Central 46 High Spec Training Facility: Omni

The heart of Gotei and it’s Governing Body. Home to the Central 46 Compound, Central Great Underground Prison,Daireishokairou and more. Access to the inner areas is forbidden without prior authorization.
Aegis Raiu
User Title: [5th Division Captain]Unhinged Lunacy

RP Leader

Re: Central 46 High Spec Training Facility: Omni

Post by Aegis Raiu » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:00 am

He stood, eyes burning with an impregnable steady gaze, darting towards the portal to catch sight of the slender death god whom just traversed into their foreign ground on which he stood. Watching closely, he felt a bit nostalgic hearing the man's voice as he asked what was going on, and in response, Ghost quickly gave his thoughts on their purpose here, surely the big man couldn't agree more with his choice of words, but a better explanation was bound to come upon her arrival, the lady in charge of these thresholds.

And just as the thought of her zoomed across his mind, she made her entrance from the bright light, sealing shut the portal as she did. First she was happy, acknowledging ghost's earlier answer but in little time her tone and steadiness shifted, as though angered by the thought of something. Then she spoke, telling of the 7th's beast, Solus Dextera with reverence in her conflicting tone, a mythical being who indeed existed even in a time he knew of, but luckily the beast had been absent from Soul Society long enough for new peace to reign unperturbed, for his presence demanded fear and reverence. Still, to think the lady standing before them was trained by Solus, demanded quantifiable respect in itself.

Moments after, she clarified their tasks and reason for coming here just as he thought she would, she snapped her fingers to initialize the prompt adjustment and materialization of an entirely new field as though they were now in a real world.

Before them were their separate tasks, but his was different, it was alive, humanoid in nature yet bore stark resemblance to a dragonfly with wings.
It paused briefly and gazed at the surrounding individuals present, then it moved, buzzing off at supersonic speeds as though trying to escape a hot pursuit.

Sovereign then spoke again, '”Your goal is similar. First make your codename known to us, and then simply capture the dragonfly... wherever it is now.'
This is a message that can only be understood by the user and targets of their choosing:

"Call me Assassin."

Briefly after making his codename known he charged, descending his bulky figure towards the ground he'd torn his attire on both sides of his rib section. His eyes were sealed shut and he began feeling out the presence of all within miles of his locality and soon enough he caught wind of something afar off, darting nonstop with the wind. "Very well." He said, as his eyes opened up he too darted off.

Amidst the vast field grew high reaching trees, effectively becoming a forest of sorts, and before long he had the creature in sight, but keeping up was something he felt all too confident about and thus hoped to test out the theory. Inches behind the winged monstrosity with left arm stretched ahead, and without a moment's notice it had zoomed to the left and thus eluding the hefty man.

Moving through series of thought processes, he called forth the name of a spell craft, "Bakudo #9 - Horin." From his left palm a hue of yellow tendril darted forward, and wrapped around a tree slightly positioned to the left and as he moved past it he swung himself around to the left with the accumulating momentum of turn given that the other end of the tendril was strongly held by his clenched fist as he did. He had employed this to enable him keep up with the sharp turn exhibited by his target, it was all too clear he couldn't achieve the capture of this target simply by being fast.

In response to this, he called out again "Bakudo #26 - Kyako." Bending the light around him to become invisible, Darius hoped to apply stealth to soothe his endeavor.

Still darting in the direction of the fast paced creature not too far ahead, he knew he had to slow it down for proper capture to be possible and as such he pronounced yet again "Bakudo #1 - Sai." A low level binding spell which has proven to be quite effective throughout his years as a spell loving Shinigami, the fluttering wings of the creature had moved in place behind it, causing the man-sized dragonfly to plummet to the ground being unable to maintain continuous flight, it stood as it struggled, shaking its head off the dusty forest floor. It came to it, three rods of energy from what seemed to be nowhere, smashing the creature into a nearby tree behind it in a perfect shape of triangle. An effect of Darius' final spell "Bakudo #30 - Shtotsu Sansen."

He had captured his target at the cost of a torn costume, he watched the wailing creature and grunted in anger as he backed it and uttered the word,

"RESET."
word count: 807
Aegis Raiu

RP Leader

Post by Aegis Raiu » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:46 am

'Why do you think I chose this trial?'

