Post by Akugaranwa Itachi » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:07 am

With this we are both having the same advantages... :D
word count: 9
For I am Supreme
Fluxarc

RP Leader

Re: Spar[The Rage of The Lightning god]

Post by Fluxarc » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:15 pm

Kara Masters, Captain of the Gotei 13's Second Division and Commander of the Onmitsukido thereof, lay on her back amidst the lazily rippling sea of grass and gazed up at the sprawling expanse of sapphire blue summer sky. She felt adrift, like a ballon untethered and floating free. It was a good feeling. It was a long hoped-for feeling.

To have escaped all those unsigned documents and reports with my life...Maybe I really am captain material after all ...

Kara had been in the state for what seemed like hours as she awaited the arrival of her lieutenant, with whom she'd arranged a sporting spar. They hadn't really had the chance to connect as work mates, so this would be such an opportunity. She'd read his file, though, and had been very impressed.
word count: 138
FLUXARC | KARA MASTERS
http://i68.tinypic.com/rvcbo1.jpg
'I SEE IT CLEARLY- THE MONOLITH ON THE LAKE. IT CALLS TO ME.' KARA MASTERS
Akugaranwa Itachi
User Title: Black Flash

Post by Akugaranwa Itachi » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:22 am

It was sunny, clearly skies and the all seemed well within Soul Society. The second Division has been left isolated for far too long with little activity, a new captain was assigned to head the Maggots nest and Arthur to be his Lieutenant. Dressed in his sleeveless Shikashou, Arthur strolled down the lonely paths heading down the streets at the end of the Barracks that led to a plan field owned by the 2nd Division where he was destined to meet with the new Captain.

Tightly gripping his zanpactou, Arthur walked as he let his oceanic Reiatsu loose that span from his current position all the way to the plan field. Every being of lesser power without proper training maybe be knocked out, those with advanced training maybe forced to their knees in reference to his glory for his might should be known to those present and afar.

With his step bringing him to a halt at where his captain was, Arthur glanced at the rather young girl with a passive expression. He need not introduce himself or call out to her Arthur would let his Reiatsu pressure do the work for him, all he had to do was wait for her move.
word count: 203
For I am Supreme
Fluxarc

RP Leader

Post by Fluxarc » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:24 am

Sensing her lieutenant's approach, Kara wondered why he'd let his spirit power out in full measure. And then it occured to her. Kara smiled slightly, her eyes remaining shut.

This should be fun...

When he stopped a few paces from her, Kara opened her eyes, and then blinked a little when sunshine stabbed into them. Her eyes watered up a little, and Kara grimaced.

"Ouch."

With a swift no-hands kip-up, Kara manuevered to her feet and turned to face her sparring partner and lieutenant. He seemed ... oddly held-back, as though unwilling to show emotion or nuance. He looked like he just wanted to get to it. Kara smiled. She'd known one just like him, a monk by the name of Lysare. In the decade or so she'd been under his tutelage, Kara could not remember them once exchanging small talk- or any talk, really. All her memories of Lysare revolved around flailing fists, bruises and stern looks.

"Hi, my name's Kara Masters." Kara said, tipping her chin down a bit in greeting. "And I guess you are Arthur. It's a great pleasure to finally meet you. Oh, and you can put all that spirit energy away." Kara added with a small chuckle. "We aren't fighting back an invasion." Kara glanced up at the sky. "Unless of course you consider all those fluffy white clouds an enemy battalion."

word count: 237
FLUXARC | KARA MASTERS
Akugaranwa Itachi

Post by Akugaranwa Itachi » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:56 am

Sorry but I can’t stop myself from laughing, the last bit of your post got me rolling
He had her attention, she was focused on him and that was all that he needed from her at that moment. This made it the first time they ever had any form of contact or conversation and it could be noted that they knew nothing about each other save for their names.

”I see you have done your homework” He said while suppressing his Reiatsu down to a point where it would Almost be impossible to be felt by someone else. Arthur took another step forward grazing the grass with the helm of his dress

”You are Kara Masters, formerly member of the 13th Division And now captain of the 2nd.”

Arthur concluded his statement as he gazed into the horizon taking in the breeze that flowed from that direction before turning to face Kara with the air around him changed, giving off a bloodlust. ”Now that we have gotten over the small talk, shall we begin? Or would you rather choose to bore me to death?”
word count: 185
For I am Supreme
Fluxarc

RP Leader

Post by Fluxarc » Wed May 01, 2019 3:03 am

Bore him to death ...?

