[13th Division] Kara Masters

Fluxarc
Kan: 172.70 

RP Leader

[13th Division] Kara Masters

Post by Fluxarc » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:20 am

KARA MASTERS

Description/Appearance

Kara Masters is an asian female, standing at 5 feet and 4 inches, and weighing about 120 pounds. She has shoulder-length dark hair and large, heavily-lashed, slightly slanted amber eyes. Kara possesses a slight, athletic build.

Kara Masters wears a sleeveless shikahusho (shinigami uniform), with a customized black leather top. She wears no makeup or jewelry. Kara wears steel-plated, fingerless gloves, which help her defend against attacks from bladed weapons. Kara's white haori is customized into a waist sash with two 'tails' hanging to her knees on her left side.

Personality and Characteristics

Having been raised and trained by a strict, ascetic order of monks, Kara possesses great self-discipline. She is soft-spoken but typically direct when speaking. Kara is capable of extraordinary focus, enabling her to complete tasks or objectives much quicker than most. She is an incredibly gifted empath, able to discern the emotions and motives of others even after a short meeting; her deeply sympathetic nature is not always a gift, as she can sometimes become too deeply entangled in others' feelings.

Kara's sense of humor is somewhat off-kilter, and she doesn't always catch on to the wit or humor of others. Kara possesses a very strong moral center and code, passed on to her by the order that raised her. She hates injustice, and will fight it fierely and selflessly whereever and whenever she finds it.

Kara is completely freaked out by racoons, and hates sleeping on her belly. She's a devout vegetarian, and a fitness fanatic, spending most of her days working out or training. Kara also loves books, and collects them wherever she can; she especially loves epic poems dealing with questions of mortality or divinity.

Before any battle she deems important, Kara will usually paint a stripe on either side of her face, high on her cheeks, using a special red paint she keeps in a vial tied to her sash. This is a special meditative ritual practiced by the monks of the Order of Vigilants, and a reminder to herself of where she comes from, and the teachings of the order.

Fighting Style

Kara prefers unarmed martial arts to any other, and has developed a very strong instinct for hand-to-hand combat. She doesn't like bladed weapons, but will sometimes use a staff, batons or other unbladed fighting tools.

Kara has studied most hand-to-hand techniques and ardently practices them, continuing to improve her skill. She is also very quick, and combines this with her martial arts to deadly effect.

As Kara possesses the 'Ambrosia' aspect of the Prime Potential, she has no detectable spirit energy, and is completely unable to use Kido.

History

Mortimis, a powerful Death God and Psion, fell in love with Majutsuchi Yoru No Kama, the most powerful Red Shard who ever lived. They had two children, Korran Warlok, and Yana Yoru No Kama.

Following the Battle of Emerald Forge, where Majutsuchi and his master Varst- a being of mythical psionic powers- lost against Scion, a group sworn to protect the known worlds, Majutsuchi instructed Mortimis to flee into hiding with their children, and raise them to exact vengeance on Scion and their allies.

Despite Mortimis' efforts, she was eventually found by agents of Scion. They defeated Mortimis, and took her children, Korran and Yana, into their custody.

Korran and Yana where given to the Order of Vigilants, where they would learn the ways of the secret society and learn to control their powers. It was soon discovered that both siblings were Prime Potentials, beings with the potential of activating the Chaos Core, a source of immeasurable power born at the very beginnings of the Cosmos. However, Korran- like his father- also possessed a Red Shard, part of a corrupt and unfathomably malevolent entity known as the Red Demon. When they attempted to expel the demon, the Vigilants and Scion realized, too late, that Korran had already fallen under its influence. Korran was able to defeat them, and he fled the Order, and vanished.

Knocked off balance and uncertain, the Order of Vigilants decided to seal Yana away, to forestall any chance of the demon taking possession of her as it did her brother. However, Tayatra Vhandri and most of Scion argued against it, believing that in doing so they might lose their best chance of defeating Korran Warlok, should he ever harness the Red Shard's full power, as Yana could potentially unlock the Chaos Core before Korran did.

Five years on, and despite Scion's fervent pleas, the Order went forward with their plan to seal Yana. Unbeknowst to them, Yana was already aware of their intentions, and, before they could enact them, she fled the Order, determined to find her brother and save him from the Red Shard.

Using her Ambrosia aspect to her advantage, Kara avoided detection by the Order, and found her way to Soul Society's Gotei Thirteen. Yana changed her name to Kara Masters and joined one of the prestigious squads, where she would hone her powers and continue her search for her brother, Korran Warlok.