Were loud and bold words spoken by Sovereign, drawing Assassin's attention towards her as she addressed them. He'd been so busy with his trial, he'd failed to notice her displeasure with one of the individuals, or perhaps her anger was meant for all of them, only focused this time. And as she spoke some words, the dragonfly came to life once again and zoomed off as usual, yet he listened to her words carefully. She spoke of the 7th's ruins and the monsters that dwelt therein then and who it was that moved them here, she said, 'Our real mission is hunting them... To the rest of you, take pride in your work. Any half-hearted attempts beyond this point... will be corrected.'

Moments later, she commanded all three trials to appear around her in a 10m wide triangle formation. Assassin observed as much as he could about her at this moment, her stance, her controlled breathing, her concentrated gaze upon the now fleeing dragonfly, the solid block of steel and the fully charged canon. And as the unruly wave of destruction exited the canon's mouth piece, she struck its balance with a charged Shakkaho, causing it to miss her and find the metal block instead, now shattered, it spread to all corners of the vast field, locating and striking down the winged creature as it did. She_Sovereign, had completed all three tasks with a single kido in a timely fashion, causing Assassin to rethink his methods and realize there were indeed a few things to learn from this master of Kidou.
"2nd trial

Turning to face his own trial once again, the dragonfly appeared, looked around and darted off. And just like he observed the kido master display, he too focused his gaze upon the fleeing creature, it lacked any patterned movement and possessed swift and accurate turning speeds and agility, yet he was determined in his quest, calling forth a single word from his lips, “Sokatsui.”

A single blast of blue searing flames erupted from his left palm unto the forest trees from the left towards the right in front of the creature, he'd hoped to influence its motion towards the right as a result of the forest flames due East. And as he predicted, it took a sharp right turn, “Got you... Sekisho.” As it turned to the right, and at full speed, it collided against the transparent wall of energy placed before it as a result of the second spell uttered by it's hunter. With mangled wings and unconscious from the colliding force, Assassin had succeeded in capturing the creature without moving from his initial spot.

Defiance had seemingly been the outcome of events behind him, an encroachment of disaster brewed when he felt the aggressive spirit pressure burst forth unto the arena. It was Sovereign, provoked and about to draw her blade from its sheath, yet suddenly it doused, and she let go her blade whilst she delved knee first to the ground before Ace, apparently in an attempt to prevent certain mayhem.

Ignorant of what may have transpired and glad that whatever dispute had been expunged, he_Assassin quickly returned focus on his prey and continued.

"RESET"
Once again it appeared, looked around and was about to take off, but this time was different, a red glow encompassed the winged creature the moment it appeared, stagnant and unable to move it struggled to no effect. Assassin had figured a loop in his hunt, the short curious search the dragonfly exhibited each time before take off, and this time it would suffer for its laxity. “Geki... Bakudo #4 : Hainawa.”

As it struggled, an energy rope erupted from beneath it to entangle and hold it in place. Assassin was done with his trial and snapped his finger to return everything back to emptiness. Turning his gaze to Sovereign, he witnessed her utter some words to both Ace and Ghost, not sure what it was he walked towards her in placid footsteps.
Last edited by Aegis Raiu on Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 681
XIII
Founder
User Title: [13th Division |
Kidou Corps Commander]
Slayer of Wretched Lions

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by XIII » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:19 pm

Time to have some fun. Forgive my arrogance •u•
“End simulation...”

In that moment, the world froze. The wind ceased to move, the birds stopped flying, the leaves stopped swaying and the whole of the earth seemed to become still. Then, bit by bit everything turned to dust, revealing more and more of the original training room as the time went.

In the back of the room the walls lit up to display each and everyone’s codename and a number next to it.

[Soverign:1...00...9...99...999999.... Error]
[Ghost: 70]
[Assassin: 90]
[Ace: 80]

“These are your scores. Each is rated out of a maximum score of 100. Your scores are based on your effectiveness and efficiency. A hell butterfly will deliver a slightly more in-depth analysis of your performance here. With the completion of this session we’ll be concluding out Kidou Corps activity for a short while. You’re all free to return to your original posts. However if you feel up to it you may check in on things in the Underground Prison, and payroll the grounds. Otherwise I’ll be summoning you for your first real mission assignments later on. There are a few preparations that need to be made before that. Or...”

She paused....

