[7th Division] Zanpakutou Review

Akugaranwa Itachi
Member
Member
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:38 pm
User Title: 6th Seat of the 2nd Division.

Re: [7th Division] Zanpakutou Review

#21

Post by Akugaranwa Itachi » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:16 pm

I have made some changes....and I hope this can put down your fears....lol



Description: In Bankai, Aoshi becomes very fast! he becomes the epitome of Electricity enveloping his body to a vast degree, this allows for the Electrons within the electricity and his body to move at a very fast! state, it is so much so that his body vibrates at high frequency and would thus make his movements surprisingly fast! It his movements to a whole new level which he uses it to totally dominate his opponents. Using his movement to dictate pace of battle and strike when he wills. He is capable of downright outmanoeuvring his opponents, moving around them completely before they could even turn around to face him. His reactions make any hope for a surprise hit on him vanity, and he could easily exploit their mistaken element of surprise against them. The volume and intensity of his attack speed is simply daunting, as he may strike so fast that his opponent could not even observe the attack having taken place before being hit. If used excessively, it causes much strain to the body which may very well lead to exhaustion.

User avatar
Kira-duh-savage
Member
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:34 pm

Re: [7th Division] Zanpakutou Review

#22

Post by Kira-duh-savage » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:03 pm

Asano wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:47 pm
[First Element] Vector Manipulation; The user can change the magnitude and direction (vector) of an object to maneuver it in the desired way, regardless of preexisting vectors. This also applies to seemingly static or non-moving objects, because technically speaking the object still has momentum as it is moving through space.
In a battle case scenario, he can fly by decreasing gravitational vectors, become invisible by diverting the vectors of light around himself, create high velocity winds ranging from razor sharp cutting arcs to twisters by toying with the vectors of wind, etcetera. The user is incapable of directly affecting the vectors of their opponents. The only form of energy whose vectors the user can affect is "Kinetic Energy".

Applications of vector manipulation;
[1] Right back at you
Type active
Effect;
Seraph erects a redirection vector field around himself that redirects the vectors of whatever touches it. In every instance it is touched from the external, ripples appear at the exact region that collision with the said field occurred.

Things subjected to its redirection happen to travel in reverse, with a momentum, and impact that is completely up to seraph, in the sense that he can choose to avert them with less force than they had previously, or with the exact force they possessed, possibly even greater, such that energy lost depends on any one of these choices made. The redirection vector field is able to react to extremely high-velocity assaults/manoeuvres made by rival opponents and advanced ones, disregarding his awareness at the time.
(it acts impulsively as if sentient, even when seraph isn't aware that he is being threatened)

Seraph subconsciously filters the vectors of substances considered important to a living being. For example, oxygen, gravity, heat.
Although, he may decide to forego the filtration of any one of these above substances, if the situation demands it.

The sole exception to the aversion field's effects are sentient beings, creatures of flesh and blood (not to be confused with sentient weapons. Such as, soul slayers).
Leaving seraph open to all sorts of hand to hand combating abilities.
A major obstacle to the aversion field being almost absolute is the fact that it becomes useless when seraph is not being directly attacked or aimed at.
(assaults that damage the surroundings, indirectly harming their opponents can bypass the aversion field. However, potent or concentrated explosions are exempted)
It lasts a time frame of 2 posts, then he can re-use it after 4 posts have passed.


[2] Retrogression
Type-active
Range; 5 metres
Effect;
Seraph places a dome shaped effect field around himself (his body at the epicentre) that reduces the kinetic energy of anything caught within it, but never things that penetrate said field from the external.
(This means that, were a bullet to be shot from outside the field, its "kinetic" would not be touched at all, but had that bullet been fired from within the dome shaped field, its "speed" would be diminished)
He is potentially able to drop the speed of equal seats by two levels (halving it) , and that of higher seats by just "a single" level (reducing it by less than half). It can be used once per battle/spar.

[3] Featherweight
Type-passive
Effect;
Seraph basically dampens the impact physical assaults possess, by siphoning the kinetic energy the assaults have themselves, upon collision against his body.
Whenever this skill is in use, a reddish glow nigh instantly permeates the physical assaults, and drifts into the contacted area, vanishing utterly.


[Second Element] Self-manipulation;
The user has complete control over certain aspects of their anatomies and bodies including flesh, muscles mass, blood flow, nerves, bone density, bioenergy etc. allowing them to freely alter and manipulate them. User can grow additional appendages and body-parts, forego them akin to a lizard relinquishing its tail under predation or otherwise manipulate their bodies, in visible, chemical and cellular levels.

[1]The Body Is Nothing But The Mind's Plaything; the user can control their own body like a marionette, allowing them to move freely even if they possess injuries or ailments that would normally impede normal movement such as paralysis, broken limbs or dislocated joints. Following activation, the user's opponents would momentarily catch a glimpse of faint reishi hands manoeuvering golden yellow strings that are attached to the user's entire body.
(It's just for flashiness, and doesn't mean much. It only insinuates that the user is being puppeteered)

Note that, in this state, the user is rendered unable to accomplish complex bodily manoeuvres, the kind that requires great fluidity, and grace.

This technique can be kept up for a duration of 120 seconds, after which it is unusable for the entire battle.
Okay wow... there's a lot to unpack here. For something I have a number of problems with, I normally break things down line by line, but given the wordiness of your descriptions here...that doesn't seem very appropriate.

Now before I get into things, I will recommend condensing the descriptions of your abilities. To be simple about things here, you don't particularly need to explain the exact physics in your ability writeup. If you wish to do so in your posts, by all means go ahead, but here is not the best place for that. You should keep ability details basic, any more detailed/complicated info should be placed in a spoiler, bulleted, or otherwise indicated as additional information. The core principle, general outcome, or intended result of said ability's activation should be the most readily available piece of information...

Anyway in regards to the first bit of your zan...
Nothing wrong with manipulating gravity, nor is there anything wrong effects described under "first element", which I can't really classify as an element FYI, however I feel many of those should be it's own separate instance. Being able to fly, bend light, generating razor sharp winds, etc. covers too many different things all at once to be justified as one ability alone, rather than multiple abilities. An ability should generally consist of one-two effects that are relatively close in relation. Something like pyro/cryokinesis in one ability, or bringing up souls from the dead and making them dance would be fine for one ability.