Kara blinked incredulously at her lieutenant, and then shook her head. Had she spoken in such a manner to Lysare, her former close-quarters combat instructor, he'd have knocked her head so hard it'd have gone concave.

Still, Kara realized that she'd only just gotten the position of Captain. She hadn't actually earned it. With a smile, she nodded at Arthur and slowly got into a peculiar pose- something between the ready stances for Muay Thai and Wing Chun. It was a special technique she'd been working on, it was barely ready. But, this would be a nice time to give it a try.

"Oh, I definitely won't be boring you, Vice-Captain Arthur." Kara said, a slightly playful tone to her voice. "Not ... at ..."

In a blink Kara would launch forward- not quite at half her full enhanced speed- coming within striking range of Arthur, body poised in mid-air. While she'd noticed the edged air of bloodlust around Arthur, Kara decided to pay it no mind. He might be looking to crack a skull. All she wanted to do was have a nice, friendly spar with her lieutenant.

" ...all."

Swiftly she would whip into a roundhouse kick aimed at the left side of Arthur's face, putting just enough power into the kick to stagger her opponent, rather than really hurt him.

LOL. Yeah ... I try. Arthur's a moody fellow, isn't he ...? Hey, mind including a link to Arthur's profile and Zan? Can't seem to find it...
word count: 264
FLUXARC | KARA MASTERS
Akugaranwa Itachi

Post by Akugaranwa Itachi » Wed May 01, 2019 3:45 am

i tell you, the guy just gets me fired at his all serious attitude he puts up.....more like Byakuya. I mean can’t he loosen up and play a little?

You will find the profile and Zan [here]
When all was said and done, Kara seemed a bit taken back at his sharp and cut words to her, no doubt she wasn’t used to been spoken to in such manner and it wasn’t her fault for if she wanted respect she had to take it and earn it, Arthur was not ready to hand her his respect on a platter.

She moved, leaving behind her voice as she did at a speed the Dayne Head could clearly see. To him she was incredibly slow, so slow that he wondered when she was going to appear at his position. His last opponent at the Arena was similar to him in speed save for the fact that Arthur was by chance slightly faster and yet this woman proved to be a disappointment in terms of her speed. The second Division is noted for fast movement techniques, infiltrating the enemy ground before you can be seen but the captain of the 2nd Division, this new child was no were up to standard.....yet. ”too slow.”

He said, channeling his Reiatsu into his left hand as a form of defense, condensing his Reiatsu like a skin all over his body and at the same time his hand glowed with yellow electricity[1] as he moved to block her kick while at the same time channeling raikoho on his left hand so that when her foot makes contact with his left hand which was partially raised slightly above his face, ”Raikoho,” a surge of yellow electricity would move from his hand to her body if contact was made.

”I was right”

[1]Hadou 63: Thunder Roar Cannon (Raikouhou)
-Gathers yellow lightning at fingertips, then fires off as a bolt to pierce the target.
Chant: "Scattered beast bones! Spire, Crimson Crystal, Steel Wheels! The wind if it moves, the sky if it stops, the tone of the spear striking fills the lone castle!"
Last edited by Akugaranwa Itachi on Wed May 01, 2019 4:20 am, edited 4 times in total. word count: 360
For I am Supreme
Fluxarc

RP Leader

Post by Fluxarc » Thu May 02, 2019 6:01 pm

Kara felt the intense build-up of reiatsu long before the first jagged tendrils of yellow energy began forming around Arthur's body [1]. Even as her body whipped through the air towards her opponent, Kara's thoughts ticked off in her mind with clockwork precision.

Full-body energy assimilation. A little extreme to deal with a basic frontal attack. His stance and body movement suggest a close-quarter combat skill level at least equal to mine. And yet ...

In the instant before her strike landed, Kara vanished with a sharp sigh [2], appearing behind Arthur at shoulder height; she hadn't halted her roundhouse kick, but had instead drawn her leading leg in, letting her rotation continue, and using the built up momentum to power a second strike with her other leg, this time aiming with her shin at the base of his skull, a move meant to stun.

... He uses a high-level kido to counter a basic kick ... Curious ...