“We could continue the training excercises, this time with something a little more...fun. A bit of dueling, should you find yourself interested.”
Last edited by XIII on Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 236

It would come in a blur, and seek to lay waste to them all.
In a flash, the beast sought to let loose a calamity crafted by its own hands.
Its sole purpose to leave nothing but charred remains and ash...

Akugaranwa Itachi
User Title: Black Flash

Post by Akugaranwa Itachi » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:12 am

Forgive my long absence, just completed a long and exhausting Exams and while I am free I am still pretty much exhausted and I assure you as I type this, I type it with half closed eyes.

Once all was said and done, With Assasin completing his task Sovereign rounded up everything and moved to speak to those present Ghost included. With his attention locked on her, He listened as she called out the scores, it appeared he was ranked last and that was no surprise to him.

His effort had resulted to that score and for which he cared little for. However what peaked his interest was Sovereign’s saying something about dueling..... Now that should be much more interesting than this or whatever this was....”Now you have my attention, I am interested” Ghost said with both hands tucked into his pockets like he was searching for something.
word count: 150
For I am Supreme
Phantom-T
User Title: [8th Captain] Shadow Walker

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by Phantom-T » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:07 pm

Just as it started the two individuals came to a quick understanding agreeing to call of the sudden tension which filled the room. "Tssk, there wasn't going to be a fight after all" he concluded watching both individuals path themselves at the back. They both seemed to get each other, though that much was expected of the first two members of the kido corps at least the first two he could recall already members before today. The third individual who had also come with them was at some point still working on his trial or so he thought. Turning back to have a view of situations at his end, the presence of the individual approaching towards them quickly puzzled him with a thought pushed into his mind. He had missed it.

“End simulation...”
Sovereign quickly intoned, causing him to push aside his worries and focus on one person Sovereign. A screen quickly came to life, displaying what he'd considered some sort of result seeing as his name was written there. A quick scan already told him how he did even before he could understand what the number stood for. "oh my I'm the 3rd" he slightly chuckled felling a little bit relieved he wasn't anywhere important. However, while the commander carried on her speech, he couldn't help but wonder how his got so high and who the man by the name Assassin really was. Interesting he thought nurturing the idea of having competitions around.

With the commander done for the day Ace quickly turned to take his leave when he noticed a slight pause in the commander’s tone. Instinctively he knew what it meant but couldn't pinpoint what it aimed at. A compromise he wondered as he turned to face the commander

“We could continue the training excercises, this time with something a little more...fun. A bit of dueling, should you find yourself interested.”

”Now you have my attention” Ghost replied causing Hazuki to ponder his actions for a bit.

With a slight nod he too eventually conceded stepping forward to join the circle. "I'm in"
Last edited by Phantom-T on Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 355

Hazuki Ryuga + Kin Ryuu || Like a shadow, I am and I am not
XIII
Founder
Kidou Corps Commander]
Slayer of Wretched Lions

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by XIII » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:39 pm

Bonus spoiler:

A brief explanation for why the scores are the way they are. Effectively speaking Ace and Assassin were nearly identical in terms of skill and level of consideration that I observed from the respective attempts. However what set Assassin’s trial apart from everyone else’s work lies in his execution. I was extra impressed by how he set up part of his second attempt with the first. It probably would’ve been a perfect score in that case but I felt the third attempt was overdoing just a tad. Would’ve been awesome if he realized the first two were good enough and called it there.

As for ghost I’ve explained as much in character so I haven’t much else to add in this regard.

Then mine... I was having a bit of fun, but at the same time establishing a scenario where one could solve all three trials simultaneously and with a single (moderate level) spell speaks for itself, especially in contrast to use of multiple spells and in some cases high level spells. And then one upping my first break into the action by like a lot. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ seemed only adequate that I’d break the scales for something that was only supposed to rate a single trial, not... uhhh 3.

“As expected. So be it then, however we will keep things in the nature of the Kidou Corps here. What this will mean that anything beyond your movement techniques and Kidou is strictly forbidden.”

She said while turning away from them. Instead she seemed to be typing away a a holographic keyboard that had suddenly appeared before her with a flick of the wrist.

“The rules are simple. Before the match each of you will be given a certain amount of points to use. Each spell costs it’s level in points, sho will cost one point, while Kurohitsugi will cost 90. If you run out, you will lose automatically. Additionally every 5th spell you use will increase the amount of points you use by two time. So the the fifth spell will cost double, the tenth spell will be four times as much, and so on. You must defeat your opponent using only Kidou, while also not running out of points in the process.”

