quincy whenever they get added would have the Schutzstaffel (Imperial Gaurd).

Or whatever else everyone wants to call their stuff.

Anyway I was also thinking how each of the RG members are famous for specific, yet massive contributions to Soul Society.

Ichibei named everything.

Kirio created artificial Souls.

Kirinji was the ultimate healer.

Ouetsu created Zanpakutou

Shuutara did ??????? something I guess, idk. She did make really powerful clothes. She also had 6 arms. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Regardless each of them pretty much have one sort of signature ability or item or whatever as well as a title that represents who the are and what all they’ve done.

Suppose in our case, that could apply here as well.

So say Tatsumaki Ryou was chosen to be a part of the RG, and he was some sort of ultimate sword master. So his thing would be, being able to take any materials and reshape them into swords. Something like that. Not going to think too hard on this right now, just trying to put the concept out there.

Point is, they should have one thing that truly separates them from the rest. Sure we could improve their stats, or entitle them to certain benefits, but at the end of the day they’re still kinda the same as everyone else. The RG from the manga were truly capable of things no one else could do. Like how Ichibei was able to curse his own name, so that anyone speaking it would be silenced. They should be capable of crazy things like that!
This is actually a very good idea lol. Give you an idea and it turns to a pretty much wonderful thing....I like that.

It actually makes one to have a unique Concept that is solely used to Distinguish them from the rest..... let our brains start cracking for ideas hahahahaha.

We should have the RG wear Badges on their profile, this is to know who belongs to the RG or Cero Espada or Imperial Guards.
word count: 393
For I am Supreme
konami31
User Title: [8th's Vice Captain] Void Emperor

RP Leader

Post by konami31 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:37 am

Lol, i thought as a mod i can post anywhere. Anyway, i wanted to post in the inferno HQ When i saw Solus talking about devil arts/techniques with phoenix. I think i can help with that. It can be dark spells or secret arts meant for devils alone.
word count: 49
At all eras and underneath the heavens, I'm the strongest
XIII
Founder

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by XIII » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:04 am

konami31 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:37 am
Lol, i thought as a mod i can post anywhere. Anyway, i wanted to post in the inferno HQ When i saw Solus talking about devil arts/techniques with phoenix. I think i can help with that. It can be dark spells or secret arts meant for devils alone.
You need special permissions in order to be able to post in the Inferno. Wanted to keep this part of the discussion to those that are joining this lil army of demons since what happens would matter to them the most. If you’d be willing to join I can let you in
word count: 111

konami31
User Title: [8th's Vice Captain] Void Emperor

RP Leader

Post by konami31 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:21 am

XIII wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:04 am
konami31 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:37 am
You need special permissions in order to be able to post in the Inferno. Wanted to keep this part of the discussion to those that are joining this lil army of demons since what happens would matter to them the most. If you’d be willing to join I can let you in
yeah, i want to join... Give me a link to the application thread.
word count: 133
At all eras and underneath the heavens, I'm the strongest
Fluxarc
Kan: 172.70 

RP Leader

Bleach RP Discussion

Post by Fluxarc » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:20 am

Was going to create a thread for this, but maybe its not such a big deal.

I was going through CBS profiles and noticed a trend with people going big on Enhanced Speed and leaving Hakuda behind, and then roleplaying their body movements as being connected to Enhanced Speed (Shunpo, Sonido etc). By body movements I mean punches, kicks, twirls and whirls and so fort.

I did some reading, and I'm convinced Enhanced Speeds techniques such as Shunpo and Sonido, only have to do with full-body, linear movements- in other words, zipping from point A, to point B. They do NOT, however, affect the speed of melee or acrobatic movements. That would be Hakuda, or hand-to-hand, close-quarter combat skill.

Increasing Shunpo skill only improves the speed of travel from point A to B, and how great a distance can be covered in a single 'step'.

That said, I would encourage people not to go nuts on Enhanced Speed techniques, but try to find a balance between that and Hakuda/hand-to-hand, especially if your character is a close-range fighter.

