Kan: 729.00 
User Title: Shadow Walker

Administrator

Hall of Fame

RP Leader

[Skill Training] The Zone Ying & Yang

Post by Phantom-T » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:51 am

The floating temple by the docks

Set on a personal Journey to improve himself, The 8th division captain must learn new tricks or suffer the curse of his powerless state.
Technique:
Name:The Zone (yin)
Type: Zanjutsu & Barrier
Description: A unique martial arts technique that allow Hazuki perceive everything within a twenty-five meters range. By emitting invisible traces of Reiatsu hidden from external perception around him, Hazuki maintains a unique sense of connection with his environment, giving him the ability to sense any approaching attack(s), hidden or otherwise once they intercept the flow of his reiatsu which shrouds him like a dome. It raises the user's accuracy and evasion to the utmost limit but does not interfere with his speed.For each mastery Hazuki gains an extra 25 meters of influence.

Name:The Zone (yang)
Type: Zanjutsu & Bakudo
Description: A unique martial arts technique which allow Hazuki perceive everything within the range of twenty meters by maintaining an invisible cloud of Reiatsu around him. Hazuki maintains a unique sense of command over his environment, giving him the ability to influence any projectile attacks, hidden or otherwise once they intercept his range of influence. This unlike his yin part allows Hazuki dull the speed of projected attacks by a 1/4 of their designated speed 4/4 at full mastery. Like wise Hazuki can also alter the direction of its flow should they weigh a little more the wind at "0" mastery and a cow (i.e 5000g) at full mastery.
Mastery chart:
  • 1st level: 1/4 Speed reduction
  • 2nd level: Senbo class projectile manipulation
  • 3rd level: Kunai class projectile manipulation
  • 4th level: 2/4 speed reduction
  • 5th level: Katan class projectile manipulation
  • 6th level: Harmmer class projectile manipulation
  • 7th level: 3/4 speed reduction
  • 8th level: motorbike class projectile manipulation
  • 9th level: cow class projectile manipulation
  • 10th level: Full speed reduction for projectiles 8th level and bellow.
Last edited by Phantom-T on Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:25 am, edited 6 times in total. word count: 325

Hazuki Ryuga + Kin Ryuu || Like a shadow, I am and I am not
Phantom-T

Administrator

Hall of Fame

RP Leader

Re: [Skill Training] The Zone Ying & Yang

Post by Phantom-T » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:53 am

ARRIVAL

Winter was now over but the blistering cold that came with it still lingered on. Tiny snowflakes sat partly on-top the blooming leaves with early morning dew thickened around sakura trees. Hidden within its mist a 5ft tall figure ambled along catered path with arms locked loosely behind him. He appeared smug, clothed in black haori, a black white hakama and a zori worn over his white tabi. His waist sat free of grungy gadgets hosting neither swords nor their respective sheaths. However, in its place a white haori himo hanged loosely below his chest holding both ends of his outer jacket in place.

The figure, Hazuki Ryuga had drifted off early in the morning, into the woods in search of a temple stationed by the docks. The floating temple as most had called it was rumored to contain martial arts secrets and cultures practiced all over the world. Their array of knowledge was said to be impressive and their tutors reformed. However the tales also had it that the temple was once lost and later found by Master Wang a master in the art of war and his two children Itto and Gin both identical twins. Their tales had had many versions but one thing was certain to all. The floating temple only arrived at the 8th division deck once every two years.

Partly aware of this fact thanks to previous miss, Hazuki had mentally prepared himself for what was to come, and had further gone ahead to polish his form. He could remember his earlier attempt to board the ship, a painful memory it was for him as he had ended up making a fool of himself before the two brothers. Itto as he recalled being the most aggressive of the twins, had beaten him with a stick in a sword fence. He had further gone ahead to beat him with his bare knuckles causing him to run back to the districts in pain. The two brothers were experts in the art of swordsmanship as he recalled even though this happened some few centuries ago.

