[11th Division] Akira Shinoda

Shinoda
User Title: [11th Division] Acting Captain

RP Leader

[11th Division] Akira Shinoda

Post by Shinoda » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:59 am

「 Akira Shinoda」

"Even I don't know the limits of her potential. One day she may strike down the Sun."
- Raizo Shinoda, Tenth Division Captain

Name: Akira Shinoda (篠田 明, Shinoda Akira)
Titles: Eleventh Division Captain, Head of the Shinoda Clan
Actual Age: 2
Looks: 22

Appearance: Slender and youthful, Akira is an golden-eyed, black-haired young women. Although she has access to a variety of fine garments as a noblewoman of Seireitei, she dresses simply as a Shinigami. She wears a standard Shihakusho with shortened sleeves. Beneath it she wears a tight black undershirt with long sleeves. She wears a normal sash like other Shinigami, but she often carries her Zanpakuto while it is sheathed, rather than wearing it on her waist.

Height: 165cm
Weight: 110kg

Reiatsu

Color: Blood red
Shape: Appears as an amorphous, flowing aurora around her body, primarily from her back and wrists.

Personality: Confident and strong-willed, outgoing and curious. These are words that define Akira.

Highly assured of her own ability, Akira is not easily dissuaded from a challenge and is excited by the prospect of one. Attempts to intimidate or cow her usually fail. At the same time, her self-assurance make her careless and carefree. She rarely feels the need to grow stronger or take personal precautions.

She is somewhat emotionally insecure about her own nature, despite her rational knowledge of nature. As a unique being, she is already separated from most people. Since she has no real family, home, or past, nothing that is truly hers. In spite of this fact, she is still a generous and kind spirit with a positive approach to life.

Given her feeling of owning nothing, Akira has a strong penchant for collecting beautiful or rare objects, ranging from jewelry to clothing to weapons. She prefers things that she can use, wear, or experience. For example, given the choice between an unusual but worthless stone and a famous and priceless painting, Akira would choose the stone.

She enjoys the prospect of winning anything, be it a game or a battle, and is highly competitive. In combat, she tends to use brute force methods and can be goaded into error.

Biography: Shinoda Akira was born through bio-engineering by Raizo Shinoda, the former head of the Shinoda House. Her body was crafted to be more powerful, quick, intelligent, and resilient using genetic samples from a wide range of organisms. The former Captain of the Tenth Division used his Byakuhou technique to reincarnate into her, beginning a cycle with an unknown future.

She was born fully formed at the developmental stage of a young adult. She had no real memories. Immediately after birth, Raizo reincarnated into her body. This occurred in the Human World - soon thereafter, Raizo's comrade Kumori Shuren arrived. Having been instructed to be there at Raizo's behest, he took Akira into his care.

Upon entry to Soul Society, Akira took her birthright as Head of the Shinoda Clan. She then joined the Second Division at the behest of her father, Raizo. She struggled greatly - despite joining and being given a Seated Officer position quickly, she was unused to opponents she could not simply overpower and experienced a number of defeats.

Combat Style:Akira's preferred style is towards hits that engage her superior strength and stamina. She is an aggressive fighter, highly confident in her own abilities and powers. She blends expert Hakuda and Kido with an average degree of Zanjutsu. She is ambidextrous, but favors her right hand. While some fighters prefer to have a diverse array of skills, Akira will focus on the ones she enjoys the most at the margin. This creates major openings for a skilled analyst of her combat style.

Special Traits:

Byakuhou (白鵬, White Phoenix): A technique created by Raizo Shinoda, a master Tennin of historical prowess. It allows the user to preserve their memory and cognitive patterns in the quantum energy frequencies of reiatsu. In effect, this causes the soul to lose its physical form and ascend into an ethereal form outside of the traditional cycle of souls between the world of the living and the dead. This form is not stable, and the user must either reform their body from memory (possible if the user is a master Tennin), or to reincarnate into a newly born body. Akira was born through this process. At the present, she has two other minds within hers (Raizo Shinoda and Tetsuya Sajin). She can only commune with Raizo, but she can access the sum knowledge of both.

Enhanced Physiology: Akira has been specially genetically engineered to be much more cognitive than other beings. Her ancestor, Raizo, took samples from various organisms and synthesized them into a single being with augmented senses.