She turned back to them and smirked.

“Considering your current levels of skill this should be good enough for you to handle. There is... are much more extreme versions of this training exercise I have in mind, but for now this should be enough to test out this relatively new idea of mine... this practice duel should... um... let me work out the kinks if any come up.”

I had been thinking about this for a very long time, but the rules I have only just created now as I was struggling to figure out exactly how I wanted it to work. I’ll probably be using this first potential match as a test case to see how things go, and make necessary adjustments if need be. Eventually I want to add this as a side event for the coliseum once I perfect the rules.
To reiterate the rules here.
  • This is a duel of Kidou only.
  • Use of weapons or any other form of offense/ defense that isn’t Kidou is forbidden.
  • You may use shunpo however.
  • Each participant will be given a certain amount of points. (This number can vary between matches for this first time we’ll start with 200)
  • Each spell costs it’s level in point.
  • Every 5th spell will double the point cost.
  • The match will end once one combatant is unable to continue the match, or if one runs out of points.
Last edited by XIII on Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:54 pm, edited 3 times in total. word count: 621

Akugaranwa Itachi

Post by Akugaranwa Itachi » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:59 am

With nothing more than his resolve set in stone, Ghost looked upon the keyboard that had suddenly appeared from nothing, it was as if it Sovereign was linked to the very room which they gathered as she could make things appear when she wanted them and where she wanted them this she had shown multiple times.

With the rules made known to them, the second trial was set to begin, now what the fall Man was yet to understand was who his opponent was, was. It Ace? or Assassin? He figured the latter would probably seek him out considering his last attempt on Assassin. Maybe they were to fight against each other at random and at the same time in what would be like a royal rumble.

And Ghost noticed it, the change in the atmosphere, the air had shifted and the tension could be felt in the air they breathe it was a sign that this very moment, the fate of each combatant present in the room lied on who made the first move. That decisive move could be the turn around, could be what changes things for any of them. They stood still and so did Ghost, taking his time to assess his options and what the possible option was for him and then he found one. A way that served a purpose and a door to many other options.

”Kyyoko” As silent as he could, with his Reiatsu suppressed to its minimum, Ghost moves to bend the light around him an a bid to conceal himself from the others, to conceal his movements and any other Kido spell he was to use in the future would also be concealed and would not easily be felt by the others. Away from sight and with his presence, Reiatsu presence lost, Ghost watched on what the other two would do.
word count: 310
For I am Supreme
Aegis Raiu

RP Leader

Post by Aegis Raiu » Wed May 01, 2019 6:58 pm

As he approached, the words of Sovereign became more pronounced and passed its message, first the appearance of their respective scores before them, and then the notification of a second trial though participation was left to choice rather than its earlier compulsory counterpart.

'A bit of dueling' was all he needed to persuade him_Assassin into this second event. Absorbing the rules of the game and setting his eye on his target, said target slowly morphed into nothingness, hidden from sight and reiatsu perception, a behavior fitting for his name - Ghost, however, he_Assassin would soon show the origin of his.

Assassin owed him, and just as Sovereign was done talking, the whispered words "Noren Mekuri" sank into the cold atmosphere as Assassin pulled his right hand across his face as though stripping a curtain open.

"There you are," said Assassin, before darting off against the still air, with a single nearly untraceable step, he appeared before Ghost with his right open palm motioning towards the man's midsection. Yet, despite the incredible pace, an orb of cerulean blue had materialized on Assassin's palm before he arrived before the man named Ghost. An effect brought about by an earlier second whisper "Seki," just before he attempted smashing his palm against the man before him. If it were to successfully connect with the man's torso, the repulsive force of the grown orb would be strong enough to smash him tens of meters away even if he were to physically block without special aid.

Still, he was not done, this simple move was merely a gimmick to execute his true intent. Now if Ghost somehow maneuvered to the side to avoid the initial smash, he would find Assassin's left index finger facing him at waist length with the words "Byakurai," deeply intoned. Then instantly, a massive current of pale lightning would rage forth in a bid to strike and assassinate it's current victim, Ghost. If successful, Ghost would suffer severe electrocution, major 3rd degree burns and temporal body numbness.
word count: 341
Akugaranwa Itachi

Post by Akugaranwa Itachi » Thu May 02, 2019 11:05 am

Moments after he Arthur had slipped into the shadows, he felt it, the rise and pumping Reiatsu building up for an attack or so he imagined. Arthur wasn’t sure he was the target, but he knew who the perpetrator was and so he chose to see how things would play out.