Also variations of the same general effect would also be acceptable. For example: Fire Blast: Shoots fire as balls, stream, or waves. You may also slight alter the properties of said variations. Like fireballs explode on impact, while streams of fire have extra long reach, etc. so long as it's within reason, things like that will pass.

Note: I am classifying everything under the first element as an ability given no straight-forward indication otherwise, and the exhaustive amount of detail you included.

Next is right back at you...

I'm not opposed to the being able to deflect things, be it objects, people, or even various attacks (both physically and spiritually based), however there are a few ground rules I had regarding that. Said rules will be posted here at a slightly later time, I need to adapt and rewrite them for this forum. Anyway the gist of that was as follows:
  • Reflecting or redirecting attacks was allowable under the conditions that one either possessed significant strength, a (significantly) greater level of reiatsu to their opponent, or by way of ability.
  • The amount of energy used in order to achieve the effect, physical or otherwise, was in reasonable proportion to the strength of the user versus that of the opponent and/or the strength of technique being used.
  • It made sense to do so.
To be simple, as long as the ability does not permit you to reflect virtually anything, and doesn't allow it for free, it's fine provided that it's generally within reason for your character to do so. A recruit being able to reflect/redirect a Captain's level 88 hadou would be absurd, so abilities without feasibility limits are a no-go.

Self-manipulation...:

Bioenergy alone is problematic in the sense that I'm concerned that this would allow you to circumvent natural fatigue. Their by producing more energy via this ability, or optimizing your physiology in such a way that this fatigue becomes a non-issue. Being able to increase muscle mass is an indirect means of increasing, or otherwise augmenting strength which isn't particularly acceptable via shikai. In fact the entirety of this ability wouldn't really be allowable since shikai don't generally alter or affect the user in the ways described here. That said, removing anything that would directly improve the user's natural ability and leaving it as a means to shape-shift (basically speaking), would be fine.

The Body Is Nothing But The Mind's Plaything;

This is fine, but consider the following words a hard warning for this type of ability. Understand that the body typically shuts down under extreme stress due to injury, and it's typically for a good reason. Moving can often worsen injuries, cause other injuries (in cases of broken bones), hasten bleeding out, etc. This ability means you will have to walk on a very thin line, because the separation between you continuing a battle where it makes sense, and you should be dead or shouldn't get back up (despite this ability) can get incredibly unclear without very careful consideration and understanding of the nature of certain injuries and their effects on the body.

Zanpakutou Denied.
Alright.
Well, vector manipulation can't be classed as a "uniform" ability with correlated effects, maybe it's cause i wasn't so clear.
vectors are things that possess "magnitude and direction"- this ability gives me the leeway to influence either.
I apologise for excessively broadening its horizon, so instead... I'd constrain the effects to being able to influence the vectors of solid (inanimate) matter, wind and kinetic energy solely.
I hope this is alright?
if this is done, you'd realise the sub-applications of vector manipulation I listed as "techniques" especially fall under Seraph affecting the vectors (magnitude or direction) of kinetic energy?

As for "Right back at you".
I was told long-since there are rules governing redirection abilities, so I constructed "aversion field" with those rules in mind.
This is why, if something is redirected with equal force/momentum it had upon collision against the redirection field, seraph suffers energy loss equal to what his opponents lost when they initiated the assault.
If assaults are redirected with less force/momentum than they had upon collision (with the field), Seraph would similarly lose less energy than his opponent's..That was my intention for this, I wasn't planning to avert assaults above my capability to do so- for that, I need your help honestly.
I felt if I'd said redirecting assaults initiated by opponents in the same reiatsu category, and a level higher was plausible, then it'd be vague...I have no idea how to be specific about what can and can't be averted, as regards how powerful an assault is.

Next is self-manipulation.
I also knew about shinigami being incapable of enhancing their physical capabilities- mobility/strength with the aid of shikai. So, I never once thought about doing this with self-manipulation.
I'd remove anything that gives readers the impression that such is feasible.

As concerns Bio-energy, the fault lies with me.. my vagueness
I noticed in the GM rules that using your abilities to make yourself indefatigable, or regain lost stamina is impractical. What I meant initially- Seraph can manipulate his bioelectricity possibly generate it, magnify its pace along his nervous system to allow for heightened perception of stimuli- but this doesn't necessarily increase his reflex and reaction time, although I have some use for it.
For example, visual perception could be heightened to a degree where the eyes can register visual stimuli tons of times faster than normal. Again, this doesn't amp reflex or reaction time...

Lastly, self-puppeteering.. I understand, and I'd heed your advice.

Please, I really need to make this work.
I'm not so useful when placed behind abilities I don't understand much. I've some history with this, that's why I sent it here. However, if there is no way my first element can be made usable, I'd alter it..

Above the heavens and beneath the earth, only one is worthy.


Vladkre33
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:57 am

Re: [7th Division] Zanpakutou Review

#23

Post by Vladkre33 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:23 pm

Suddenly? No, Being able to become fast also allows for Aoshi to vibrate his body in a fast and constant manner in other to phase through things.
No? Youre not getting intangibility, period. There is literally no justification in electricity doing anything beyond contracting muscles faster than average and the enhanced perception that Kira did correctly in his own Zan.

xD super duper fast? Maybe I did go overboard there. I'll work on it........
Not a laughing matter. The entire Zan has been overboard since you started.

For the second ability, it cannot be split because then it ruins the need for why it was made. The perception at such degree only allows for him to become able to influence his surrounding electricity and by doing so, Aoshi would now be capable of creating lightning from air and not using his zanpakutō as an extension of manipulating his Electricity..
You realize that doesn't make sense right? You're saying it can't be split into 2 abilities because it does two separate things.
Akugaranwa Itachi wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:16 pm
I have made some changes....and I hope this can put down your fears....lol
Not fears, concerns due to either your ignorance of balance or apparent disinterest of sensible Zan construction.



