So let’s recap and condense things here.
First off, the definite points in general:
- Quincy, Fullbringers, and Togabito to be added as playable races.
- Vizard system to be added as a race expansion to Shinigami.
- True Form Bankai to be added as a race expansion for Shinigami.
- Hogyoku Form to be added as race expansion for Arrancar.
- Idea about pure races vs. hybrids centers around raw power vs. versatility/flexibility.
- Development of an “Aspect of Death” system as race expansion for Arrancar.
Now the possibilities:
- Arrancar gaining Bankai as possible expansion route (expanded hybrid status)
- Angelic-race (not-Quincy) to be added.
- Vasto Lorde (other pure hollow) race to be added.
- Hybrid System that allows certain traits from (any?) two races to be present on one character.
If I missed anything in regards to those lemme know.
Now since the Togabito are getting a bit of love here (not just from me, but I’ll be open in saying I really want this) I’ll summarize what we got going for them specifically.
Togabito (almost?) Definites:
- Obviously from Hell.
- Strong Demon & Italian Influence (Dante’s Inferno Style)
- Nine Circles of Hell.
- Leadership Referred to as “Demon Kings”.
- Welding Sin as their main form of offense/defense.
- Breaking their chains of Sin gives them a Bankai level release / pure demon form.
- Ability to control/summon hellfire.
- Ability to summon demons/familiars.
Togabito Possibilities (mainly in regards to how certain things will work):
- Demon summons to work like Personas (*cough*or stands*cough*).
- Demon summons work like FF summons (best analogy), where they show up to do one-off skills.
- Demon contracts that allow the summoner to temporarily gain certain powers from the demons they’ve contracted with / Merging with said Demon.
- Note: All 3 options are basically Kidou alternatives.
- Summoning of / Contracts with multiple demons.
If I missed anything there or got something wrong, lemme know. I’ll try to keep a running list of everything that gets brought up so it’s easy to follow everything. I’ll put it in the OP just so it’s easy to find to.
Ok now to hit some of the points. First the idea of hybrids and how that could work since that might be fairly easy to knockout. Basically the idea is, what if we treat all the races like legos? In the end their all basically just a bunch of different pieces put together. So what if people could choose what pieces they put together?
Almost all the races boil down to these few points:
- Some kind of weapon / object as main offense.
- Some kind of magic skills (Kidou/Cero)
- Some kind of high-speed movement technique.
- Some kind of power release (Shikai/Bankai etc.)
- Whatever else I’m missing right now
So what if people could choose what all they want from all those different aspects? Simplest ways of handing hybrids in my view. But if y’all have other ideas you know the drill.
Now as for how Togabito and their dealings with demons go. Perhaps all of the options I have on that list are all equal options that exist as alternatives to each other.
So each Togabito would have the option to summon a demon which would either do one super attack, or have a small handful of minor attacks/abilities. Or one could elect to merge with a demon and temporarily gain their powers / abilities.
This would by default give high potential of variety to them since each option has its own branches. Summing has the super attack or multiple attack option. While merging has the option of having power/ability boosting effect, gaining of extra abilities / or both? Things like that, or something else entirely. Definitely options tho