Assassin appeared before Arthur using a speed he could follow and clearly see, it was almost as if the man could see him....”He can see me? This is going to be fun” His thoughts became clear on his face as he lowered the bottom part of his lip to form a smile.

Assassin had his way, the Force from his Kido pushed Ghost to the wall as he crashed into it, the man wasn’t done with him yet as he followed up releasing a pale lightning that struck at the Dayne Head thus creating multiple burns. Simultaneously, just as the man called Assassin had attacked, Arthur would employ his Shunpo to its maximum to appear behind the man with his hands outstretched and a yellow lightning Kido Tsuzuri Raiden[1] already released with the aim of blowing off the man’s skull should it make contact. For the best offense is to lure your opponent into a false sense of security, making him think he has achieved his goal but....... his suppressed Reiatsu to the limit would make it difficult to perceive his movement till it is almost too late.

A closer look would reveal that Arthur was no longer where he stood, the upper part of his top was removed and was seen on the floor burnt and scattered, it would be noted that what was damaged and hurt was a speed clone which he Arthur Dayne had swapped places with......this was the secret art of the Omnistikudo stealth force movement Utsusemi[2], a skill the tall white haired man had mastered.

[1] Hadou 11: Bound Lightning (Tsuzuri Raiden)
-Electric current flows through any object the user touches and is able to leadelectricity, damaging any target that is in
contact with the object the current runs through.

[2]Utsusemi (空蝉, Cast-Off Cicada Shell; Viz "Cicada Shell") is an advanced Shunpo technique. It falls under the category of Way of Onmitsu, 3rd of the Shihō. The practitioner moves at great speed to avoid an attack, leaving an afterimage which can appear to have taken damage.
Last edited by Akugaranwa Itachi on Thu May 02, 2019 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 400
For I am Supreme
XIII
Founder
Kidou Corps Commander]
Slayer of Wretched Lions

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by XIII » Thu May 02, 2019 2:55 pm

For future reference guys, only numbered spells are allowed. Given the nature of the competition it difficult to assess non-numbered spells and it only serves to complicate things. For now, I will be considered the use of Noren Mekuri as a level 10 spell.
“Yikes!”

Emi jumped back and away from all the action. The team’s thirst for battle had mad them hasty and they’d wasted no time rushing into combat. Shaking her head, Emi snapped her fingers prompting the score board to activate. Numbers flashed up on the screen, displaying
Assassin’s score as 188, but then “penalty” flashed on the screen and the score changed to 178. Then Ghost’s name appeared underneath alongside his score of 163, putting Assassin just slightly in the lead.

“Ahem! Good luck guys!”
word count: 134

Aegis Raiu

RP Leader

Post by Aegis Raiu » Thu May 02, 2019 6:44 pm

Quickly he understood his mistake, and readjusted his approach. He_Assassin, had struck a target and still found a floating haori before him despite the repulsed movement of the target, and in that instant he realized the technique employed, a masterful technique now poorly executed by his current adversary or so he thought. He knew it, for he was the former Captain of the 2nd Division and Head of the Onmitsukido, and knowing this, he too was not happy with himself.

He was faced against a grandmaster of speed just like himself and so he had to do what needed to be done, but first the resounding words of another lightning spell hit his ears just as he noticed the dense air and shadow formation behind him. Instinctively, he tilted his head and body to the left slightly and at top movement speed, and unsuccessfully, the yellow lightning current swished past the big man.

He'd turn with the momentum to face the Ghost lad but long before he could make a full turn the words "Sai," resonated in an attempt to bind Ghost's currently outstretched arm behind him, and knowing this was not effective enough to keep a kido master in place, he only hoped to get a slight delay in his response for the following word "Byakurai," which he uttered instantly, to unleash another surge of pale electricity from his right index finger towards Ghost's general chest and neck area.