[1] Kara's signature highly-evolved energy sensing ability. See her profile.
[2] Shunpo- half her top speed.
word count: 180
FLUXARC | KARA MASTERS
Akugaranwa Itachi

Post by Akugaranwa Itachi » Wed May 08, 2019 7:08 am

Halfway through her attack Kara halted her movement, it was almost like she could sense what was about to happen before it happened and luckily she had escaped by a slim chance the devastating power of Raikoho.

Still she persisted, appearing behind him with a sole intention of landing a kick at his skull. Arthur sensing her intentions seeing as he could clearly follow her sorry excuse of a Shunpo perhaps, she was probably the slowest person he had ever met. Still Arthur remained unperturbed, his focus sharp and his decision set on his next course of action. With a sharp burst of his Reiatsu, Arthur would attempt to use his Monsterous Reiatsu to push Kara away. If successful, it should be enough to send her landing heavily on the ground.

The tall man was not nearly done yet. He would let the full power of his Reiatsu pressure loose to its limits in the hopes to crush her and send pin her to the ground using the pressure from his Reiatsu. ”Byakuri” He would send a pale lightning to strike at her right shoulder, should she be unable to ward off the effects of his Reiatsu pressure and unable to defend herself against the incoming lightning, she would suffer a dislocated shoulder and a minor burn.... should it make contact.
please check Arthur’s Reiatsu control level....
Last edited by Akugaranwa Itachi on Fri May 10, 2019 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 228
For I am Supreme
Fluxarc

RP Leader

Post by Fluxarc » Sat May 18, 2019 7:04 am

Arthur's seismically explosively outburst of spirit energy stopped Kara's kick dead. For a moment she hung in the air, loose garments and hair whipping madly about in the powerful storm of her lieutenant's spirit pressure; and then the sheer force of Arthur's unleashed energy sent her flying backwards. Kara kept her eyes on Arthur even as she manuevered her body for a landing.

Whoa! Releasing this much spiritual pressure to stop a kick? That's absurd ...!

Kara landed well, and straightened up. While she could not use her own raw spirit force offensively, she also couldn't fall prey to the spirit forces of others- thanks to her Ambrosia Aspect, the peculiar energy within her that also robbed her of all demon magic abilities. Still, Kara felt as though in the center of a terrible windstorm, and had to keep her eyes squinted against the dense, lashing bursts of sand and dirt and grass as Arthur's energy continued to whip about.

Sensing another Kido, Kara sidestepped the bolt of blue-white energy, feeling the small hairs on her arm sizzle as the kido hissed past.

Still with her eyes on Arthur, Kara got into a ready stance, weight evenly balanced.

This is nuts. If he keeps releasing this quantity of spiritual pressure, I'll definitely need to release my soul slayer if I'm to have any hope of landing a hit ...

word count: 237
FLUXARC | KARA MASTERS
Akugaranwa Itachi

Post by Akugaranwa Itachi » Sat May 18, 2019 9:34 am

The full force of his spirit pressure at its peak was enough to blow her away, still captain Kara was able to maneuver mid air to gain her balance. Arthur observed keenly as his Reiatsu pressure did nothing but to blow her away, a shikai ability perhaps? No there was no way that was possible for he had yet to see her release her Zanpacktou.

Again, the Kido dazzled across her missing his target once again. It was almost like she could sense his movement before they happened. Still it was no secret that she may had sensed it through the Shinigami Reiatsu perception. Still it bothered him. To test her to her limits he had to make the approach first.

Dashing towards Kara at Top speed, exploring the maximum capacity his Shunpo could offer, he would appear just in time when his captain had moved to evade his Kido. ”Geki” with us body glowing red as he appeared behind his captain Kara at Maximum speed, he would move to slow down her reaction time with an attempt to bind her. Still the Dayne Head would not stop there no he did not for he would move to reduce all possible means of counter to the nearest minimum.

Boasting little strength he knew that, he would coat his right hand with Tezuri raiden with his intention to aid his punch with electricity for more impact and penetration purposes. Arthur would whip his right hand coated with yellow electricity to in a bid to smash in her right rib and cause major burns and paralysis should she fail to evade. Employing his Shunpo at maximum the way that he did, the event would occur at the time it would take one to blink.
Last edited by Akugaranwa Itachi on Sat May 18, 2019 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 292
For I am Supreme
Fluxarc

RP Leader

Post by Fluxarc » Fri May 24, 2019 4:51 am

Having evaded Arthur's white lightning, Kara had barely taken her ready stance when she felt the telltale reiatsu burst of a flashstep, and sensed Arthur's reiryoku appear behind her.