Secondly, I'm wondering if Tactical Prowess should become one of the CBS profile categories, like Zanpakutou Mastery. Every character has a level of intelligence that determines how they tactically sharp they are on the battlefield. It tells how many moves into the battle a character can see, how well they are able to read and predict their opponents movements, or deduce the hows and whys of techniques. Since not all characters are at the same level of intelligence, it would be weird if every character can easily see through techniques at the same level or skill.

Just an idea I've been mulling over. Would like to hear thoughts. I mean, othe thoughts, not my own. Go away, thoughts...

word count: 306
THE CHRONICLES OF KARA
FLUXARC | KARA MASTERS
XIII
Founder

Administrator

RP Leader

Bleach RP Discussion

Post by XIII » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:41 pm

Fluxarc wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:20 am

Was going to create a thread for this, but maybe its not such a big deal.

I was going through CBS profiles and noticed a trend with people going big on Enhanced Speed and leaving Hakuda behind, and then roleplaying their body movements as being connected to Enhanced Speed (Shunpo, Sonido etc). By body movements I mean punches, kicks, twirls and whirls and so fort.

I did some reading, and I'm convinced Enhanced Speeds techniques such as Shunpo and Sonido, only have to do with full-body, linear movements- in other words, zipping from point A, to point B. They do NOT, however, affect the speed of melee or acrobatic movements. That would be Hakuda, or hand-to-hand, close-quarter combat skill.

Increasing Shunpo skill only improves the speed of travel from point A to B, and how great a distance can be covered in a single 'step'.

That said, I would encourage people not to go nuts on Enhanced Speed techniques, but try to find a balance between that and Hakuda/hand-to-hand, especially if your character is a close-range fighter.

Secondly, I'm wondering if Tactical Prowess should become one of the CBS profile categories, like Zanpakutou Mastery. Every character has a level of intelligence that determines how they tactically sharp they are on the battlefield. It tells how many moves into the battle a character can see, how well they are able to read and predict their opponents movements, or deduce the hows and whys of techniques. Since not all characters are at the same level of intelligence, it would be weird if every character can easily see through techniques at the same level or skill.

Just an idea I've been mulling over. Would like to hear thoughts. I mean, othe thoughts, not my own. Go away, thoughts...

! Administrator Message from: XIII
Given the nature of the matter could you submit a formal report to both myself and Phantom-T including names link and post links please? I would like to look into things more closely.
Last edited by XIII on Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 352

XIII
Founder

Administrator

RP Leader

Bleach RP Discussion

Post by XIII » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:00 pm

Fluxarc wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:20 am
I want to zoom in on this separately from the rest of your posts because I have some strong sentiments here. This was one of the aspects of the HRM/CCM that I hated actually. As decent of an idea it is, there’s a massively glaring issue. No matter how Tactically or Strategically adept a character is, the person behind that character can be woefully inadequate. I’ve seen it too many times. I’ve also seen the ugly side of that where you get someone, but they inexplicably negate what you did because “I knew you would do that”, or “they saw it coming” despite their character having never taking preemptive measures in advance.

Untimely I feel any tactical prowess is something best left to only talents rather than a stat. However, I am beyond amenable expanding on the levels of depth the CBS offers. It’s just, though I hate to admit, beyond traits, X-level stats, and 3rd-tier releases I don’t really have anymore ideas on how to accomplish that, despite your perfectly valid suggestion.
Last edited by XIII on Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 287

PhoenixDayne
Kan: 146.45 

RP Leader

Bleach RP Discussion

Post by PhoenixDayne » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:17 am

Tbh. I 100% agree with Fluxarc. The only reason my speed is that high is because no other stats were provided for reaction. I mean, some people would just blitz the hell out of someone before the fight properly settles in, no one wants that. This became the reason I doubted the Hakuda explanation. Asking if someone doesn't have the proper speed to back up that description, it'd just be wrong. Also, reiatsu control! I honestly don't understand how it works. Is it just for concealment, detection and Kido? Or does it play a vital role in our zanpakuto abilities and other reiatsu usages like cloaking? I simply feel all these should be ironed out at this point.
word count: 121