Akira can see in more wavelengths than normal beings because of additional photoreceptors in her eyes. Her auditory and enhanced olfactory systems are enhanced, allowing her to hear and smell at greater range and with increased precision. Her tongue is equally as sensitive. Like some animals, she can literally "taste" the air and discern the presence of threats or objects of interest. Her sense of touch is augmented to the point that her tactical perception can notice minute textures and changes in atmospheric pressure, allowing her to sometimes feel the air moving in advance of an opponent drawing near. While her brain is not cognitively faster or more intelligent, her neuroreception speed is increased enough to allow her to absorb and process the heightened amount of raw environmental information that her body can detect. This does make her suspect to sensory overload at very high levels of stimuli.

Last edited by Shinoda on Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:46 am, edited 3 times in total. word count: 937
Tetsuya Sajin | Raizo Shinoda | Akira Shinoda
Fmr. Tenth Division Captain| Privaron 306
Shinoda

RP Leader

Re: [11th Division] Akira Shinoda

Post by Shinoda » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:23 am

「 Hisho」

Name: Hisho (日衝, Sun-striker)

Appearance: Hisho's sealed form is that of an elegant nagamaki.The hilt is black with gold wrapping and sakura designs along the pommel and below the circular tsuba. The tsuba is black with a golden design of butterflies. The habaki is engraved with an abstract design.

Power: Plasma generation and plasmokinesis

Inner World: A world in a constant state of eternal dawn. A group of vine-like trees have formed to grow to the heights of the sky. Fog covers the ground below, which is composed of a variety of temperate but mountainous terrain.

Spirit Profile: An enormous golden lung, or Asian dragon.

Spirit Personality: Hisho has a female personality and a decidedly mother-like demeanor towards her mistress. Calm and gentle, she is nonetheless extremely protective and aggressive towards those who even slightly threaten Akira. Like Akira, she is eager for battle; but, she has always been more analytical and disciplined.

Shikai

Shikai Command: Tachikire, Hisho!(Sever, Sun-striker! 断ち切る, 日衝!)

Shikai Appearance: In Shikai, Hisho loses its scabbard and transforms into a pair of hooded katars, a distinctive weapon of Indian design. The katar hoods are made of exquisitely engraved gold. The blades are one-and-a-half shaku long, with the length of each katar being two shaku from end to end. Each blade is exceptionally thick, up to 7mm at at the spine, giving them enhanced weight for penetration and chopping while extensive engraving of fullers into keep them light enough for slashing.

Parent Ability: Upon release, Hisho begins to convert reiryoku directly into heat at the will of the user, releasing massive amounts of thermal energy from the blades. This in turn generates blood red plasma around the generation point, fiery and jagged in appearance along the edges. The plasma generation itself costs little energy, as it is only converts reiryoku into heat, an efficient process. Hisho also grants the ability to telekinetically manipulate the plasma in various applications as long as the wielder is holding it. The plasmokinesis is what places energy drains of consequence on the user. If the wielder loses contact with Hisho, the plasma generation and plasmokinetic control will cease until contact resumes. Akira is not harmed by the effects of Hisho, generally speaking, with a few noted exceptions.

Shirai (突衝, Piercing Lightning)
Description: The blade fires destructive red plasma bolts charged with golden lightning.
Mechanics: The movement of the plasma bolt generates electricity as a by-product from the excited electrons. The size, density, speed, and rate of fire of the bolts are directly proportionate to how much reiatsu is invested. Akira can fire individual bolts or a continuous beam, which drains energy akin to a rapid sequence of bolts. She can also control the trajectory of the bolts after firing after mastery. It requires a variable reiatsu cost but starts a with a standard bolt equivalent to a Level 30 Kido. Bolts can be weakened or strengthened, all dependent on the user's skill and reiryoku stores.

Juugeki Shirai (重撃突衝, Heavy-Strike Piercing Lightning): A variant of Shirai. With moderate skill, the wielder can "charge" the blade of Hisho, sheathing it in plasma that drastically increases its cutting and penetrating power. The density of the energy continues to generate electricity.