Last edited by Fluxarc on Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:12 am, edited 3 times in total. word count: 861
THE CHRONICLES OF KARA
FLUXARC | KARA MASTERS
Fluxarc

RP Leader

Re: [13th Division] Kara Masters

Post by Fluxarc » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:58 pm

[35 CBS]
[+3 CBS] For contributions towards the race expansion project
[+2 CBS] For contributions to Zanpakutou Review
[+2 CBS] For contributions to Forum development
[+3 CBS] For Mission, 'Monkey Business'
[+4 CBS] For Mission, 'Remembrance of Things Past'
[+3 CBS] For Spar, 'Rage of the Lightning God'
[+4 CBS] For Mission, 'Red Dawn, Pt. 1]
[+2 CBS] For Ash Event, Phase 1 Survival Reward
[58 CBS]

Level: 58

Powers & Abilities

Reiatsu [A]

I now sit among the upper ranks of elite spiritual beings. Now possessing an enormous amount of spiritual power, performing an extended number of high level techniques becomes completely possible. Even using mid-level techniques feels almost inconsequential now. Furthermore my power can be felt over great distances even when slightly restrained, and with enough control I could even cause moderate harm using my reiatsu alone.

Strength [A+]

For where I am now, my power measuring my power in extremes is starting to become paltry. An attack using strength alone could knock back a larger opponent by over vast distances, with lasting, critical damage. As of now my attacks have become capable of toppling small mountains. Obviously my attacks could drastically hurt those weaker than me, while those of similar constitution would take care now to eat too many of them either . While,throwing something as heavy as a blue whale could be effective in combat. I've become strong so strong that even the shockwaves my attack produce can cause massive fissures in the ground to rip open.

Durability [A+]

Bring me your strongest, so that I may embarrass them with my defensive might. I have evolved into a being of enormous resilience. Most heavy blows will find themselves lacking if not somehow reinforced, or able to mitigate my massive defensive presence. If you haven't realized it already, I can take a beating of immense proportions and still come out swinging with relatively little damage.

Endurance [B+]

As an example of peak conditioning, it would take a notable level of high intensity activity before I would break a sweat. Even still, it would take a rather dedicated effort to slow me down.

Reiatsu Control [E]

Cannot control reiatsu at all, unless a device does it.
  • Cannot channel reiatsu.
  • Reiatsu A+ and up: Full reiatsu is channeled uncontrollably to whatever the character touches.
  • Cannot cast kidou or cero.

Zanjutsu [E]

At this level I exhibit a total lack of knowledge and or skill. I have no idea I am doing. Any attack I do would be based on instinct and guesses. At best swings are imprecise and leave many openings for counter-attacks, parries, and the like. Even a solid impact might knock the blade from the my hand. It's almost a wonder that if I would be capable of buttering toast. Of course, someone a bit more knowledgeable would use a butter knife.

Hakuda [S]

Nearing the peak of my skills, I am now recognized as a Grandmaster of the art. Grandmasters have gone beyond mere training and techniques. Their full understanding of the art's theory allows insights that no lesser artist could conceive. Their body reacts as needed or desired with little, if any, thought required for any situation. This is not to say that they cannot be surprised by a clever tactic, but it is unlikely to be as effective, if at all, a second time. In terms of power, a touch can have the force of a bomb, merely sever a certain nerve, or devastate an area.

Hohou [S]

Now being recognized as a Grandmaster, I have transcended all formal understandings of speed prior to this level. In fact, the extent of my capabilities is so great that most movements become difficult if not impossible to comprehend without complete focus. I have also been known to be capable of creating at most 5 clones of myself at once. These clones are indistinguishable from the my true self and mimic my movements, but they do not last long.

Zanpakutou Mastery [C+]

(Shikai/Resureccion): 4th ability unlocked, 3rd ability mastered.

Last edited by Fluxarc on Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:24 am, edited 6 times in total. word count: 677
THE CHRONICLES OF KARA
FLUXARC | KARA MASTERS
Fluxarc

RP Leader

Re: [13th Division] Kara Masters

Post by Fluxarc » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:45 pm

KAMI NO CHIKAI / 神の誓い / GODSWORN

Pre-release Form
Godsworn is a full-time release type zanpakutou, and so has no sealed form.

Release Form
Godsworn has no release form.

Inner World
Kara's inner world is a vast realm of dark mountains under an eternal ice storm. At the center of the realm is a glade where a solitary tower of white marble stands.