Fast- ...!

She heard Arthur say, 'Geki', and then felt her entire body seize up as a baleful red glow rose around her. It was a binding spell, and a strong one at that. Not being able to reiatsu-blast the barrier away, Kara summoned every ounce of her extraordinary strength [1] and flexed her extremities outward, pushing at the binding energy hard and fast. In the instant she felt the binding spell give way, she felt another burst of energy, caught a yellow glow from her right, and heard an ominous sizzling.

No.

The Geki energy broke apart just in time for Kara to shift her weight to the left, twist back, and bring a her forearm into the path of Arthur's kido-buffed attack.

"Ach-!"

Kara felt hot tendrils of pain stab up her right arm from the point of impact. The felt her skin burn, felt her arm begin to go numb. Kara's eyes pinched up, and she gritted her teeth. [2]

A chance!

Summoning every bit of her close-combat training, Kara manuevered her block into a grab, aiming to grab Arthur's attacking arm at the wrist, jerk him forward and possibly off-balance, and then slam her left elbow into his solar plexus with enough force to bruise him badly and knock the wind out of him, all the while not letting go of his wrist. If she failed to grab his wrist she would still follow through with her elbow attack.

[1]You can check her profile, but Kara possesses pretty awesome strength.
[2] She is also VERY durable. Like she can take a lot of damage, so she takes advantage of that here.
little note- Kara's actions from the time you use the Geki to the time she blocks your strike occur VERY quickly.
word count: 335
FLUXARC | KARA MASTERS
Akugaranwa Itachi

Post by Akugaranwa Itachi » Fri May 24, 2019 10:13 am

Arthur’s outstretched hand met with a road block as Kara was able to break free from his binding spell in time to block his attack. The tall man was unsure of what to make of that as he was certain that with his speed, the moment she felt Kido kick in would also be the moment he should have landed the hit, still the girl Kara was able to defend against his move. Although she wasn’t left unscathed for she had bruises and burns on her hand.

Captain Kara would immediately move for a counter as she pulled Arthur in with her grip in a bid to use her other elbow to slam on his solar plexus. It was all according to plan as Arthur had hoped to draw her in giving her a false sense of hope before taking that very hope away from her in one smooth moved. Moving in as she drew him, ”Rikijokuro, Raikoho” the words came out from his lips as he drew closer to her elbow. Six yellow rods would move to slam them self on Kara’s slender waist as she made her move. At the same time with the six rods, Arthur would coat his free left hand as he moved it to stop her elbow from slamming into his midsection, should contact be made, it would be enough power to blow off her left hand away.

”You are weak Kara and as such not suited to lead the 2nd Division, hand over the badge
Last edited by Akugaranwa Itachi on Fri May 24, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 255
For I am Supreme
Fluxarc

RP Leader

Post by Fluxarc » Sat May 25, 2019 5:49 am

Streaming 'Raikoho'? I dunno. Tetsuri Raizen, yeah. 'Raikoho'? Dunno. @[email protected]

Just as she launched her elbow-strike counter move, Kara gasped six flat rods of bright yellow light shot in around her waist, pinning her in place, and halting her strike. But she'd heard his incantation seconds earlier, and knew what was coming next. He'd played his hand well. She was pinned in place with seconds to react. Releasing her grip on Arthur's left wrist, Kara smiled, and for a fraction of a second her eyes shut.

Vice captain ... huh ...

When her eyes opened up, a light had awoken within them. Kara's low utterance would be barely audible.

"Declare ..." [1]

What happened next passed in a heated sizzle of seconds.

The ground around Kara exploded violently as a powerful windstorm rose out of the blue, raising a cloud of dirt and dust and grass that would obscure Kara, and disrupting Arthur's blazing Raikoho attack; in a flash, the dense squall would then shrink in towards Kara, then explode out with 12 tons of raw physical force [2] and a mighty, sweeping roar and sending large chunks of hard earth and a dark wall of dirt flying off into the air.

[1] Kara's zanpakutou release command.
[2] Think two adult male african elephants charging you at 80 miles-per-hour. The key here is the suddenness and close-quarters nature of the blast, leaving a very small margin for reaction.
word count: 244
FLUXARC | KARA MASTERS
Akugaranwa Itachi

Post by Akugaranwa Itachi » Sat May 25, 2019 6:31 am

A perfectly played hand, a trap set in place many moves ahead and all that remained was for the mouse to fall into the lion’s cage. Still, with the binding spell keeping Kara in check, all that remained was for his lightning strike to make contact.