XIII
Founder

Administrator

RP Leader

Bleach RP Discussion

Post by XIII » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:03 am

PhoenixDayne wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:17 am
Tbh. I 100% agree with Fluxarc. The only reason my speed is that high is because no other stats were provided for reaction. I mean, some people would just blitz the hell out of someone before the fight properly settles in, no one wants that. This became the reason I doubted the Hakuda explanation. Asking if someone doesn't have the proper speed to back up that description, it'd just be wrong. Also, reiatsu control! I honestly don't understand how it works. Is it just for concealment, detection and Kido? Or does it play a vital role in our zanpakuto abilities and other reiatsu usages like cloaking? I simply feel all these should be ironed out at this point.

Then perhaps it’s the time to introduce something’s I’ve had in mind since I drafted the CBS.

There’s a reason why I everything is in two categories, with Zanpakutou Mastery (and equivalents) being a separate thing, at least in the original version of the CBS.

Anyway there are “Stats” which directly equates to the character’s physical and spiritual power.

Then there are disciplines, which equates to the level of skill the character has in the various formed of combat.

As of right now, it’s only implicit, because let’s be real... it obvious that if you want your attacks to hurt you’ll need strength. Or if you don’t want to die immediately, you’d invest in defense. But, I had intended for there to be very hard links between stats and disciplines. Essentially the stats would determine the overall strength or power of the disciplines in a sorta of DnD style setup (strength , dexterity, intelligence, wisdom, constitution).

So in therms if the CBS here’s how stat connections would look.

Strength === Zanjutsu
Durability === Hakuda
Endurance === Hohou
Reiatsu === Reiatsu Control

So strength would determine how strong Zanjutsu and other related weapons would be, as it deal purely in striking power in order to deal damage.

Durability would decide Hakuda’s strength because you’d need a strong body in order to use it as a weapon. Using yourself to hit something doesn’t exactly mean you’re not taking damage in some capacity either. So this was the justification.

Endurance or Stamina governs Hohou because you’d need to be able to sustain all that movement. Endurance is necessary otherwise you’d tire yourself out after a few steps. However, this isn’t particularly an offensive stat.

Reiatsu is and always was basically mana. It’s the amount of magic you can cast, or the amount of fuel you have to make use of the techniques that require it. Reiatsu control is the equivalent of something like intelligence, wisdom, or faith in RPG, which says how power the spells you can cast are or how good with spells you are. Reiatsu control is effectively this, plus a few other things like being able to suppress its influence in order to limit detection.

Zanpakutou mastery is its own thing. I don’t factor in Reiatsu control because the Zanpakutou’s job is basically giving the user powers they don’t have otherwise. The only real exceptions to this are terms of “reiatsu” or the amount of spiritual energy you have, and circumventing the system entirely. Which, in that case means, giving yourself unchecked power boosts, etc.

Now here’s where I have issues with some of the statements you bring to the table. The CBS is very straight forward in terms of what everything does. There are some things that could be cleaned up, but that’s about it... aside from maybe taking other route to dictate the capacity each stat has. The issue here isn’t what the stats do, but rather people A.) taking illegal liberties in battle and making up stuff to suit their needs, B.) trying to circumvent the limitations set in place by the system (aka what their character should be capable of as per what the CBS dictates), and C.) being obsessed with winning and resorting to whatever means necessary to accomplish that, even if that means ignoring or taking aspects of the CBS way out of context.

In any case this is nothing new. It’s happened with, and without stat systems since forever. So the real issues is making sure that people STICK to what they stats say and punish any violations until they get it and stop, or just let it be.

There’s really no nice solution to this. If there was I or any of the others that have been aware of this issue would’ve stopped it ages ago. Though, back in the seventh’s prime everyone under me knew how to follow the stat systems, and they were a lot looser back then than now. RYC was especially interesting.

But to wrap up here, the bare and blunt truth of it all is painfully simple. The system says what you’re capable of, you follow it, that’s it. If it say you can do X you can do X. If you can do Y you can do Y. If the CBS says you’re fast, you’re fast. But, the description for speed does not say you’re able to punch your opponent to death at light speed with the skill of a grandmaster that lived and trained for 8 million years.