Description:[Color] In Bankai, Aoshi becomes very fast![/Color] he becomes the epitome of Electricity enveloping his body to a vast degree, this allows for the Electrons within the electricity and his body[Color] to move at a very fast! state,[/Color] it is so much so that his body vibrates at high frequency and would thus [Color]make his movements surprisingly fast!It his movements to a whole new level which he uses it to totally dominate his opponents. Using his movement to dictate pace of battle and strike when he wills. He is capable of downright outmanoeuvring his opponents, moving around them completely before they could even turn around to face him. His reactions make any hope for a surprise hit on him vanity, and he could easily exploit their mistaken element of surprise against them. The volume and intensity of his attack speed is simply daunting, as he may strike so fast that his opponent could not even observe the attack having taken place before being hit.[/Color]If used excessively, it causes much strain to the body which may very well lead to exhaustion.
[/quote]

Let me make this abundantly clear. Look at the red. Read it. You say no less than eleven times that this ability makes you so impossibly fast. You say this ability makes him so fast he can outmanoeuvr anyone. That even if he is completely unaware of an attack, he'll react to it. Even if your justification for the speed within the power set was justified(It's not), this is flat out GM. Never being hit.

As for the reasoning for this making you this fast, I'm genuinely not seeing it. As I said above, you can contract the muscles faster. Literally speeding up your electrons with electricity to the point of intangiblilty will not fly. At best, you can have this ability raise your speed stat in the system by one tier.

DENIED
"An Immovable Wall of Flesh, ever rising, until the end."

Akugaranwa Itachi
Member
Member
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:38 pm
User Title: 6th Seat of the 2nd Division.

Re: [7th Division] Zanpakutou Review

#24

Post by Akugaranwa Itachi » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:29 pm

Vladkre33 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:23 pm
Suddenly? No, Being able to become fast also allows for Aoshi to vibrate his body in a fast and constant manner in other to phase through things.
No? Youre not getting intangibility, period. There is literally no justification in electricity doing anything beyond contracting muscles faster than average and the enhanced perception that Kira did correctly in his own Zan.
Forgive me but, there is a difference between electricity phasing ability and an ability that requires a constant fast velocity in other to phase through. Now I didn't say in anyway that Aoshi phases through things due to his electricity, but it is as a result of him being fast enough to vibrate his whole body at a constant speed for phasing to occur.

Not a laughing matter. The entire Zan has been overboard since you started.
Am sorry once again, but it is, aside from the idea of making Aoshi fight with speed, his Zanpakutō has been pretty much simple and not Hax.

For the second ability, it cannot be split because then it ruins the need for why it was made. The perception at such degree only allows for him to become able to influence his surrounding electricity and by doing so, Aoshi would now be capable of creating lightning from air and not using his zanpakutō as an extension of manipulating his Electricity..
You realize that doesn't make sense right? You're saying it can't be split into 2 abilities because it does two separate things.
Actually it does, because I was the one that wrote it. In as much as it grants him perception, it is only needed as a stepping ground or as a required ingredient for him to create lightning from air.
Akugaranwa Itachi wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:16 pm
I have made some changes....and I hope this can put down your fears....lol

Not fears, concerns due to either your ignorance of balance or apparent disinterest of sensible Zan construction.
Ok, sire am going to laugh this off.


Description:[Color] In Bankai, Aoshi becomes very fast![/Color] he becomes the epitome of Electricity enveloping his body to a vast degree, this allows for the Electrons within the electricity and his body[Color] to move at a very fast! state,[/Color] it is so much so that his body vibrates at high frequency and would thus [Color]make his movements surprisingly fast!It his movements to a whole new level which he uses it to totally dominate his opponents. Using his movement to dictate pace of battle and strike when he wills. He is capable of downright outmanoeuvring his opponents, moving around them completely before they could even turn around to face him. His reactions make any hope for a surprise hit on him vanity, and he could easily exploit their mistaken element of surprise against them. The volume and intensity of his attack speed is simply daunting, as he may strike so fast that his opponent could not even observe the attack having taken place before being hit.[/Color]If used excessively, it causes much strain to the body which may very well lead to exhaustion.
Let me make this abundantly clear. Look at the red. Read it. You say no less than eleven times that this ability makes you so impossibly fast. You say this ability makes him so fast he can outmanoeuvr anyone. That even if he is completely unaware of an attack, he'll react to it. Even if your justification for the speed within the power set was justified(It's not), this is flat out GM. Never being hit.

As for the reasoning for this making you this fast, I'm genuinely not seeing it. As I said above, you can contract the muscles faster. Literally speeding up your electrons with electricity to the point of intangiblilty will not fly. At best, you can have this ability raise your speed stat in the system by one tier.

DENIED
Forgive sir but, this is wrong. Because if I am to follow your logic, then I must say, you cannot Roleplay against an individual with Shunpo master specialist, because according to you, he cannot be touched. Can a Shunpo master specialist be touched? Also, back in Bam, I see different people moving at a speed far greater than this, but that doesn't make them as untouchable as you may make it appear.

Am sorry but, in its write up, it clearly says that Aoshi cannot be caught in a surprise.....Out maneuvering only comes in play when against an opponent he is faster than....

Vladkre33
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:57 am

Re: [7th Division] Zanpakutou Review

#25

Post by Vladkre33 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:38 am

Forgive me but, there is a difference between electricity phasing ability and an ability that requires a constant fast velocity in other to phase through. Now I didn't say in anyway that Aoshi phases through things due to his electricity, but it is as a result of him being fast enough to vibrate his whole body at a constant speed for phasing to occur.
You sure didn't even imply that?

Because this,
he becomes the epitome of Electricity enveloping his body to a vast degree, this allows for the Electrons within the electricity and his body to move at a very fast! state, it is so much so that his body vibrates at high frequency and would thus make his movements surprisingly fast!
.

That very clearly says you use the electricity enveloping your body, which somehow empowers your electrons to vibrate constantly at a speed which makes your intangible.

I would never ever pass something like this.