Now he’d doubt they could even lay a single finger on him considering how far he had come. He’d sworn to beat them one day and had decided to personally further his art at swordsmanship partly because of that. However, these were childish feeling he once harbored as he now cared less about it. His visit today was purely to see what more he could learn and this out of every other thing took priority.

Arriving at the edge of the hill where the earthen rocks stopped and the timber walk way started, the pale shinigami felt the familiar pressure Master Wang emitted during his training sections, a ting of immeasurable power which naturally carved fear into the heart of the weak. He could recall how tense the wind bellowed and how rigorous the sea rippled every time he swung his blade. This drew fear into him at a younger age, causing him to wait outside till he was done with his training. He’d almost immediately feel the urge to laugh at the thought of it, only suppressing himself to a smile as he walked into the central training space.

It was impressive to think the man still had his wits after all these years he wondered, however to his shock he only found two middle aged men clad in blue and red going at each other with a yanyuedao (偃月刀; lit. "reclining moon blade") held in hand. The wind pressure around him quickly became tense as both fighters dashed at each other, leaping from one end of the board to another. Their movement came fast and swift with power causing each clash of blades to litter sparks of light into the air.

The man in red seemed to determine the tempo of the brawl, by putting more power into his swings. His muscles stood out from his clothing as he ripped a diagonal slash at his partner aiming to sever him from the waist side. Cleverly the man in blue avoided the edges of his blade but had moved in haste costing him a chance to take advantage of his brother opened rare. Following the power of his swing the red man let go of his moon blade allowing it spin sporadically towards the pale shingamis location.

Impressive Hazuki thought seeing the blade swing towards his head. He could tell he had purposely played his brother into avoiding that while all the time aiming for him. however, he'd stand firmly where he stood noticing the blade had lost some accuracy during its release.The blade swiftly flew by his ear parting only a single strand of his long wavy hair before impaling into a dragon statue stationed at his back.

“What do you want here?” the man spoke, commanding terror with his deep voice. You’ve not changed a bit Hazuki replied with a forced smile all over his face. "You know me?" The red man replied moving forward to access him, however before he could come close his brother who now had his moon blade casually rested on-top his left shoulder gasped in surprise as if he’d just figured it out.

“Brother he must be a fan” he replied mockingly hoping to carve a vein out of his brothers face. Not now Gin he quickly echoed returning his gaze to the captain.

“Tell me what you want here or”

“I’m here to meet Master Wang” Hazuki interrupted not ready to receive any threat from anybody. “Kindly point me to his quarters and you can carry on with your dance practice” He slyly mocked hoping the big man would take the bait.

To his surprise the man quickly thundered a heavy laughter, holding his belly as he slapped his left palm into his tie. He’d occasionally point at him as if showing him off to his brother whom had for some reason not decided to laugh. “You called this a dance”, the man quickly stopped his laughter releasing an intense pressure around him. Why don’t you come and dance with me he’d add walking over to a weapon rack where he'd pick two blades, before tossing one to him.

Catching the blade mid air, he’d react almost instantaneously allowing his wrist drop low while the tip of his blade touched the ground."Uhhm could you give me a stick instead" he’d utter pretending the blade was too heavy for him to carry. Following his request the man in blue (gin) quickly tossed over a perfect fencing stick usually used for practice. Immediately Hazuki adjusted his wrist to its feel swinging it a couple times to get the feel of it. In truth it had been years he’d held one of these sticks and was currently shocked at how light it felt. Nonetheless, looking straight into the eyes of Itto he’d wave him on signaling how ready he was.

Like wild fire his opponent dashed at him swinging diagonally downwards to part him in two, his form was swift as usual but even this attack was way beyond his speed giving him the needed space to step back a bit only avoiding the length of his blade. The man continued is motion nonetheless using different variation of same attack with adjusted speed and direction.

Similarly Hazuki would only step back as if left with no other option than to avoid. In truth he could already feel what his opponent was trying to do as his back neared the edge of the box. It was always a good move to keep your opponents option limited and with a smile he’d continue to hack trough space believing Hazuki had no option than to evade and move back.

