Arc's Return

For testing purposes.
Fluxarc

RP Leader

Arc's Return

Post by Fluxarc » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:53 pm

It was somewhat windy atop the bluff. Below, tall blades of dull green grass swayed in bunches like monks at prayer. The wind whistled dully, and every now and then it wailed, as though sighting upon something unpleasant.

Arc found the wailing funny. But then, he found shifting dirt funny. He sat crosslegged atop the windblown, grassy bluff overlookin the rolling grasslands that stretched across Rukongai's eastern hinterlands, and was bent forwards, shoulders hunched, his hands over his face.

Suddenly a tall, slender silhoutte appeared behind him.

"You took my chocolate dragees."

Arc froze, then slowly turned around to look up at the new arrival, his lips pursed and flanked by swollen, lumpy cheeks.

"Huh?" He squeezed out, going for an innocent expression.

Dark violet eyes cut balefully down at Arc.

"Why are you here?"

word count: 136
FLUXARC | KARA MASTERS
Fluxarc

RP Leader

Re: Arc's Return

Post by Fluxarc » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:32 am

It filled every inch of Kara's vision- a stormy, swirling ink-dark mass thundering towards her with implacable malevolence. It's evil force hammered down around her shoulders, making it impossible for her to rise from her knees. All she was able to do was watch its terrible approach, and feel an unfathomable chill creep up through her body- the quiet, insidious breath of doom.

Beside her lay the motionless body of her brother. His eyes gazed sightlessly up at the barren night sky, the pale moons reflected dully in the dark, placid pools of his lifeless eyes.

"I couldn't..." Kara whispered in a shaky voice, eyes half-closed and glistening with tears. "I tried to... brother. With everything I had, I tried. I am ... so ... sorry..."

And then she couldn't speak anymore, her voice strangled by the hard, icy knot of grief that had risen into her throat. Her arms shook. The ground shook. The thunder of the black sphere filled her ears, obliterating all other sounds or sensations. Kara shut her eyes, and let go.
She had done everything she could...

Fool.

Kara's eyes sprung open.

word count: 192
FLUXARC | KARA MASTERS

Return to “Testing”