Am sorry once again, but it is, aside from the idea of making Aoshi fight with speed, his Zanpakutō has been pretty much simple and not Hax.
So aside from wanting to become an untouchable, nigh teleporting being you don't see the problem?

For the second ability, it cannot be split because then it ruins the need for why it was made. The perception at such degree only allows for him to become able to influence his surrounding electricity and by doing so, Aoshi would now be capable of creating lightning from air and not using his zanpakutō as an extension of manipulating his Electricity..

Actually it does, because I was the one that wrote it. In as much as it grants him perception, it is only needed as a stepping ground or as a required ingredient for him to create lightning from air.
Let me make you a list of what that ability does as written.

1.Sense Electromagnetic Fields
2. Nullify Electromagnetic Fields
3. Electric Immunity
4. Lightning creation from the air

Four things. 1 & 2 are fine as a single ability. 3 & 4 along with it aren't. I don't see why you don't want 3 abilities, other than being greedy in the XP system.

Forgive sir but, this is wrong. Because if I am to follow your logic, then I must say, you cannot Roleplay against an individual with Shunpo master specialist, because according to you, he cannot be touched. Can a Shunpo master specialist be touched? Also, back in Bam, I see different people moving at a speed far greater than this, but that doesn't make them as untouchable as you may make it appear.

Am sorry but, in its write up, it clearly says that Aoshi cannot be caught in a surprise.....Out maneuvering only comes in play when against an opponent he is faster than....
Oh I'm afraid you're extremely mistaken Itachi. You most certainly can RP against someone that fast, but that's not the issue here. What you've clearly failed to notice and made even more vague in your rewrite in hopes of being passed, is that you can't be that fast and capable of phasing through everything just passively.

Only when he is faster? So everyone who isn't a Shunpo Master Specialist? This ability is nothing but a poor excuse to max out the speed stat far beyond your means.

Also, I frankly don't care what you saw on BAM. I'm reviewing this under its own merits.

So very clearly once again this is DENIED until the issues are fixed or the entire Zan reworked.

Should you ignore my concerns again in such a flippant manner, you will be barred from reviews here.
Last edited by Vladkre33 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"An Immovable Wall of Flesh, ever rising, until the end."

User avatar
Asano
Founder
Founder
Posts: 256
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:00 pm
User Title: [The Last 7th Division Captain| Ignis Rex] Keeper of all things Sacred
Contact:

Re: [7th Division] Zanpakutou Review

#26

Post by Asano » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:59 am

Moderator Message:
I've been asked to step in, and so here I am. Itachi, this is now the second time I have to intervene here regarding this situation and at this point patience is now wearing thin. Allow me to be very clear in saying that this is your final warning.

You've been told on numberous that your attempts to augment your character's speed in the ways you've described are unacceptable. While I will not personally forbid the idea, nor do I have the reason to do so, you need to understand that the extent in which you are seeking to improve said speed is not okay. You may work with myself or Vlad via PM about what would be more allowable for you you to use, otherwise it would be recommended that you abandon the idea entirely.

Failure to comply with this request will result in you being forbidden to post here for a period of 14 days. It is not my intention to be harsh, but both myself and Vlad have been reasonable yet you continue to push for something a very hard stance against has been established.
- Asano

It would come in a blur, and seek to lay waste to them all.
In a flash, the beast sought to let loose a calamity crafted by its own hands.
Its sole purpose to leave nothing but charred remains and ash...


Akugaranwa Itachi
Member
Member
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:38 pm
User Title: 6th Seat of the 2nd Division.

Re: [7th Division] Zanpakutou Review

#27

Post by Akugaranwa Itachi » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:00 am

With all due respect.....Since when has it been stated that I cannot voice out my thoughts, just as Vladkre did. This would make it the second time I am being threatened with a ban for speaking. I could have gone directly to my captain for his review, but I chose to do it here publicly unlike some of the leaders here who creates abilities without having it reviewed. I am sorry Asano but you can't force an opinion on someone.


Thank you all very much, but I am pretty much done with the review......

User avatar
Asano
Founder
Founder
Posts: 256
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:00 pm
User Title: [The Last 7th Division Captain| Ignis Rex] Keeper of all things Sacred
Contact:

Re: [7th Division] Zanpakutou Review

#28

Post by Asano » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:11 am

Moderator Message:
I've sent an apparently necessary PM clarifying my message for you. The reasons for my message differ from the reasoning you've understood. That said, the rest of this issue will no long be carried out in this thread. Instead, I will ask that you direct all further questions and comments on this matter to a PM from this point further. I'd much prefer not to disrupt matters here more than they already have been.
- Asano

It would come in a blur, and seek to lay waste to them all.
In a flash, the beast sought to let loose a calamity crafted by its own hands.
Its sole purpose to leave nothing but charred remains and ash...


User avatar
Kira-duh-savage
Member
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:34 pm

Re: [7th Division] Zanpakutou Review

#29

Post by Kira-duh-savage » Tue May 23, 2017 5:43 pm

FORCE CONTROL; The user is able to shape, create, and manipulate physical force to promote different effects. Examples of physical force include, gravity, kinetic energy, weight, inertia, torque etcetera

APPLICATIONS

[1] TERRITORY
TYPE-ACTIVE
EFFECT;
Seraph can generate gravitational force (a natural phenomenon by which all physical bodies attract each other) and gravitons (hypothetical elementary particles that mediate the force of gravitation) within a given spatial area (twenty-five metres around him) to induce differential gravitational phenomena.
•collapse; He can drastically increase the gravity of a given area, thus prompting the descent of an overbearing force that is capable of crushing/deeply compressing the ground, shattering steel-dense inorganic matter and energy.
Adversaries subjected to the overbearing downforce are potentially rendered immobile, unable to shoulder the weight of their zanpakutou, and can get their bones crushed irreversibly, within seconds of exposure. It's more easily defended against by people of a higher reiatsu category.
•gravity marionette; he can modify the direction of gravitational pull acting upon an object, to simulate telekinesis.
•retrograde; by snapping or flicking his wrists, he can generate horizontal/omnidirectional waves or repellent gravitation that can displace opponents several metres backwards, while, simultaneously, ravaging everything residing in a given radius (of twenty-five metres), akin to "Shinra Tensei".
▪This ability (territory) tends to be a lot more potent, if fixated through his zanjutsu, rather than mere hand gestures. This skill is termed "gravity slash ".