Yawarakou (柔光, Tender Light)
Description: The user generates a protective plasma barrier in the form of a pentagonal tile about a half-meter wide from the blades, which can block energy or physical attacks.
Mechanics: As long as a blade touches the barrier, any energy depleted from the barrier can be recharged and the barrier itself moved. The original pentagonal tile can be left in place where it was first cast, but the energy used to cast it will remain finite if the is not contacting it to recharge. If the user wishes to expand the barrier, it will do so in the form of additional pentagonal tiles, which can create planar or three-dimensional constructs. As pentagons do not tessellate with one another, other shapes, such as hexagons, squares, or triangles, will fill the space accordingly. The strength of the barrier tile(s) is dependent on the user's will and as a result, the cost is variable. A standard barrier tile will be equivalent to a Level 30 Kido.

Benikoka (紅光花, Crimson Light Flower):
Description: By pointing the blade of Akegata no Toshi at a target, ranging from physical targets to even thin air, Akira can create a trap. Plasma creates a net in the form of tessellated pentagons. After a few moments, the tessellations form an exoskeleton of plasma nanofibers invisible to the naked eye. Upon activation by Akira, the net becomes visible and surrounds the target, restraining it for a period of time which she defines.
Mechanics: When a trap is initially set and invisible, it is in Standby mode. While on Standby, it costs very little energy to maintain. It can be detected by its slightly increased heat signature, though this would require refined senses or something like infrared vision. Upon activation, the plasma and reiatsu level rises dramatically, to match the level of reiatsu, resistance, and size of the target. The maximum level beyond which the technique will break is that of a Level 30 Bakudo. A target must be in contact with or within 5cm of the Benikoka trap to be activated. The first is if Akira realizes the intended target can be trapped - then she consciously activates it. If someone manages to detect and destroy the trap, Akira will be aware of the disappearance of her reiatsu.

Chikoka (血光花, Blood Light Flower): A variant of Benikoka which is identical in every way. However, if at any point in the battle, the blades of Akegata no Toshi have contacted the target's reiatsu signature via its blood, she can leave a specific Chikoka trap programmed to respond automatically to a target's reiatsu signature, even if Akira is not aware the target is there. She will become aware of a Chikoka trap activating.

Bankai
Not Yet Achieved
True Name: Akegata no Toshi (明け方の闘士, Champion of the Dawn)

Bankai Appearance: Akegata no Toshi is released by pressing the undersides of the katars together, as if they were hands brought together by a person at prayer. A blood aurora erupts from the blades into the sky. The size of the aurora is proportional to Akira's remaining reiryoku. While Akira is under the aurora, her plasma generation and plasmokinesis can both be cast from her body and occur even if she is separated from her weapon. The aurora's maximum area of effect diameter with the use of a standard Captain-level reiatsu, is ten kilometers. The minimum diameter under the use of any level of Bankai-capable reiatsu is two kilometers. All of her previous Shikai techniques continue to be available.

Nisshoku (日食, Eclipse):
Description: A massive torrent of plasma bolts similar to those produced by Shirai pours from the aurora overhead.
Mechanics: Nisshoku can target a single or multiple targets. The strength of the torrent cast at a standard level is equivalent a Level 80 Kido. If the user wishes, the torrent can be strengthened for a proportionate reiatsu cost. This is a moderate-to-high reiatsu cost technique.

Akahipo (赤日歩, Red Sun Step):
Description: Akira's feet are covered in prism-shaped red plasma boots. By plasmokinetically moving the boots, Akira can levitate and move at speeds comparable to that of her own capabilities in Shunpo.
Mechanics: It be used in conjunction with Hoho, effectively doubling the user's high-speed movement speed. It does not raise the user's perception. Accelerating the body beyond the user's level of perception can cause tunnel vision and other related consequences without compensatory measures. The reiatsu cost is slightly above the cost of what the same movement would cost using Shunpo.

Sotenpi (双天日, Twin Suns):
Description: Through manipulation of plasma, Akira can create a clone of herself.
Mechanics: The clone is composed of plasma, but through skillful manipulation of the energy, she can give it the mass and visual appearance of herself. It can fight like she does, bleed, and even speak. However, Akira controls it, so it can only react to things and change appearance if Akira wills it to. Therefore, if the clone is around, Akira is not far behind. The clone does not smell or taste like her. Nor is it capable of using Shunpo or Kido. Akira can only use this technique two times per Bankai release, given the complexity of creating a clone. It is a high reiatsu cost technique.

