Division
Eighth Division
RankSoul Level
11th Seat15
Zanpakutou
Gazelius

Powers & Abilities

Reiatsu [C]

As of now, I am at average level of power among experienced spiritually aware beings, and can stand against similarly powered individual with no question at all. As such, performing a notable number of low to mid-level reiatsu skills is a simple task before exhaustion takes over.

Strength [D+]

At this point I have forsaken my humanity entirely and have moved beyond. While still lacking impressive feats spiritual beings above this level have accomplished, I'm definitely flirting with the idea of super human. I even gained enough strength to seriously hurt those weaker than me without even trying, while those of similar constitution would take care not to eat too many of my attacks and even those above me would have to think twice about taking something like a raw punch. Throwing something like the weight of a motorcycle could be effective in combat, while my attacks can take down thin walls.

Durability [D]

I've reached average durability of the souls inhabiting the Rukon districts. Still quite as capable of taking damage as an Academy graduate, but capable of taking a few blows of moderate strength before falling.

Endurance [E]

At best, I'd be able to manage in short skirmishes before passing out. Anything too intense for too long is bound to ruin me. I'll have to be really careful as a being of such poor condition.

Reiatsu Control [D]

I can fully control up to D reiatsu; completely hide up to E+; partially control D+; cannot control C or higher, unless I use a special device.
  • Reiatsu channeling is somewhat accurate, but lossy and weak.
  • Reiatsu A+ and up: Reiatsu channeling is inaccurate and very lossy.
  • Can cast:
    • Shinigami:
      • Kidou: 1 - 19 with incantation
      • Incantation Abandonment: can cast Kidou 1 -9 at reduced power
    • Arrancar
      • Novice Cero (Adjucha-power)

Zanjutsu [E]

At this level I exhibit a total lack of knowledge and or skill. I have no idea I am doing. Any attack I do would be based on instinct and guesses. At best swings are imprecise and leave many openings for counter-attacks, parries, and the like. Even a solid impact might knock the blade from the my hand. It's almost a wonder that if I would be capable of buttering toast. Of course, someone a bit more knowledgeable would use a butter knife.

Hakuda [E]

At this level, I show a total lack of knowledge. I have no idea what I am doing. Any attack would be based on instinct and guesses. If a punch or kick landed, I would not be prepared for the impact and might sprain or break something. A miss would leave me off-balance or on my face. When only using this art, a return attack will almost always cause damage, because I wouldn't know how to defend myself. Hand-to-hand could still be used in desperation, but the damage to myself is likely to be as great as, or greater than, the damage to the opponent. Assuming the I can even land a hit.

Hohou [C]

Entering the realm of average user, I can maintain fast movements for a lengthy period of time. I am now also able to apply my knowledge of Hohou while engaging in combat to effectively control my positioning around the battlefield and my opponent.

Zanpakutou Mastery [E]

A silent blade yields no power.

Kin Ryu :
[Battle Summary]
Division
Eighth Division
RankSoul Level
3rd Seat15
Zanpakutou
Unmei no Bizu

Powers & Abilities

Reiatsu [E]

This level my power is wholly unremarkable, and reflects a clear lack of any sort spiritual development. While not completely devoid of any reiatsu whatsoever, it barely stands out over that of the average human. Any abilities requiring any reiatsu will likely be difficult perform since there is very little available.

Strength [C]

I have no reached a level of power appropriate for spiritual beings. As such, the idea of being super human is no longer a question, it is a reality. I could seriously hurt those weaker than me without even trying, while those of similar constitution would take care not to eat too many of my attacks. Those above me would have to think twice about taking something like a raw punch. Throwing something as heavy as a cow could be effective in combat, while my attacks could punch through even thick concrete.

Durability [E+]

Even at this level I'm still hardly capable of sustaining damage for even a short amount of time. However, I can take a a few blows and keep fighting on.

Endurance [D]

Being well below average, I definitely need more cardio in my work out.I simply won't survive prolonged periods of time in high intensity situations but in short spurts I can definitely manage. Anything more and I'd need a moment to catch my breath, or I'm likely to faint.