However, given the new change in location, the ensuing white lightning would be on course to strike the third Shinigami behind, if Ghost were to somehow evade the strike.
Last edited by Aegis Raiu on Thu May 02, 2019 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 273
Akugaranwa Itachi

Post by Akugaranwa Itachi » Fri May 03, 2019 8:30 am

Just an inch closer and the lightning would have taken off his targets head, at the last minute Assassin had his head tilted to the right just as Ghost had let go of the spell. Now, he was open and in a position to be taken advantage of or so he wanted his opponent to think. Ghost felt a low binding spell take over him, he knew that such spell was too weak to hold him but he let it happen anyway since at the present moment there was absolutely no need for him to move. ”this again?” Ghost factored that out as the man repeated the same spell at him again..... only this time he was much closer.

”Shou” Ghost whispered, the force from the spell would clash with the pale lightning traveling in a straight line and thus dispel it which would at the same time push Assassin away should it make contact with the man. Simultaneously, a little release of Reiatsu was enough for Ghost to break free from weak bind.... however the man had other plans. Ghost moved, appearing behind the huge man about 3m in a crushed form with his body glowing red that indicated that Geki was active, Ghost placed his right hand on the ground as it was coated in yellow Electricity.... ”Tezuri Raiden” He would let loose the electricity as it would run forward across the ground with the aim of electrocuting those whose legs are touching the floor.....for the ground itself is a good conductor of electricity....which would cause severe burns, paralysis and body numbness. With Assassin being the closest to its origin should suffer the most effect.
Last edited by Akugaranwa Itachi on Fri May 03, 2019 8:46 am, edited 3 times in total. word count: 279
For I am Supreme
Phantom-T
User Title: [8th Captain] Shadow Walker

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by Phantom-T » Mon May 06, 2019 1:23 am

With his intentions made clear, The commander quickly went ahead to lay down the ground rules, restricting combat to only the use of spells and quick motion mastery. Interesting Hazuki thought, with his guard piqued to contain his opponents. He knew little about what they had in mind but his aim this time was to win the duel and so he'd thought would be general for all of them. However he would make no moves till he was sure he got the rules straight.

With the commanders conclusion a silent panic sailed through the air with Ghost acting first before anyother. He seemed to have gotten the point and quickly chose to cloak himself. Well not that it mattered Hazuki thought knowing well enough the abilities he too possessed.

Looking over his shoulder to Assassin who he already considered a stumbling block on his path. He immediately came to see, the actions of a quick man aimed to grab the Ghost by his neck.

Darius? he mentaly puzzled, with a smile slowly carved into his face while he made steady steps backwards, giving both combatant their space. He could tell a lot about people he'd meet before and Assassin seemed to move just like an old companion of his. Or was he wrong he wondered, raising his left hand to reveal red flames of shakkaho building up on his palm.

There was only one way to find out who and what he was against he mentaly acknowledge as he observed Ghost position unvailed to the mass. A few more attacks followed swiftly but all ended up in a switch in position which left Assassin further ahead while ghost approached from the rare.

Uzilizing the opportunity 3 phantom images immediately tore out from him, with all carrying thesame red flames he had activated on his palm.

To all practitioner of speed this simple act would easily pass as speed clones if not overy attentive in the first place. However they where nothing more than after images which Ace had induced using only a clone on constant motion in other to keep their forms steady.

The real combatant Ace, had switched with another clone who was apparently hosting the red flame on his palm the moment he'd stepped back. The flames held in hand by his clone was one he had conjured there in testimony to his control in other to maintain absolute diception.

Skillfully he had blended his motion 5 meters behind his clone to match it's posture and that of the after images which now acted as a curtain between him and the other combatant. He'd doubt his opponent would observe his switch in the heat of their battle or pick up on his position with his reiatsu supressed .

However with lightning sparks traveling through the air and ground eventually incited by another wave of lightning, Ace would come to realize he had the right space and time to act and as such would only command his clones to attack in his stead. With both jumping over the bolts of lighting to rise to the wind like suspended air divers, He too will temporarily lift from the ground only to allow the streak of lightning travel through while he'd observe his clone throw forward his arm releasing the shakkaho he had placed in its hands.

His attack would aim for the crouched Ghost but not so far from Assassin either in other to cause a rift between assassin and Ghost while the after images dispels at the change in their motions.

The effect of the shakaho would be enough to raise a high mushroom cloud of flames capable of engulfing a 30 meter radius to seriously burn both combatant if they maintained their ground.