Amaterasu no Ya (天照の矢 Amaterasu's Arrow)
Description: A red plasma bow forms, with the blades of Akegata no Toshi forming the axis of its arrow. Akira's reiatsu pours into the technique at a shocking rate, producing an incredibly dense amount of plasma between the blades. Upon firing, the arrow will automatically seek out its target so long as it is under the the blood aurora with speed comparable to a Heilif Pfeil fired by a comparable user.
Mechanics: This is the strongest offensive technique of Akegata no Toshi, with its reiatsu cost equivalent to whatever Akira can give to the technique at the time without dying. It takes only four seconds to form, charge, and fire. After four seconds, serious damage is imminent to the user's hands because of the sheer density and heat generated in so short a time by this technique. This requires full mastery of the Bankai and a Captain-level reiatsu to fire. At a minimum level, it is equivalent to a Level 90 Kido and requires that amount of reiryoku to fire.
Last edited by Shinoda on Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:09 am, edited 3 times in total. word count: 1606
Shinoda

RP Leader

Re: [11th Division] Akira Shinoda

Post by Shinoda » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:28 am

Character Stats Profile
[Battle Summary]
Division
Eleventh Division
RankSoul Level
Captain42
Zanpakutou
Hisho

Powers & Abilities

Reiatsu [B]

I have now reached the start of the upper echelon in terms of spiritual power. Like my peers, performing high-level techniques in moderation before energy runs dry is the new standard. At this point low level techniques feels almost inconsequential, while mid-level techniques can be used almost excess before tiring.

Strength [C+]

With every step I grow that much stronger. I could seriously hurt those weaker than me without even trying, while those of similar constitution would take care not to eat too many of my attacks. Those above me would have to think twice about taking something like a raw punch. Throwing something as heavy as a car could be effective in combat, while my attacks could punch through even thin layers of steel.

Durability [C+]

I've become a being of considerable resilience. A hardened soldier of the capable of surviving significant blows from all kinds of beings. Though still below sitting just below the elite,I remain a hearty individual to be sure.

Endurance [C]

I exist at in the middle of the road in terms of conditioning. Trying to last for extended periods of time would prove difficult as exhaustion would surely set in before long. A decent level of high intensity action wold feel draining unless I could take a moment to catch my breath.

Reiatsu Control [B]

I can completely hide up to B reiatsu; mostly control B+; partially control A; cannot control A+ or higher, unless I use a special device.
  • Reaitsu channeling can produce relatively weak blasts with very short range.
  • Can cast:
    • Shinigami:
      • Kidou: 1 - 59 with incantation
      • Incantation Abandonment: can cast Kidou 27 to 40 at reduced power
      • Mastery: can cast up to Kidou 26 at full power without incantation
      • Two-Fold Incantation: can cast two kidou at the same time, at full power, by mixing the incantations.
    • Arrancar
      • A Novice Cero (Adjucha-power)
      • A Normal Cero
      • Twin Cero (one Cero per hand), both at Novice Cero power
      • A fully-loaded Cero
      • Cero strength can be controlled to a medium extent Cero techniques cannot reach full potential and are unstable without concentration.

Zanjutsu [E]

At this level I exhibit a total lack of knowledge and or skill. I have no idea I am doing. Any attack I do would be based on instinct and guesses. At best swings are imprecise and leave many openings for counter-attacks, parries, and the like. Even a solid impact might knock the blade from the my hand. It's almost a wonder that if I would be capable of buttering toast. Of course, someone a bit more knowledgeable would use a butter knife.

Hakuda [B]

I have now entered expert territory and have gained recognition as of of the most skilled individuals in this field. While not a master, an I am more than capable of handling myself in a physical altercation. My deeper knowledge of the theory behind the art and their capabilities allows for imaginative variations of basic techniques on the fly. My knowledge of anatomy allows meto selectively disable parts of my opponent's body. If I leave an opening, it is most likely a gambit to draw the opponent in. I have several advanced techniques.

Hohou [C+]

As my skills develop, I find myself even faster than I was before. As bonus I can maintain my fast movements long enough to cover significant grounds before losing speed.

Zanpakutou Mastery [C+]

(Shikai/Resureccion): 4th ability unlocked, 3rd ability mastered.

Last edited by Shinoda on Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 590

Return to “「11th Division」 Character Profiles”