It came to him, like a wild sense, like an instinct and also because he had picked up on the sudden rise in her Reiatsu through his perception and he could only guess what was to come next. Kara called upon her Zanpacktou releasing it from its shackles in an explosive force that made the earth tremble under the tall man’s feet as his Kido was deflected else where.

Having little time to react, Arthur fully calm and collected for this was also within his prediction and so far things were going according to plan.....a dense squall shrunk in towards Kara before exploding..... Arthur having little time to react, all he could do was to use an advanced Shunpo technique[1] that required him moving so fast that he would leave an after image in his place that would appear to have taken a direct hit from the 12ton of explosive physical force.

”Such power, so this is the captain’s Shikai huh? Interesting” Arthur grimaced at his thought as he appeared about 15meters from Kara.... ”Interesting Captain Kara, come at me with all you have and I will cut down your power” Arthur said while coating his entire body with his dense Reiatsu while he waited for her to make her move.
[1][2]Utsusemi (空蝉, Cast-Off Cicada Shell; Viz "Cicada Shell") is an advanced Shunpo technique. It falls under the category of Way of Onmitsu, 3rd of the Shihō. The practitioner moves at great speed to avoid an attack, leaving an afterimage which can appear to have taken damage.
word count: 310
For I am Supreme
Fluxarc

RP Leader

Post by Fluxarc » Sat May 25, 2019 7:26 am

Slowly, the thunderous roaring of the wind and shaking of the earth would die down, and as the thick cloud of dirt and dust settled, Kara's form grew visible again, first as a shadow, and- as the cloud grew thinner and then completely vanished- completely.

"...Godsworn."

Rays of sunlight glinted off a silvery, liquid-like armor that now covered Kara's arms to just above her elbows. Tossed about by the now-gone winds, Kara's dark locks settled around her face, and her garment's fell to rest around her frame. Her eyes rose to fix on Arthur. The high-speed technique he'd used hadn't fooled her. Due to his usage of several high-level spirit energy techniques in such a short time, Kara was now particularly attuned to his spirit energy profile, in the same way a wine-taster would recognize a vintage sipped too many times with little thought.

Her lips curved up slightly at his words.

"You were right before, you know." Kara calmly said. "I'm probably not suited to lead the Second Division. But then again, a wise man once said, 'Accept the things to which fate binds you...'. I've accepted that I'm now the Captain of the Second Division, and Commander in Chief of the Special Forces thereof. That said, I should probably offer you some advise. I had suspicions before, but having held you, I'm pretty certain..."

Slowly, Kara rose her right hand and shifted her body to the left, so that her right side was facing Arthur, her right arm extended out towards him, her raised hand stretched out.

"I never intended to take this seriously. Please don't make me. I'm sworn to protect my comrades. Going any further as you have been might not end ... well. So ... are you going to back down, Vice Captain Arthur?"

Kara waited, the windstorm she'd summoned earlier having created a shallow crater in the earth around her, about twenty feet wide, so she her line of sight to Arthur was at a slight angle.

word count: 349
FLUXARC | KARA MASTERS
Akugaranwa Itachi

Post by Akugaranwa Itachi » Sat May 25, 2019 3:51 pm

Not too long the dust began to clear and Kara’s presence became visible. When she came to light she was like a different person and Arthur was not only noting the looks but also the color in her eyes had changed. She gazed upon Arthur with eyes blazing with seriousness as she spoke.

She talked about being certain about something and also from her voice she almost sounded like she was capable of touching the tall man let alone defeating him. It should be noted that the only reason she was able to touch his skin was because he had allowed it, all according to the plan to draw her into a false hope. Now she was going to hurt him? Such hubris..... ”You are going to harm me? Who decided that? The only one to decide that is me”

Arthur said as he steadied his stance so that he was directly facing Kara. ”You shall not touch my skin let alone harm me.... by my might you must bow Arthur said with his head held high as his pride soared through the sky..... he was so confident in his abilities that he decided not to use his Zanpacktou. ”Now come at me, even now without releasing my Zanpacktou you shall know defeat
word count: 214
For I am Supreme

Return to “Missions”