Reiatsu Control [E]

Cannot control reiatsu at all, unless a device does it.
  • Cannot channel reiatsu.
  • Reiatsu A+ and up: Full reiatsu is channeled uncontrollably to whatever the character touches.
  • Cannot cast kidou or cero.

Zanjutsu [E]

At this level I exhibit a total lack of knowledge and or skill. I have no idea I am doing. Any attack I do would be based on instinct and guesses. At best swings are imprecise and leave many openings for counter-attacks, parries, and the like. Even a solid impact might knock the blade from the my hand. It's almost a wonder that if I would be capable of buttering toast. Of course, someone a bit more knowledgeable would use a butter knife.

Hakuda [C]

As an average user of this art, I have proven that I am well versed in not only the basics, but numerous variations. I can see and exploit openings, consciously cover most of my own, draw the opponent in, and usually resist falling for gambits. Application of what I have learned is confident and spontaneous. Use of hand-to-hand techniques becomes viable in almost any situation.

Hohou [C]

Entering the realm of average user, I can maintain fast movements for a lengthy period of time. I am now also able to apply my knowledge of Hohou while engaging in combat to effectively control my positioning around the battlefield and my opponent.

Zanpakutou Mastery [E]

A silent blade yields no power.

Last edited by PhoenixDayne on Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 1081
Eduardo

Re: Soul Coliseum :Mayatsumi Griffin VS Kin Ryuu

Post by Eduardo » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:49 pm

Encouraged by the privilege to engage in battle with his sensei, Griffin grew restless as the sudden lust for war overflowed from his mind and desolved into his blood vessels not to mention the roaring crowd that seemed to aggravate his current thirst for power, their vibrant cheers banged into the ears of Mayatsumi and left the same way. The shinigami's thoughts became one with battle and battle became one with the shinigami .... His steps configured his emotions as every single one of them left the ground softly and gently at equal intervals of time. The closer he was to his "muster point", the louder the cries of the crowd that awaited his arrival. Finally he had emancipated himself from what he thought would be an unending trail of walking,he came extra lazy today.
As his final steps hit the rough surface of the arena, the cheers of the crowd grew dim until it deafened into an awkward silence..... They were expecting a warrior not a child," someone like him doesn't deserve to fight here but in the playground with his little friends" "a shinigami like this couldn't even be worth a milli second of our time!" "What is this? This indolent brat!". Complaints spewed from all directions but Griffin wavered not, it was as if time stood dormant watching carefully at the shinigami, waiting for the right time to embarrass him. Mayatsumi now looked heart broken , even his eyes possessed a painless , cold attribute, but the lust in his soul hadn't left him, larger and more larger it grew inside of him almost about to break out all that Griffin had to do was let it takeover him.
word count: 284

Challenges come and go, but what counts most is that we stand head strong against it regardless of the consequences
Phantom-T
User Title: [8th Captain] Shadow Walker

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by Phantom-T » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:32 am

Once again it beckoned, the quest for blood the thrill of fame. The feeling it brought was one too consuming and a poison to those who sipped from its holy grail. The arena itself stood several meters in mass with a shape coiled up to attract the eyes of the gods. Its voice raged on as the boy wonder stepped into its pits, only for the world to keep silent whispering and murmuring among themselves. Fortunate enough to hear their whispers as he walked in unnoticed behind its fans. The bald monk let loose a candid smirk with his eyes laid bare on the wonder kid. "He came" he whispered feeling more excited than he could ever show.

Stepping foot along the descending stair case as he made his way to the front, the crowd quickly took note, the monk whose name was quickly becoming a house hold name. “who’s that?” "Is that him?" “Over there?” “the bald monk?” “Must be”, “definitely is” “Kin Ryu!!!”. Slowly and surely their attentions tilted towards the man as many more rose to their feet to applaud with others swearing fealty to him. Kin however, pushed all comments aside and only paid attention to the man on the field, a brother from the 8th he'd already acknowledged as he knew well enough the power they had.