[2] THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT
TYPE; PASSIVE
EFFECT; Following the swing of his zanpakuto Seraph can spawn a swarm (seemingly in their hundreds) of semi-sentient, brightly-colored, winged insects (called gluttons) which serve as conduits for certain aspects of his kinetic control [kinetic absorption, kinetic solidification, kinetic conversion etc] .They're incapable of straying beyond a certain distance of him (50metres) albeit, that distance can be bypassed, if the need arises.

Gluttons are azure-colored butterflies with rune-patterned wing (it should be noted that their coloration can be altered deliberately) . Their primal purpose is to devour/consume kinetic energy, upon contact with an object, to promote varying causes and effects such as;
▪kinetic inhibition; Potentially, gluttons can prompt the nullification of every, and all kinetically inclined processes. It's possible for them to do this, even at the molecular level for inanimate objects. whereas, for sentient objects their reach can be constrained to the cellular plane. However, in scenarios where the complete negation of kinetic activity can't be achieved (that is, when he is pitted against opponent's reasonably stronger than himself) gluttons would resort to diminishing it instead.
▪kinetic conversion; Gluttons can convert the siphoned kinetic energy into raw volatile energy. Furthermore, they're able to trigger potent explosions of varying degrees, near instantly, capable of rendering victims fatally burnt, at full capacity.
▪Shifting; Gluttons can cluster/aggregate to assume complex forms and shapes of distinct densities (they're especially steel durable, if being used defensively) and sizes, while retaining their base kinetic capabilities. For Example-appendage-exoskeletons-force fields-projectiles, etcetera

[3] KINETIC VISION
PASSIVE SKILL
EFFECT;
Seraph's pupils can register the kinetic shadows that linger about his opponents before they perform bodily motion. However, there is a time lag between the movements of a kinetic shadow, and that of his/her caster. This lapse could range from a few seconds to a split second, depending on the degree of his opponent's mobility. If used in conjunction with his innate reflexes, it could allow for a much better response to approaching threats.

Above the heavens and beneath the earth, only one is worthy.


User avatar
Asano
Founder
Founder
Posts: 256
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:00 pm
User Title: [The Last 7th Division Captain| Ignis Rex] Keeper of all things Sacred
Contact:

Re: [7th Division] Zanpakutou Review

#30

Post by Asano » Wed May 24, 2017 8:12 pm

Alright so here's the deal. All of what's written for your zan is fine. However after discussing with Vlad, we've determined that 8 total sub abilities is a bit...too much. Originally I consired allowing them, but the thought of opening the door to multiple abilities with sub-abilities brought up some balance questions that wasn't really right for me to answer alone. So because of that I'll have to ask you to remove some of them (4) before we can approve your zan.

It would come in a blur, and seek to lay waste to them all.
In a flash, the beast sought to let loose a calamity crafted by its own hands.
Its sole purpose to leave nothing but charred remains and ash...


User avatar
Kira-duh-savage
Member
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:34 pm

Re: [7th Division] Zanpakutou Review

#31

Post by Kira-duh-savage » Thu May 25, 2017 12:54 am

Asano wrote:
Wed May 24, 2017 8:12 pm
Alright so here's the deal. All of what's written for your zan is fine. However after discussing with Vlad, we've determined that 8 total sub abilities is a bit...too much. Originally I consired allowing them, but the thought of opening the door to multiple abilities with sub-abilities brought up some balance questions that wasn't really right for me to answer alone. So because of that I'll have to ask you to remove some of them (4) before we can approve your zan.


I counted 6 sub abilities anyway.....
I'd just remove every sub effect under territory, leaving the butterfly effect vague would make me feel terribly empty.


FORCE CONTROL; The user is able to shape, create, and manipulate physical force to promote different effects. Examples of physical force include, gravity, kinetic energy, weight, inertia, torque etcetera

APPLICATIONS

[1] TERRITORY
TYPE-ACTIVE
EFFECT;
Seraph can generate gravitational force (a natural phenomenon by which all physical bodies attract each other) and gravitons (hypothetical elementary particles that mediate the force of gravitation) within a given spatial area (twenty-five metres around him) to induce differential gravitational phenomena.
▪Regardless of triggering this ability via hand gestures/thought forms, it is not uncommon for Seraph to channel it through his zanpakuto, and by so doing this ability becomes more potent, and discriminate.


[2] THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT
TYPE; PASSIVE
EFFECT; Following the swing of his zanpakuto Seraph can spawn a swarm (seemingly in their hundreds) of semi-sentient, brightly-colored, winged insects (called gluttons) which serve as conduits for certain aspects of his kinetic control [kinetic absorption, kinetic solidification, kinetic conversion etc] .They're incapable of straying beyond a certain distance of him (50metres) albeit, that distance can be bypassed, if the need arises.

Gluttons are azure-colored butterflies with rune-patterned wing (it should be noted that their coloration can be altered deliberately) . Their primal purpose is to devour/consume kinetic energy, upon contact with an object, to promote varying causes and effects such as;
▪kinetic inhibition; Potentially, gluttons can prompt the nullification of every, and all kinetically inclined processes. It's possible for them to do this, even at the molecular level for inanimate objects. whereas, for sentient objects their reach can be constrained to the cellular plane. However, in scenarios where the complete negation of kinetic activity can't be achieved (that is, when he is pitted against opponent's reasonably stronger than himself) gluttons would resort to diminishing it instead.
▪kinetic conversion; Gluttons can convert the siphoned kinetic energy into raw volatile energy. Furthermore, they're able to trigger potent explosions of varying degrees, near instantly, capable of rendering victims fatally burnt, at full capacity.
▪Shifting; Gluttons can cluster/aggregate to assume complex forms and shapes of distinct densities (they're especially steel durable, if being used defensively) and sizes, while retaining their base kinetic capabilities. For Example-appendage-exoskeletons-force fields-projectiles, etcetera

[3] KINETIC VISION
PASSIVE SKILL
EFFECT;
Seraph's pupils can register the kinetic shadows that linger about his opponents before they perform bodily motion. However, there is a time lag between the movements of a kinetic shadow, and that of his/her caster. This lapse could range from a few seconds to a split second, depending on the degree of his opponent's mobility. If used in conjunction with his innate reflexes, it could allow for a much better response to approaching threat


As per the " gravity slash", It was unnecessary for me to place it out there, but I just had to give that (channeling territory through a zan) a fancy name, it's not really an effect of territory. like, you know how Kuchiki can, instead of thought commands, use hand gestures to amp the speed of his petals? that's what I was aiming for.