However, Hazuki would maintain focused gaze on Both combatant especially the character ghost who was found of sneak attacks. "Hello Ghost", "Hello Assassin" a blurry image of Hazuki(Both Speed clone) would whisper into their ears following up their motions with both trying to tag each one of them with a kick to their spine.
Last edited by Phantom-T on Mon May 06, 2019 4:34 am, edited 5 times in total. word count: 685
Reason: making clear my attack

Hazuki Ryuga + Kin Ryuu || Like a shadow, I am and I am not
Aegis Raiu

RP Leader

Post by Aegis Raiu » Tue May 07, 2019 2:50 pm

He was successful, by 50% at least, yet his actual offense was thwarted by a far lesser spell known as Sho, surprised, he wondered if that was even possible. Nonetheless, the push dispelled his lightning streak and Ghost himself moved once again, utilizing shunpo to get behind a bigger Assassin who could clearly follow his movements, it was no surprise the big man spotted the red aura Ghost boasted.

At this point, Assassin would normally release a full strength reiatsu blast but he was restricted by the rules of the test, and as such he only wrapped himself in his own spiritual abundance which happened to also be red in color, perhaps it would be enough to goad the assailant into believing his meager binding spell had taken full residence. The battle drums were loud and they all danced to it, at least that became true when Ace's clones darted towards them at the same time as Ghost released a grounded lightning current. Certainly, Assassin was closest to the incoming wave, though still facing the clones, he threw his entire mass towards the left with both legs fanning the air and head faced downwards, he watched the yellow crackling wave surge past beneath him towards the other evading entities not too far ahead.

With Assassin now clear from their path, they approached a crouched Ghost with a destructive red spell, which should probably come as a surprise to him considering Assassin's huge size which had masked their advancement to this point.

And before long, the reddish cannon of flame was let loose unto the arena, causing Assassin to dart in the opposite direction of the advancing hue of destruction, safe and out of the blast, he came to observe the helm of his tight outfit was subject to the wide blast.

As the ticking hands of time slowed, a voice whispered within his ears from behind as he was still in motion, 'Hello Assassin.' "What?" replied Assassin with dilated pupils, signaling shock, not at the surprise attack but at the unmistaken familiarity of the voice which spoke. The figure possessed no spirit pressure but its stealthy advantage was given away by the words he spoke earlier. Attempting to land a kick to Assassin's spine, he would meet thin air as Assassin would turn the table to appear in the same spot behind the assailant, with his right index finger placed at the right side of the target's neck, the words "Sho" resounded from Assassin's lips, and unleashed a powerful bullet of pressured air. Piercing the figure before him by the neck and almost 35m away from the rest of the crew, the target succumbed and vanished into space. "Hazuki."
word count: 454
XIII
Founder
Kidou Corps Commander]
Slayer of Wretched Lions

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by XIII » Tue May 07, 2019 7:48 pm

Emi simply stood with her arms crossed over her chest as she watched the events unfold in front of her. She wondered if they’d learned anything useful from the previous trial. It was one thing to solve a singular issue in multiple attempts, but in a real situation with countless variable and otherwise unpredictable elements things were much more different. Each move had a level of risk associated. One had to learn and act intelligently as mistakes could cost one’s life or the life of the others.

What was rapidly becoming clear yet is that haven’t yet grasped the true fundamentals of Kidou user. Spells were not weapons, nor tools. Each spell was a solution to a problem, and so far Emi was convinced that anyone wears trying to solve the current problem at hand. Worse yet, their avoidance of using spells was not the answer either.

“Ah! You’ve all developed so many fighting styles but none of them make proper use of Kidou! We are the Kidou Corps our job is to use Kidou! You’re thinking like warriors and not mages. You’re too direction. You opponents are problems, your spells are the solution. But which ones? Study your opponents, consider the way the act, and then consider your arsenal... AND STRIKE! You think you can defeat an opponent using such weak spells in such a sorry fashion? You upset me!

If your opponent is on the floor it won’t matter how many points you used. The real game is being smart, not conservative.”

She paused for a moment, giving them a moment to digest her advice and criticism then continued.

“If your opponent is fleeting and dodges, give them something they can’t dodge. If your opponent is defensive, break through their shield or even consider going around it. Assess, think, act. Assess, think, act. Assess, think, act.”

At that point the scoreboard updated to display everyone’s current scores.