Felling the intensity of the crowd increased around him, he quickly vanished from sight appearing before the Shinigami in a 30meters gap, "I’m glad you made it" he uttered feeling particularly proud of the man. "However" he immediately added, kicking up his cloak with his right foot to allow his left hand coil its edges over to his back. His demeanor quickly changed to a cold one as his hazel eyes would reflect upon his foe. “Come at me with all you have” he’d then end adjusting his foot as if ready to take flight.
word count: 321

Hazuki Ryuga + Kin Ryuu || Like a shadow, I am and I am not
Eduardo

Post by Eduardo » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:06 am

Once more the crowd broke up into an ear bursting cheer, it was as if they were expecting someone..... someone strong, but surprisingly Mayatsumi could not for some reason ascertain the reiatsu of his aforementioned opponent. Mayatsumi paid no attention to the mumblings of the crowd, he focused only on the obstacle above him (not before him), in fact he scoffed at the ignorance of the fools for they understood little about he importance of combat.. all they enjoyed was the combatants and their fights. Loud and clear were the footsteps of this confident middle aged shinigami, loud and clear but still he possessed little or no spiritual prowess? It dawned on Mayatsumi that there was no shinigami without reiatsu or at least that little amount of reiatsu and yet, yet there he was.... "What is sensei trying to impose, could it be.... that he doesn't acknowledge my strength yet?!". The shinigami would finally halt albeit 30 metres before Mayatsumi showing a little side of his hospitality then, Kin fixated a cold gaze at him (Mayatsumi) taking a defensive stance. Mayatsumi then realised how serious his opponent was after perceiving with his ears" Come at me!" Those words reminded him that he was now in the battle field.

Gradually Mayatsumi approached Kin after rethinking the idea of attacking first hand, closing the gap between them, he would motion his lips saying , "Senpai, still.... you still don't acknowledge me?!", extending his index finger Mayatsumi would revert to casting a binding spell"Bakudo 4!" The Kido spell casted would bind the shinigami's legs together resulting to a moment of restraint and of course imbalance as the shinigami would fall face flat on the bare ground as a result of restraining his legs together. Almost instantaneously after his legs would be binded, Mayatsumi performed another Kido spell, aiming it at the mid section of his opponent, from his fingers, a red light emanated charging forward towards it's next victim."Hadou 4: Jugeki Byakurai". Should the bolt hit it's target it could inflict serious injuries, and if it didn't.... He (Mayatsumi) would charge head first for his opponent pulling out his Zanpakutou to stab on the right shoulder of Kin aiming to inflict at least a scar on his sensei.

"Blood will rain today, if it does.... If it does it will be one of us!" Mayatsumi said hesitantly after fulfilling his assault at Kin-San.
word count: 408

Challenges come and go, but what counts most is that we stand head strong against it regardless of the consequences
Phantom-T

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by Phantom-T » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:10 pm

Just as he had hoped, Mayatsumi got the hint of is resolve and immediately moved to act on it though slower than he had imagined. He had expected the Shinigami to be a bit more concerned about his speed, especially after he purposely flaunted it. But then again maybe he had none he thought, those shinny little spells most Shinigami possessed or maybe he was confident in his power and speed to keep up with him. Whatever the case, kin only observed the Shinigami as he drew closer uttering some words about not being acknowledged. Acknowledge he wondered those where something left for those who’ve proven their skills and as it stood kin needed no convincing not when he quickly rose in ranks in the 8th but maybe the crowd did.

Quickly and as he had expected Mayatsumi pulled his index finger forward, emitting through it an elastic form of energy aimed for his person. Already prepared to take flight, Kin shot himself upward spinning through the air as if performing some sort of ritual dance. Spotless and precise as it would seem, the move employed at top speed had been a simple spinning vertical leap which could only ascend him a few ft upwards. His foot would spin crouched upwards midair with the yellow form of energy shot at him missing his toes by the tip of a tigers tooth. Realizing it had missed its target after extending some few inches outwards, the yellow rope quickly coiled back towards Kin, this time adjusting its flow to wrap around not only his foot, but his body as well.

