[NarutoRP] Public Discussions

The Headquaters for any and all small scale RPs
The Maverick
User Title: [NarutoRP] Founder

[NarutoRP] Public Discussions

Post by The Maverick » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:10 am

This is a thread whereby current and potential members of the RP can post their OOC thoughts and we can take part in discussions. Anybody may post here, but as always, please follow the forum rules when doing so.
Just A Small Town Timelord, Living in a Lonely Universe

konami31
User Title: [7th Division] 4th Seat-The Sword Saint

Re: [NarutoRP] Public Discussions

Post by konami31 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:45 am

I think i have an idea about the ranking system for this Naruto Roleplay..............i can help with that if it's a problem but i'm mostly concerned about the restrictions of ability that will govern this RPG. How do we go about it?
The Heroes Bowed Before me

Akugaranwa Itachi
User Title: 6th Seat of the 2nd Division.

Post by Akugaranwa Itachi » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:40 am

Also, could you be so kind enough as to give a guideline as to how the character profile should be like? Or do we fish out anything we desire?

Stryker
User Title: [Hollow]

Post by Stryker » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:00 am

I am wondering about how the numbers or lacck thereof will affect the RP. Do we really have enough people to make a war stoyline work ? I mean, wouldn't it be better to start off smaller, in a single village and then build from there ?

The Maverick

Post by The Maverick » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:13 am

@Konami: To start with, there won't be a 'rankings' system as such, more, as characters apply, I will give them a rank. As the RP goes on, I'll come up with something a little more... solid.

@Itachi: Just your typical name, age, description, personality shindig will be fine. Keep in mind, the profile you send over will be your actual character profile in the RP - it'll be listed for all to see.

@Stryker: The world of Naruto is huge, and you're right, there aren't many members. To combat this, the actual RP thread's location will change on a monthly basis; the thread will get locked, and a new scenario set, giving our characters chance to interact in a new setting. Once we get bigger, locations will have their own thread! I don't want to force folks to have to create a character for a specific village, they can pick what they like.

@Widow: You can pick whichever village you like, there's no restrictions on this as no RP will take place in one village. At least, not until we have more space.

Stryker

Post by Stryker » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:37 am

The Maverick wrote:@Stryker: The world of Naruto is huge, and you're right, there aren't many members. To combat this, the actual RP thread's location will change on a monthly basis; the thread will get locked, and a new scenario set, giving our characters chance to interact in a new setting. Once we get bigger, locations will have their own thread! I don't want to force folks to have to create a character for a specific village, they can pick what they like.
Thank you for clarifying that.

So the RP will begin on the cusp of a new shinobi world war, with all the hidden villages in a state of cold war ? 

I also would like to ask if we can interact with canon characters ? Not RP as them but just interact with them as if they were NPCs.

The Maverick

Post by The Maverick » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:50 pm

All canon characters are dead by the point the RP begins, so that would be a no. Consider the NarutoRP a different universe.

Stryker

Post by Stryker » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:20 am

AgentBlackWidow wrote:Yes the Naurto verse is huge, yeah it might be dead as well, but it might be good to do a different version, like we do with Bleach, pre Naruto storyline or post storyline if that makes sense for everyone
I agree with that. My only concern was about how the RP would be organized and managed once it started. Do we need to decide upon a storyline for the characters to follow or is the RP open for improvisation and such ?

Stryker

Post by Stryker » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:01 pm

AgentBlackWidow wrote:I am sure that in this discussion, we can organise something like characters, villages etc and manage anything else.
Like I said previously, we could have a pre or post story arc of the main Naurto storylines what we've done for Bleach. 

It would make sense, gives us plenty of free space to make our characters without having to worry about canon material. As of right now there isn't any ranking system in place so it also let's us all RP in a equal standing and then sort out who fits in which level. 
Last edited by Stryker on Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stryker

Post by Stryker » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:26 pm

AgentBlackWidow wrote:I'm sure a ranking system will be figured out sooner or later, and will be posted at a later date. There aren't any villages either, in my opinion nobody should be a 'leader' of any village as such until the time comes, I don't think it will be fair on other users. 
And I agree with you on the leader part. There is no need for leaders because the RP is just starting and has only a few members. Still, until the RP starts what is there left to prepare. We are all preparing our characters at this point but is there anything else we need ?

konami31

Post by konami31 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:35 pm

Are we allowed to use keke genkai like sharingan and byakugan?

Stryker

Post by Stryker » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:33 am

konami31 wrote:Are we allowed to use kekkei genkai like sharingan and byakugan?
I guess it depends on how many people will want bloodlines. I mean, they would certainly lose their luster and mystique if everyone had one. There are certain ways to replace Kekkei Genkai, like the Hiden or secret jutsu used by clans that aren't passed down by blood.

konami31

Post by konami31 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:11 pm

@Striker, what do you suggest we do about that?

Stryker

Post by Stryker » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:37 pm

Well, one way to balance out the pros and cons of the bloodlines is to access their cost-effectiveness. Some can be really deadly and useful so there should be a trade off ike them eating up more chakra than normal skills or having the bloodines eat up a proverbial extra "slot" in a characters arsenal. They would have an unique ability but at the same time lack versatility outside of that bloodline, like how Kimimaro's Dead Bone Pulse made him a beast at combat in close range but limited his abilites at long range, having only 1 or 2 techniques he could use at distance.

The Maverick

Post by The Maverick » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:24 am

Apologies for the late reply, internet issues.

KGs will be allowed in the RP, but the specifics are still in the works. I don't want this RP to turn into a swinging contest where folks 'want to be the strongest' - I had a more story-driven focus in mind than a bunch of overpowered morons ruining everything for everybody else.
With this in mind, if you choose to take a KG in your application, please keep in mind should your character be approved, you'll be accepting the limitations and I guidelines put in place.

konami31

Post by konami31 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:30 pm

It's okay.... I'll ready my character in due time!

The Maverick

Post by The Maverick » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:01 am

If you guys take a look at the rules for the RP section as a whole, you'll see we can only have two to three threads. Any more than this would be pushing it, and we would need permission. If you want to take part, you'll need to PM me your character sheet; this sheet will then get added to this thread here.

The first post will be a contents list with links to everything within the thread to keep it as neat as we can, but profiles, techniques, items etc will all be within that thread, meaning it'll be a bit of a jumble. The first post, however, will be the way to find various bits and bats. The actual RP thread will be put up once I approve the application sitting in my inbox; if you both apply, that'll be four of us, which I think will be fine to start with. Please make sure the character profiles you send me are original and written by *you*, though. I've had a bit of trouble with folks sending me things with bits copied from elsewhere..

The Maverick

Post by The Maverick » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:22 am

Okay, we have two profiles up so far, mine and Strykers. Once I get 4, I'll post up the RP properly.

Stryker

Post by Stryker » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:04 pm

I might need to do some modifications to mine. I mean, the backstory I made the one Maverick made for his kind of conflict each other so in order to keep continuity I will have to change it up a bit.

The Maverick

Post by The Maverick » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:09 am

AgentBlackWidow wrote:In the process of composing my profile now guys.
You've gone and posted up your profile without approval - it needs to be sent to me over PM, and from there, I'll either suggest changes or accept the character, and give your character a rank. I suggest rereading the RP rules again, instead of jumping in and posting stuff up. I'm pretty certain we've already had this discussion.