[Assassin: 181 | 2x Spell Cost
Ghost: 151
Ace: 200]
word count: 337

Akugaranwa Itachi

Post by Akugaranwa Itachi » Wed May 08, 2019 3:02 am

With his focus sharp, his adrenalin pumped up as the blood of excitement rushed through his veins, when was the last time he felt this way? Arthur could not remember for all he knew was that he was at the peak of battle joy he had long sort for.

With the lightning racing through the ground and Assassin’s huge body serving as an obstruction to his view, Arthur was left to rely on his keen sense of perception which was able to pick up even the little trace of Reiatsu employed, and it did. Still crushed the way that he was, he felt the sense of Kido being employed, not Assassin for he was directly before him.....”Ace?” he momentarily thought as his animal instincts kicked in immediately, still keeping his hands on the ground Arthur would call out a Kido spell... ”Enkosen” He called out and a shield of condensed Reiatsu answered his call which was able to block and withstand the effects of Shakkaho. Moving so fast in a still motion that 5clones would appear before him with one moving forward to engage the incoming Ace as Arthur would suspect to be a clone.

The other four would stand at 4 cardinal points with Arthur standing at the 5th, ”Tanzahio, Hado 90 Kurohitsugi casting it at Ace, Ace’ clone, Ghost’s clone that ran to face Ace and Assassin who now appeared behind Ace in an attempt to land a drop kick on him with the aim to trap all combatants in the pyramid spanning around 40meters. and at the same time, his clone inside the pyramid would set off a Kido should the pyramid succeed in trapping them a box of black energy would form around Ace and Assassin which would move to pierce them with dozens of energy "spears", lacerating them inside from head to toe should the Kido hit.

The 4 clones outside as well as Ghost would serve to maintain the strength of the Pyramid outside the pyramid.
Last edited by Akugaranwa Itachi on Wed May 08, 2019 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total. word count: 335
For I am Supreme
XIII
Founder
Kidou Corps Commander]
Slayer of Wretched Lions

Administrator

RP Leader

Post by XIII » Wed May 08, 2019 12:48 pm

For anyone needing further, step by step instruction on how to make better use of their Kidou I am willing to provide it. You simply need to state as much.
All of a sudden, as soon as the words Kurohitsugi hit the air. The room turned red and then the light focused on Ghost. Then after a rather sinister voice shouted for all of the heavens to hear.

PLAYER ELIMINATED

The light would transform and become a barrier encasing Ghost and would prevent him from further participating in the competition. His spells, before being able to hit anyone would turn to dust. A moment later, the scoreboard would update to reveal the issue.

[Assassin: 181 | 2x Spell Cost
Ghost: -68
Ace: 200]

“What even is the point of training if none of you actually improve from it? Assess, THINK, act. Would a wolf charge in to a herd of buffalo? I think not. It was observed the numerous adults that could easily stomp it out in a heartbeat. It would wait for one of the youn, old, or sick to separate from the group, then strike when it attack would not only be safest but most effective. You must learn to do the same.

So, Ghost yet again allowed himself to become the source of a valuable lesson. Kidou doesn’t come free. When our energy reserves get low, casting a spell of such magnitude may as well be throwing your own life away. Resources must be managed wisely, especially in the endgame after you and your opponent have been beaten bloody.

Do you understand this delicate balance now? You can’t waste energy, you can’t conserve it, then what? Be smarter, do better. Get the most out of every last spell. A spell alone is a spell wasted. Approach things as I would, and have done. Remember your trial from only moments ago and my solution. One spell, three solutions. Had ghost learned this lesson, he would not be where he is now.

Everything we do here is to teach you the importance of effective spellcasting. If I must continue to teach these lesson why consider any of you among the Kidou Elite? Take things more seriously... Ghost, you’re dismissed.”

The light lifted and Ghost would be free to leave as per Emi’s directive, but any spells he used from this point would simply fade away.
@Akugaranwa Itachi
Remember the rules stated that the 5th spell would double the point cost. Enkōsen was your fifth while Kurohitsugi was your sixth making it cost a total of 180 points (90x2=180). You’ve effectively eliminated yourself.

Now, I know I said points won’t matter if your opponent is on the floor. In saying that, I didn’t mean use literally all of them and flow into the negatives. I meant, deal carefully places decisive blows. Use your spells smarter.
Again I have to reiterate the fact that simply using a spell in such a straight forward manner is inadequate. Think outside the box, be less direct.
Last edited by XIII on Wed May 08, 2019 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 511

Return to “Central 46”