If anyone attempts to attack you with inadequate stats, respond accordingly. The attack would and should be ineffective, make of that what you will and go from there.

And my last statement, people’s obsession with speed as the end all be all stat is absolutely hilarious. The biggest reason is with sufficient defense the blitz strat is useless. Beside and OHKO is kinda against the rules unless it’s someone S. lvl 99 vs S.lvl 1. But if you’re evenly matched the stats aren’t too slanted then speed is such a non-issue.

Worse, speed is one of the least reliable stats of all of them. Terrain is by and large the biggest factor. Certain terrains favor movement, while others do not. A dense forest can be hard to move in. An icy field can be hard to move in. Tight corridors, places with uneven flooring or ground, sand, water, rocky areas, etc. I can’t count how many times I’ve repeated this line but, if your opponent is faster than you, your priority is to slow them down, and doing so is easy. The biggest one is to create obstacles. If in doors, damaging the floor on option. An unsafe pathway is a threat to anyone that has to move quickly. Either due to tripping hazards or potentially stepping on something that can damage the feet. Alternatively aiming for the ceiling to scatter rubble and debris on the floor can yield similar results.

Of course there are counters to these tactics, but there’s literally a billion options. Nothing is infallible, especially not speed. If I’m to be honest it’s actually a bit of a crutch. But that’s just me.

Protip: The best stat is by far Durability. Survivability is single most valuable thing in a fight. Also, being able to face tank your opponent’s trump card is all it takes to trump the tides of a battle. Let alone, be able to let your opponent freely approach you, only for you to spring a devastating counter after being able to shrug off whatever they throw at you while laughing.

If you haven’t noticed, there’s a reason why Durability has been consistently a reason why I’ve been against certain things (healing). Seriously, just look back thiugh this very thread and you’ll see me going on about how Durability is a problem. This is why I allowed for the use of healing and regenerative abilities, so long as they come at the cost of reducing durability.
Last edited by XIII on Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 1341

Tope
Kan: 177.20 

Hall of Fame

RP Leader

Bleach RP Discussion

Post by Tope » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:26 pm

Well I remember asking XIII if inate speed was tied to hakuda and zanjutsu, but he said no. Have been telling some members of this forum for a long time now that shunpo is not inate speed, but most didn't agree, don't blame though since the stats support them. Inate speed has to do with how fast your body can react in a close quarters situations without the need of moving your entire body from one position/location to another, now I'm pretty sure we all know this, so why should high speed movement now be tied to inate speed.

Isn't it ridiculous to see a role play like some saying they punch you so fast you can't dodge because they have S level shunpo and you have A level shunpo, like you can now apply shunpo to your hands now!!?? Doesn't that sound ridiculous???

Even in canon, we saw a scene whereby Renji who is ridiculously slower than Byakuya in terms of shunpo, reacting to and stopping Byakuya using shunpo to appear behind him. His body automatically reacted to such movements because he had seen it multiple times, that reaction there has nothing to do with shunpo whatsoever.

Which is why the stats I recently worked on, is tied to inate speed/reflex. The Hakuda description I submitted tells you how fast your body can react to things, there's no way you will tell me someone who trained and mastered Kung Fu can't perform fast kicks and punches because he has low level shunpo. The same for the Weapons mastery I created, it has reflex tied to it allowing one to perform fast paced strikes.

Now my intention is to tie close range combat stats to speed, for example if you have A level Hakuda, then your inate / reflex speed can react to attacks or perform attacks comparable to A level shunpo. That's a easier or faster way to gauge close combat speed.

That way, if you have A hakuda and low shunpo, facing A shunpo with low hakuda.....You will both be tied, A shunpo can't blitz you cause you can react, and you can't chase A Shunpo cause you have low high speed movement. So both combatat will have to be creative and rely on other techniques they have to land a hit. That way it won't be the boring usual I have A shunpo and you have lower thus I blitz you.
word count: 418

Return to “Bleach RP HQ”