In a second he’d sprout into the air coiling up is blade as if conjuring the elements before swinging is down with strength. He’d carefully aimed at the pale man’s head that was now a ft away from hitting a waist length fence which protected one from falling into the river. To his surprise however, Hazuki swiftly lifted himself unto the fence in a perfect split allowing his opponents’ blade hit the wooden floor where it buried deep into it. He immediately slammed the full force of the wooden sword into his opponent back head as if trying to split his skull. His opponent grunted in pain losing his balance as a result.

Acrobatically he lifted himself before attempting a front flip to leave the fence. His acrobatic display simply rested him at the point he’d started with his face turned to back his opponent. Taking advantage of this Itto followed up with an attack aimed to stab into his skull, already aware of this he’d shift his head to the left allowing his opponent blade pass through his right ear. However this was not all as he’d further reverse the grip of is wooden sword. Stabbing it tip to the huge mans chest, turning in one sweep he’d adjust his grip once more before slamming it into the right wrist of the man holding the blade. Noticing a slight hesitation in his form thanks to the pain he’d further go ahead with a final blow aimed at the ankle of the man.

The man quickly buckled in pain dropping his arm as he limped back in fear. Raising his hand to strike him one more time, Hazuki quickly felt the wind change around him causing him to repel from the target with the aid of shunpo. Only to find a moon staff stabbed into the location he once stood.

"Your instincts are impressive" an old man uttered clapping his hands as he stepped down from the ship. "Father!!" the two brothers’ immediately echoed heads bowed with sweet running down their cheeks. They too had been as surprised as Hazuki on seeing the blade drop. but unlike Hazuki had not noticed it till it planted its head deep into the docks.

“Master Wang” Hazuki slightly bowed with a smile on his face, happy he'd gotten his point across. He’d also never thought he could avoid a sneak attack from the master and for that felt a little pride swell up his chest.

“Why don’t you follow me, Captain Ryuga?” he gestured, turning his back on them as he strolled back into the ship. Hazuki quickly followed him dropping the wooden sword at the feet of the two twins without uttering a word to them.

“Captain??” The twin brothers uttered in shock realizing their mistake as the both individuals stepped into the ship.
word count: 1792

Phantom-T

Administrator

Hall of Fame

RP Leader

Post by Phantom-T » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:45 am

ARRIVAL II

Passing through creaky bridges and polished decks, Hazuki realized he hadn't been on a ship before, making each moment as good as new. He observed men and women walk up and down the ship busy as bees with one thing or the other. Their attention seemed focused on what they had in hand, however, every time he and the master passed through, they always spared little time to bow and greet. The both continued their journey nodding and waving to all those who did the same.

They eventually walked down flight of stairs and into a narrow passageway where a man emerged from the shadows covered in black robes with a scroll handed over to the master in kneeling reverence. His countenance bared no threat, yet his appearance passed off as a trained assassin similar to those found at the 2nd division grounds.

"Nice work" the old man uttered picking up the scroll to carefully inspect it. He calmly wheeled it open for a short read before returning it to the man as neat as it had been. “Good, now drop it off at the hive and join the rest” he uttered, moving ahead as quickly as he spoke. Stepping back into the shadow the mysterious man vanished, and even though Hazuki could clearly see the path he took he didn’t bother prying into it, only paying attention at the old man as he walked ahead in measured pace.

They strolled down the well illuminated passageway in silence, skipping across sleeping chambers, cross roads and meeting rooms before eventually negotiating a right bend at the end of their route. The entirety of the passageway had a brownish golden glow about it, which was as a result of finely polished mahogany walls and floors and yellow electric lamps which hanged firmly by the top of the wall, 10 meters away from each other at both sides. They immediately met another flight of stairs but this time instead of going down it went up, leading to some other chamber of walls with a better set up and more space than the ground floor.

Where are we headed to the Shinigami wondered, already content with how much he had seen for the day. He didn’t have to wonder for long as they quickly got to a door which the old man pushed aside while leaving his foot ware at the edge, before slightly patting the blinds to gain passage into it. Hazuki quickly did the same though slightly hunched to avoid his head hitting the upper frame of the door.