Above the heavens and beneath the earth, only one is worthy.


User avatar
Asano
Founder
Founder
Posts: 256
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:00 pm
User Title: [The Last 7th Division Captain| Ignis Rex] Keeper of all things Sacred
Contact:

Re: [7th Division] Zanpakutou Review

#32

Post by Asano » Mon May 29, 2017 12:11 pm

Kira-duh-savage wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 12:54 am
Asano wrote:
Wed May 24, 2017 8:12 pm
Alright so here's the deal. All of what's written for your zan is fine. However after discussing with Vlad, we've determined that 8 total sub abilities is a bit...too much. Originally I consired allowing them, but the thought of opening the door to multiple abilities with sub-abilities brought up some balance questions that wasn't really right for me to answer alone. So because of that I'll have to ask you to remove some of them (4) before we can approve your zan.


I counted 6 sub abilities anyway.....
I'd just remove every sub effect under territory, leaving the butterfly effect vague would make me feel terribly empty.


FORCE CONTROL; The user is able to shape, create, and manipulate physical force to promote different effects. Examples of physical force include, gravity, kinetic energy, weight, inertia, torque etcetera

APPLICATIONS

[1] TERRITORY
TYPE-ACTIVE
EFFECT;
Seraph can generate gravitational force (a natural phenomenon by which all physical bodies attract each other) and gravitons (hypothetical elementary particles that mediate the force of gravitation) within a given spatial area (twenty-five metres around him) to induce differential gravitational phenomena.
▪Regardless of triggering this ability via hand gestures/thought forms, it is not uncommon for Seraph to channel it through his zanpakuto, and by so doing this ability becomes more potent, and discriminate.


[2] THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT
TYPE; PASSIVE
EFFECT; Following the swing of his zanpakuto Seraph can spawn a swarm (seemingly in their hundreds) of semi-sentient, brightly-colored, winged insects (called gluttons) which serve as conduits for certain aspects of his kinetic control [kinetic absorption, kinetic solidification, kinetic conversion etc] .They're incapable of straying beyond a certain distance of him (50metres) albeit, that distance can be bypassed, if the need arises.

Gluttons are azure-colored butterflies with rune-patterned wing (it should be noted that their coloration can be altered deliberately) . Their primal purpose is to devour/consume kinetic energy, upon contact with an object, to promote varying causes and effects such as;
▪kinetic inhibition; Potentially, gluttons can prompt the nullification of every, and all kinetically inclined processes. It's possible for them to do this, even at the molecular level for inanimate objects. whereas, for sentient objects their reach can be constrained to the cellular plane. However, in scenarios where the complete negation of kinetic activity can't be achieved (that is, when he is pitted against opponent's reasonably stronger than himself) gluttons would resort to diminishing it instead.
▪kinetic conversion; Gluttons can convert the siphoned kinetic energy into raw volatile energy. Furthermore, they're able to trigger potent explosions of varying degrees, near instantly, capable of rendering victims fatally burnt, at full capacity.
▪Shifting; Gluttons can cluster/aggregate to assume complex forms and shapes of distinct densities (they're especially steel durable, if being used defensively) and sizes, while retaining their base kinetic capabilities. For Example-appendage-exoskeletons-force fields-projectiles, etcetera

[3] KINETIC VISION
PASSIVE SKILL
EFFECT;
Seraph's pupils can register the kinetic shadows that linger about his opponents before they perform bodily motion. However, there is a time lag between the movements of a kinetic shadow, and that of his/her caster. This lapse could range from a few seconds to a split second, depending on the degree of his opponent's mobility. If used in conjunction with his innate reflexes, it could allow for a much better response to approaching threat


As per the " gravity slash", It was unnecessary for me to place it out there, but I just had to give that (channeling territory through a zan) a fancy name, it's not really an effect of territory. like, you know how Kuchiki can, instead of thought commands, use hand gestures to amp the speed of his petals? that's what I was aiming for.
Hmm... approved. However I am open to reevaluating the decision on this zanpakutou, potentially trying to establish more defined rules regarding sub-abilities (may take a lot of time and discussion), or finding ways to more naturally and safely include those points as part of the main ability... but to see how things play out balance wise I'll approve this version and see how things go from here.

It would come in a blur, and seek to lay waste to them all.
In a flash, the beast sought to let loose a calamity crafted by its own hands.
Its sole purpose to leave nothing but charred remains and ash...


Vladkre33
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:57 am

Re: [7th Division] Zanpakutou Review

#33

Post by Vladkre33 » Mon May 29, 2017 12:45 pm

Zanpakutou

Base Appearance: Elijah's Zanpakutou is not a katana, but a five foot long cleaver he can wield with one hand. The last foot of the blade protrudes and retracts at a fourty five degree angle, much like an axe to enhance cutting strength.

Element: ?????

Shikai

Name: Morbid Minuet

Command: Devour

Appearance: Once summoned, Morbid Minuet takes the shape of a chainsaw. One that is caked with rust and spanning a length of seven feet.

Passive Abilities:

Name: The Icon of Dominance
Effect: Within five meters of Elijah's person, his reiatsu is extremely dense. This allows him to project his killing intent to a wavering or weak willed foe. The target may believe Elijah has already struck them, or believe he has vanished from sight.

Name: The Predator
Effect: Elijah's already jagged teeth and claws sharpen and harden tenfold, effectively making him a living weapon.