Soul Slayer Spirit
Kara's inner world is ruled by two beings, Helm - an imperious and disdainful, white-haired female child- and Hallow- a quiet, impassive black-haired male child. Helm resides in a white-marble tower at the center of Kara's inner world, while Hallow inhabits the barren hills and mountains surrounding Helm's tower.

[GODSWORN]
SHIKAI / INITIAL RELEASE ABILITIES

Yoru no Yūrei / 夜の幽霊 / Ghost in the Night (Passive)

Kara Masters is a Prime Potential- otherwise known as an Aegean- which means that her lifeforce is linked inextricably to a preeminent cosmic entity known as Ambrosia. This link is called the Ambrosia Aspect, and is the source of Kara's extraordinary abilities, allowing her to manipulate two energies- quantum and psionic.

Ambrosia Aspect also enhances Kara's spiritual awareness or Reikaku, to a level greater even than those who have mastered Reikaku Senken, a high-level spirit awareness technique by which one can deduce even the intent of a given spiritual pressure, the exact strength of an attack or defense, or even the hidden potential of a spiritual creature. Kara herself, however, is immune to the Reikaku of others, her own spiritual pressure being virtually erased by her Ambrosia Aspect, with the exception of those most proficient in Reikaku Senken, who may gain only a hazy awareness of Kara's reiatsu. This has led to certain individuals giving her the nickname Geist, meaning 'Ghost', as she is virtually impossible to track using Reikaku or spiritual energy perception.

However, Kara's Ambrosia Aspect prevents her from molding her reiatsu. She can't, for example, use her own spiritual pressure to dampen the impact of a blow. She also cannot produce kido at all. The one exception to this is Flash Step. It has been speculated that Kara's ability to use flash step is due in part to the 'reiatsu burst' nature of the technique. Kara cannot use flash-step over long distances however, but for short 'dashes' only, say no more than 10 meters.

Kōjun no Ten no Ken / 降順の天の拳 / Descending Heavens Fist (Active)

The core mechanic of Kara's Descending Heavens Fist ability is very simple. By using concentrated psionic energy, Kara is able to augment her melee attacks with devastating force. This concentrated psionic energy can be used in one of two ways: by detonating it on impact, or by forcing it into a body or mass and detonating it from within, the latter producing a more devastating effect.
While Descending Heavens Fist draws an unusually low amount of spirit power, it exacts a greater mental toll, leading to a drop in physical abilities such as speed and strength.
When Descending Heavens Fist is activated at a striking point (fist, hand, feet etc), it glows white. This glow is brighter the higher the level of Descending Heavens Fist used, being near invisible at Descending Heavens Fist ' lowest level, and blinding at its most powerful.

--Technical Details
I. Reiatsu Cost - 0.25% for destructive power equal to lvl 1 kido; (0.25) x2 for destructive power equal to lvl 2 kido, etc.
II. Mental Energy Cost - 0.50% for destructive power equal to lvl 1 Kido; (0.50) x2 for destructive power equal to lvl 2 kido, etc.
(The % Mental Cost causes a similar % loss in speed and strength)
III. Forcing the psionic energy into a body doubles the destructive power and mental cost; the spiritual energy required remains the same.
IV. Lost speed and strength is regained by 1% per 2 posts the ability is not used. Spent reiatsu is recovered at universal rate.
V. Internal detonation of psionic energy cannot be performed on sentient organic lifeforms.

Kami no Te / 神の手 / Divinity’s Hand (Active/Passive)

The most powerful and versatile of powers gifted to Kara by her Ambrosia Aspect. Divinity’s Hand gives Kara complete control over physical matter and elemental energies (fire, lightning/electricity) using telekinesis/psionic energy. Kara cannot control non-elemental kido or spiritual energies. Kara's control over matter extends to the molecular level. To control matter, Kara must first take hold of it with her psionic powers. This is called the telekinetic grasp, and costs spirit power. Once the matter is grasped, the cost to maintain the hold (telekinetic hold) becomes mental. The only limit to Divinity’s Hand is the amount of spiritual and mental power Kara possesses at any given time.

Kara can choose to control a whole object, or control its molecules/particles. This allows her to take an object apart and reform or reshape it. She could also control molecular energy, which determines the objects state of matter i.e. solid, liquid, gas. For example, Kara could increase the molecular energy of a rock, taking up its temperature and turning it to magma, or could reduce the molecular energy of water, turning it to ice. Molecular telekinesis costs more than normal telekinesis in terms of mental energy, as Kara's focus is split between each molecule being manipulated.