A few things quickly stood out for him on entering the room but none of those really mattered, not as much as the dark nature of the room which was unlike the brightly illuminated passageway.

Welcome to my chamber the old man uttered smiling off his cheek as he walked passed a few center table. He quickly got to the end of the room where the blinds shielded its windows. Pulling the knob by the side they swiftly opened allowing light pierce through the room.

"You can have a seat" he gestured pointing at the floor where the knee length tables sat. "Thank you" Hazuki replied pulling off his scandals at the edge of the door before stepping up to the table to seat cross-legged on the floor. The old man quickly joined him but not before pouring two cup of ale he had in a flask.

“So what brings a Captain of the Gotei 13 and a Ryuga to my door steps?” he humored as he sat down on the floor before taking a sip from his ceramic cup.

"Definitely not ale" Hazuki replied pushing his cup aside in a polite friendly manner.

“You don’t drink?”

“No not when I am on a hunt”

“Huh??” the man exclaimed a little confused about what he meant

“An old habit” Hazuki replied smiling off his cheek to ease the man’s thoughts.

“I see, so what are you on a hunt for, and how may I help you with that?”

Hazuki paused for a while thinking through his next words as he gazed across the window and into the river where a tall mountain stood. “I seem to be stuck in my skills with the sword, like that mountain I stand strong and firm and yet I cannot move or grow any taller”. He paused again to look at the old man who seemed engrossed in his cup of ale. “I need to be more flexible with my sword I need to grow stronger than I am now. Can you help with that?”

“No” the old man replied, dropping his cup on the table to stare into his eyes. His gaze came off strong and serious which confused the Shinigami even more. “No?”

"Yes", he replied rising from the floor to walk towards the window where he gazed at the mountain. "You were right about one thing" he uttered now backing the Shinigami with arms crossed behind him. "You like that mountain have a sturdy structural outlook, however to say your stuck is an illusion cast upon you by your own strength".

"Like the mountain, the water that flows through it, the stream, river, trees and the birds that take refuge on it, are all part of you as you are part of them. Know how to use them and you can get to anywhere you want or grow as tall as you wish".

Confused Hazuki glared at him for a while before responding in a docile tone. “so what does that mean for me?”

"You need better focus and control" he replied turning to face Hazuki once again.

“Focus” Hazuki uttered, feeling suprised and shocked and a bit insulted by that word. He had been an epitome of focus as his control over the sword alone gave him enough focus to render the efforts of a lesser individual useless not to mention his control over his reiatsu which practically made him a living radar.

"What do you mean by focus?” He questioned again this time ready to stand and leave should the old man not present a reasonable explanation. However, the master quickly intercepted with a question of his own. “How many people do you see in this room Captain?” he gestured with a wave of his hand.

Quickly Hazuki replied without wasting more time, "five, that's including you and I”.

"I can spot two men standing at both edge of the window, their position became apparent the moment you pulled open that blind to allow the light expose their transparent form, and another man stationed behind me near the door. “him, I noticed the moment I walked through that door”.

"Nice" the old man applauded walking closer to the table to take his seat. "Your observation prowess are pretty impressive captain. You cleary spotted three of them even though they cannot be sensed by sight and smell or through any reiatsu or reishi signature. "However, you seem to have missed out a few" he snapped his fingers, revealing seven more men in black hanging from the roof. “You didn’t see all of them because not all were affected by the light fluctuation and you were not opportune to walk close enough to everyone in other to feel their presence.”

“This is what I mean by focus, the ability to be one with your environment, without depending on your eyes, ears, nose or even reiatsu sensing to spot the enemy.” “An ability which merges your physical existence with your spiritual in other to expose and give you control to that which exist beyond your reach.” “I call it the Zone.”

Pouring himself a cup of ale he quickly took another sip with a smug on his face. "So what do you say son are you willing to try it out".