Active Abilities:

Name:One Foot in the Grave
Effect: Elijah can summon 3 corpses from the earth beneath his feet. They are not mobile and as such have to be manually used by Elijah however he deems fit.

Name: Haunted
Effect: Elijah can project any sound(barring Zanpakutou abilities)he naturally makes one hundred meters from his person. This includes the whir of his chainsaw, his footsteps, or his own growling.

Bankai

Name: Death's Last Requiem

Appearance: In Bankai, the blade extends to ten feet long, and appears to glisten with blood on the blades. In this state it's difficult for even Elijah to wield the weak with one hand.

Passive Abilities

Name: Beast Loose in Paradise
Effect: An upgraded version of Icon of Dominace that increases the effect range to 10 meters and strengthens the potents hallucinations.

Name: Evil Never Dies
Effect: Once per spar/mission/event, Elijah can rise to his feet if incapacitated in combat. Once in this state he is impervious to pain and does not bleed. It lasts for three posts and can only be disabled by once again subduing Elijah. His initial wounds to nor regenerate and therefore will hinder him if they are such wounds (Amputated limbs, vaporized parts, etc).

Name: I Walk With Death
Effect: This ability activate's alongside Evil Never Dies. It causes a phantom blade of a sound to follow Elijah's weapon swings. This blade has a two second lag behind the weapon, but can interact with physical objects. It deactivates when Evil Never Dies does.

Active Abilities

Name: Terrorscape
Effect: An upgraded version of Haunted that allows Elijah to project absolutely any sound he can conceive of with a two hundred meter radius.

Name: Embrace the Ending
Effect: Elijah can summon the corpse of absolutely anything he has ever killed. These corpses can be formed into any shape Elijah desires and are controlled mentally. While not particularly durable, their sheer numbers make them a threat.
Last edited by Asano on Mon May 29, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"An Immovable Wall of Flesh, ever rising, until the end."

User avatar
Asano
Founder
Founder
Posts: 256
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:00 pm
User Title: [The Last 7th Division Captain| Ignis Rex] Keeper of all things Sacred
Contact:

Re: [7th Division] Zanpakutou Review

#34

Post by Asano » Mon May 29, 2017 1:01 pm

Administrator Message:
Given some very interesting, unusual, and rather flagrant criticisms I've been forced to re-evaluate, reconfirm, and reapprove a Zanpakutou I saw no reason to act upon as its originally published form was not an issue.

This of course was not the case for a few other Zanpakutou, and as such they were subject to a secondary level of scrutiny as per my orders.

Since this zanpakutou in particular has been flagged for not recieving such treatment, despite being perfectly fine and fair in multiple considerations both here on this forum, and previous forums, it is being reviewed once again here and now.

This will be the one and only instance this weird rendering of judgment will be done. That will hold true both for now and forever, so long as I remain an Admin.

Previously cleared zanpakutou that present ZERO RP related issues, break rules, or are not otherwise deemed severely problematic in a multiplayer situation will NOT, under any circumstance, be called in for re-review. This is final.

This does not hold true for any zanpakutou, ability, or anything else that so happens to violate any of the aforementioned conditions. As always, offending items will always and forever be subject to re-review, and modified accordingly if such action is deemed necessary.

- Asano

If not already understood above, this Zanpakutou is approved. Both the old content as well as the slight update you've included.

As I've done so before, so too shall I do it here. A very hard warning in regards to the "Evil Never Dies" ability. Understand that given the nature of certain injuries, use of this ability may simply not be possible, or may lead to further harm, if not death altogether. Be mindful of this truth as being inconsiderate of the associated dangers could not only critically affect spar review grades, but could potentially lead to the this ability having to be removed altogether. Please use it wisely.
Last edited by Asano on Mon May 29, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: numerous language edits and error corrections

It would come in a blur, and seek to lay waste to them all.
In a flash, the beast sought to let loose a calamity crafted by its own hands.
Its sole purpose to leave nothing but charred remains and ash...


User avatar
Asano
Founder
Founder
Posts: 256
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:00 pm
User Title: [The Last 7th Division Captain| Ignis Rex] Keeper of all things Sacred
Contact:

Re: [7th Division] Zanpakutou Review

#35

Post by Asano » Tue May 30, 2017 9:03 am

There are a couple issues with my zanpakutou that need to be addressed. Besides addressing those I'm going to make a few other adjustments. For reference the adjustments should be in line with most of the pre-existing aspects of this zanpakutou.

Name: Shiva's Wrath 
Type: Passive
Element: Darkness/Fire
Description: Solus can cloak his dark hands with, or generate, move, and shape intense navy blue flames of highly concentrated reishi. With each punch, kick, or swipe of his claws, Solus can generate small waves reaching as far as 20m of the dark flames if he wishes.

[Zetsriel Released]: With each punch, kick, or swipe of his claws, Solus can generate massive roaring waves of the dark flames that can reach as far as 50m if desired.
  • Solus is not affected by the flames, given that its their own reiatsu.
  • Strength and intensity of the flames dependent on how much reiatsu is used.
    Heat: 
  • Dextera Released: 40° for every level of power. 
  • Zetsriel Released: 80° for every level of power. 
    • [Zetsriel Released Only] The extra shadow hands Solus creates can also generate the dark flames using the connection provided by Theravada.

Name: Soul Sync I: Skin Layer
Type: Passive
Element: None
Description: As a direct result of the synchronization Solus' physical strength increases dramatically.

I've posted the entirety of the abilities for full context and highlighted the issues in red.

In regards to the first bit, I've actually known about it for quite a while. The only thing is I wasn't particularly sure how I wanted to address it. Anyway the problem is at minimum, the flames are only 40° F which is rather...cool. It's a little weird for flames to be that cold, and while technically not a critical problem given that nothing can really happen at such a weird temp, it's a bit of a thematic and mechanical problem. So I need to adjust things.

So I'm going to impose a 200° minimum on that ability just so nothing weird can happen with that. Also going to impose a hard temperature cap as well. In official writing that'll be as follows:
  • Temperatures cannot exceed a maximum of 6000° F
  • Temperatures cannot reach below a minimum of 200° F when released.