Too late the bald monk whispered as he slammed back into the earth stomping the yellow rope under the weight of his knees. The earth beneath him quickly caved in with the yellow rope dispersed into ambient energy. Raising both eyes to meet his foe, the monk found another form of energy shot toward him at break neck speed. Instinctively, the monk rolled over to his right side allowing the streak of lightning pass him by. His cloak quickly gathered dust and so did his palms.

Rising quickly to his feet at the end of the spin, the Shinigami found a silver blade aimed for the right part of his shoulder; though somewhat sloppy the blade came at him at his top speed making him feel a bit winded at the sight of it. However he would attempt to tilt his body weight a little to the left as he leans forward, aiming to send a jab up his opponent throat by carefully attacking his trachea with the curve between his left fingers.

In a flash his opponent’s blade would cleave right through the edge of his right shoulder, but so would his hand darting forward like the stinger of a scorpion’s tail simultaneously. Blood would immediately flow from his shoulder as his muscles slightly stiffens at the effect of accumulated cramps. However should he be successful, his opponent would not only find words hard to utter even the concept of air would fade from him causing him to feel his lungs collapse under pressure.
word count: 526

Aegis Raiu
User Title: [5th Division Captain]Unhinged Lunacy

RP Leader

Post by Aegis Raiu » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:07 am

Round 1 for this match is now over!

Judging will begin shortly.
word count: 12
Aegis Raiu
User Title: [5th Division Captain]Unhinged Lunacy

RP Leader

Post by Aegis Raiu » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:15 pm

The results are in for round 1 : Kin Ryuu has been determined the winner by a margin

Griffins.
Quality : 3
Creativity : 1
Skill : 2

Kin
Quality : 3
Creativity : 2
Skill : 2

A full review will be provided at a later time upon request.

Commencement of round 2 will be announced publicly in due time.
word count: 54
Phantom-T

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by Phantom-T » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:41 am

Rested stiff by the edge of the arena the 3rd seat stood pale against its wall, sweating from pores to pores as he assimilated the rays of the sun. He'd shadowed a near defeat on his first round with an injured shoulder to show for it. However, his demeanor remained prestige with an aura of power sutured around him.

Thinking back to the moment he’d entered the arena, he could remember the word his subordinate uttered, and even more so the feeling that revolved around it. Going further back he could remember previous battles and how he’d basked under the power of another. However, he was again limited to suffer the pain of powerlessness. “Was he underestimating him?” Hell no, on the contrary maybe he was being underestimated here as the price for power didn’t come any easier than grabbing sizzling red blades with ones bare hands. Today wasn’t any different, not with his power and right shoulder now severed to limit his reach.

At the blaring sound of the trumpets, his eyes quickly shot open in search of his opponent for the day. Rays of light quickly flooded his eye as he pulled out from the wall walking sluggishly to the middle of the arena. His form unperturbed, appeared tardy to say the least with part of his robes ripped to wrap around his nurtured wounds. Casually he coiled his right palm into a feast and let it go, satisfying how much control he still had.

Now where is he, he scanned through fighting off the gaze of the sun with eyes squinted to maintain minimal focus.
Last edited by Phantom-T on Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 273

PhoenixDayne

RP Leader

Post by PhoenixDayne » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:21 am

Round 2 Ends!

The winner of this battle will be announced when reviewed.
word count: 13

Spirited away, One strides on the axis of death and alongside despair. Knowledge isn't finite, Our limit is Us.
PhoenixDayne

RP Leader

Post by PhoenixDayne » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:33 am

Having won the first round and owing to the fact that his opponent was absent in the second round.

Kin Ryu is the overall Victor and as such, he receives the prize pot of 250WP.
Last edited by PhoenixDayne on Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 35

Spirited away, One strides on the axis of death and alongside despair. Knowledge isn't finite, Our limit is Us.

Return to “The Arena”