Relaxing his nerve, Hazuki quickly reached for his cup of ale for a sip of his own. “When do we start?” he replied causing the old man to giggle and laugh as both eventually laughed it up while smashing their cups together in a mutual cheer.
word count: 1362

Phantom-T

Administrator

Hall of Fame

RP Leader

Post by Phantom-T » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:13 am

Suspended on-top of the mountain, Hazuki sat cross legged with eyes shot while he took deep breaths. His lungs expanded and recoiled with every breath while his hand suspend above both ends of his ties, pinched to create a hollow circle.

Today, he was clad in a black and white kimono with his hair packed into a pony tail behind him. It had been five days he came to the master for guidance and throughout his stay all he had him doing was meditation, breathe control and acupuncture and therapy’s which sealed off his reiatsu and reiatsu control.

He was told this was necessary steps to start the training however for five days he had not felt any stronger or even more perceptive than he was before. Truth be told he felt more vulnerable without his reaistu and thanks to the therapy he was on his feel for reiatsu died by the minute making him wonder if at all it was wise to take weird medication and if at all he could revive them back.

He dived deeper into his meditation trying to push all worries aside as he had been commanded to do and only concentrate on himself. He drew in more breaths and exhaled feeling relieved with energy swelling up his guts. What it meant he couldn’t tell and he didn’t need to, at least not now, not when he felt the wind tip against him.

Quickly he rolled to his left side, to evade a bamboo stick which smashed into the ground where he sat. Simultaneously he stood to his foot but the presence he felt was no more, causing him to pause with his eyes still closed. “How long do we have to do this he voiced”, carefully stepping to the side as if expecting another attack however he didn’t get a reply instead two bamboo stick swung across his torso smashing him in the gut which sent him flying into a nearby rock.

Forced to open his eye he quickly got the “you fail” which has been a familiar tune the master sang to him for the past 5 days. The deal was to never open his eye throughout his meditation period and this had been one hurdle he had to pass every day without the use of his eye. Again the master said allowing him return back to his meditation while he and the two ninjas who came with him descended down the mountain. Already accustomed to pain it didn’t take him time to gather himself together, returning back to his meditation as commanded by the old man.

The ordeal repeated over and over again and every single time the number of bamboo stick he had to contend with increased by one. However, he was beginning to get a hang of it and this he proved by the end of the day successfully evading a bamboo attack by 10 ninjas with his eyes closed.

“Stop!!” the master pronounced walking up to him with his hands crossed before him “You may open your eyes now, tomorrow your true training begins so get some rest”. Opening his eyes Hazuki felt relieved no more bamboo aimed for his chest and more importantly, he was now capable of keeping up against elite swords men blind folded. “As you wish” he replied the old man, following him down the hill with the ten hunch men following closely behind.

The night eased away with him stuck to his cabin where he ate and drank alone. He was offered medication for his scars and herbs for his strength which also helped him recover from the stress of the day but among all this nothing could cause him to sleep. He gazed out of his cabin window looking at the clear sky, imagining what the true training could be.

From what he was told all he had to do was fight a master blind folded with his life on the line. However, facing the old man didn’t seat well with him especially since he was at least his level of mastery in zanpaktou handling. If his life was going to be placed on the line he would rather face the master with both eyes open. Tilting uncomfortably on his bed he found it extremely hard to relax and as such he sort for other options.

Seating down in his usual meditative pose, he closed his eyes and calmed his nerves and soon enough he was gone. Calmed, he quickly felt the energy within him engulf him, the room around him lit up in grey colors as the energy spanned out from him. What is this he wondered?, with his senses picking up on the minute vibration of bugs under his bunker. He quickly tried to expand this wave further but it started fading from him instead causing him to open his eyes in a rush. It wasn’t reiatsu sensing he could tell as he had been without one for days.

Taking a deep breath he returned to his meditation but this time nothing happened. He however, didn’t end it instead he decided to stay in that position till it was morning since he was finding it hard to sleep either way.
word count: 878

Return to “Spars and Missions”