-Telekinetic Awareness
While not an ability in and of itself, it is worth noting that Kara can sense things through any object under her telekinetic hold, in much the same way one can feel vibrations through a surface one has a hand pressed to, or feel the flow of water shift around you when something passes by.

--Technical Details
I. Physical Matter Manipulation - Telekinetic grasp for one (1) ton of weight costs 0.25% of Kara's spirit energy. Telekinetic hold costs 0.15% of mental energy (minus 0.15% strength and speed) per post, with an additional 0.05% mental energy per post for every one feet of distance between Kara and the object being held. Molecular manipulation of physical matter costs an additional 0.15% mental energy per post for every 1 ton of matter.
II. Energy Manipulation - Telekinetic grasp for any given mass of energy will require half as much spirit energy on Kara's part as it originally cost to create the energy. Telekinetic hold would cost 0.05% of mental energy (minus 0.05% strength and speed) per post, with an additional 0.02% mental energy per post for every one feet of distance between Kara and the energy being held. Molecular manipulation of energies costs an additional 0.05% mental energy per post.
III. Objects/energies physically or mentally linked with another sentient being cannot be controlled; this includes articles of clothes being worn, objects being held, or energies being manipulated by another, whether physically or by mind or spirit energy.
IV. The telekinetic grasp occurs at the speed of thought.
V. Lost speed and strength is regained by 1% per 2 posts the ability is not used. Spent reiatsu is recovered at universal rate.

Kami no shisen / 神の視線 / Divinity’s Gaze (Active)

By focusing large quantities of psionic energy to her optical nerves, Kara is able to activate Divinity’s Gaze, which allows her to view the quantum energy matrix or framework of the world around her.

Every energy form or mass has quantum energy at its root. By decoding the quantum matrix of the world around her, Kara is able to see ALL energy forms or masses. With greater mastery, she is able to block out energy forms and masses, allowing her to focus in on a given energy or mass, and to see past barriers or objects. An example of this would be focusing in on an opponent’s circulatory or nervous system, or blocking out every other element besides fire. Decoding the quantum matrix requires great mental effort.

In addition to quantum visualization, Kara can curve space visually using Divinity’s Gaze for a three-sixty-degree visual range, while also being able to fold space, creating a telescopic or microscopic vision as is needed.

Upon activating Divinity’s Gaze, Kara's eyes glow a bright silver for a second, then the glow dims. Kara's sclera turns inky black, and her pupils turn into piercing silver rings, while her irises also turn a sharp silver color.

--Technical Details
I. Activating Divinity’s Gaze costs 5.00% reiryoku. Maintaining Divinity’s Gaze costs 0.5% per two (2) posts of usage, and 0.5% mental energy (speed and strength) per 1 post of usage.
II. Activating Panoramic (Three-Sixty Degree) vision, Telescopic or Microscopic vision requires an additonal 2.5% reiryoku, and costs an addtional 0.5% reiryoku per two (2) posts of usage to maintain. An additional 0.5% of mental energy (speed and strength) is drained per 1 post of usage.
III. Lost mental energy is regained by 1% per 2 posts the ability is not used. Spent reiatsu is recovered at universal rate.

Kiru Unmei no Kama / 斬る運命の鎌 / Fate-Slashing Scythe

With Godsworn's Divinity’s Gaze ability active, Kara is able to create quantum state clones of herself. These clones can only be created during a zero-energy state- a moment in time when Kara's internal energies are completely inactive (which just means that she isn't moving a muscle). This zero-energy state can last for any amount of time. Once a 'zero clone' is created, it can be maintained in that position for a time, and, at any moment before it expires, Kara can return herself to that zero clone's quantum state, effectively restoring her physical self. This allows her to reverse physical damage i.e. injuries.

When Fate-Slashing Scythe is activated, Kara's pupil-rings and irises turn from silver to gold, and remain that way until Khaal's Scythe is deactivated. Zero clones are invisible to all but Kara.

-- Technical Details
I. Activating Khaal's Scythe triples the costs of its parent ability, Divinity’s Gaze, until deactivation. (See Divinity’s Gaze)
II. No more than 5 clones may be active at once. A clone will last no longer than three (3) posts.
III. Switching to a zero clone (which Kara calls 'phasing') occurs at the speed of thought. Kara's speed, strength and endurance drop by 10% every post for five (5) posts after phasing, after which they are restored at the same rate so long as the ability is inactive.
word count: 1755
THE CHRONICLES OF KARA
FLUXARC | KARA MASTERS

Return to “All Character Profiles”