In regards to the second issue, Skin Layer was designed with the cRYC stat system in mind, and well it doesn't exist here any longer. Also the rules regulating it don't...exist either? Regardless at it is now it's a bit too vague and it's problematic as far as I'm concerned. Given that, I'm actually going to change this ability entirely. The new version should be more fitting thematically, though reminiscent of a pre-existing ability. It's not necessarily an upgrade though since lack of control is a factor.

New ability is as follows:

Name: Soul Sync I: Skin Layer
Type: Passive
Element: Fire
Description: While under the effects of Bankai, Solus' body continually releases an extreme amounts of heat, as a result, any and all movements made by Solus produce tidal waves of deep crimson or ruby colored flames. [note: In essence, the effects of Skin Layer are akin to that of Zetsriel's "Shiva's Wrath".]
  • The temperatures of the flames are equivalent to the temperatures of the Heart Layer phase Solus is currently in when this ability activates.
  • The maximum distance the flames can reach when produced by this ability is 50m.
  • Solus is completely incapable of controlling the flames in the same manner as was possible using "Shiva's Wrath".
  • Solus retains full immunity to the heat produced by their power.
  • Like all fire, the flames produced by this effect can stick to all surfaces and will continue to burn unless extinguished, however they seem to do so more "aggressively".
  • They will also remain constantly burning until the matterial the flames have attached to has been burned up completely if possible, as is the case with all materials capable of burning; however, this also includes materials that typically don't "burn" such as stone, metal, etc.
  • Water and other non-flammable liquids are unaffected, and should instead react naturally when exposed to high heat.
    • This explcludes other spiritually aware beings and any spiritual weapons, however the flames will still behave naturally when exposed to such in this case. [note: clothing is still subject to the previously listed effect.]
    • Additionally the flames will slowly gravitate towards the ground of released in the air, or fail to make contact with some object immediately following release.
  • These flames are immediately extinguished upon the activation of Soul Layer.
Name:Soul Sync II: Heart Layer
Type: Passive
Element: Fire
Description: As a result of the instability brought on by the synchronization of souls, Solus' body heats up immensely, and continues to heat up through the duration of the release. This ability also gives all kidou and physical attacks, and all other skills a strong fire affinity.  
  • Ignis Primarium Phase: Solus releases a wild aura of pure fire that reaches approximately 3 times that of molten lava. (~7,500°F)
  • Ignis Omnia Phase: The aura becomes that of pure light and reaches temperatures approaching parity with twice that of earth's core (~22,000°F)

    Fun Fact: I know we've been doing the dual element thing since forever (myself included). However despite my Shikai running two elements, my Bankai looses one. Weird, but I wonder why that is...
Last edited by Asano on Tue May 30, 2017 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

It would come in a blur, and seek to lay waste to them all.
In a flash, the beast sought to let loose a calamity crafted by its own hands.
Its sole purpose to leave nothing but charred remains and ash...


Vladkre33
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:57 am

Re: [7th Division] Zanpakutou Review

#36

Post by Vladkre33 » Wed May 31, 2017 12:04 pm

Funny how you become a being of pure light and fire xD.

Anyway, this particular adjustment's seem to be in order. The temperature change makes the ability a great deal more sensible and the adjustment to the the Skin Layer falls in line with previously established mechanics.

I'd warn you against just roasting everyone alive with those temperatures, but if a fights gotten you that pressed I imagine it's Warrented.

This Zan adjustment is...APPROVED !
"An Immovable Wall of Flesh, ever rising, until the end."

User avatar
Asano
Founder
Founder
Posts: 256
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:00 pm
User Title: [The Last 7th Division Captain| Ignis Rex] Keeper of all things Sacred
Contact:

Re: [7th Division] Zanpakutou Review

#37

Post by Asano » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:28 am

Vladkre33 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 12:04 pm
Funny how you become a being of pure light and fire xD.
Only briefly. Left unedited is the final phase of Heart Layer: Ignis Mors Phase: Solus loses his aura, and instead becomes covered in charred skin, ash, and few bits of smoldering light. In this final phase the temperatures released are at their highest and most dangerous peaking at temps reaching parity with that of lightning at its hottest (~54,000° F). This phase comes as a sign of the impending burnout.

It would come in a blur, and seek to lay waste to them all.
In a flash, the beast sought to let loose a calamity crafted by its own hands.
Its sole purpose to leave nothing but charred remains and ash...


User avatar
konami31
Member
Member
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:20 am
User Title: [7th Division] 4th Seat-The Sword Saint

Re: [7th Division] Zanpakutou Review

#38

Post by konami31 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:16 am

Zanpakutō
Shizenseishin ( nature spirit)
Sealed State Appearance: A long katana with
green hilt and black sheathe, covered by a black
scabbard.
Shikai: its Release Command is Awake .

Release Appearance: Shizen seishin is a regular
Chinese nodachi-length blade fitted with a Chinese, jian- type and pommel.

Spirit personality : the spirit has a serious personality he acts calm and does not seem to be afraid at the prospect of accepting a
challenge. Shizen seishin deeply cares for his master, Wuji. He fears for Wuji's fate about becoming a warrior haunted by loneliness, a
process that seems irreversible. When Shizenseishin is angry, he speaks less. In addition, his
fighting style becomes very different. Instead valuing efficiency and using Wudang's martial art
skills, his methods become very dirty such as using unorthodox means to achieve victory.

Spirit's appearance : Shizen seishin has the appearance of a young teen with light blue eyes
with white-spiky hair, thin eye brows eyebrows and has slightly tan skin. He wears a long
sleeved blue shirt, light beige colored pants and black boots.
Inner world : a vast land partly surrounded by stream, humongous trees, flowers and plateaus.

Element Type: Shadow/darkness
Ⓑ➄ Darkness: Upon activation of his zanpakuto, tendrils of darkness completely surround his entire body. While the darkness can
be extended up to 30m in range, Wuji can as well manipulate his own shadow. The shadow and darkness can be shaped to whatever form Wuji wills it to be and can be used to attack or as defense. Each of the tendrils are as strong as solid steel and possesses sharp end or tip just as any katana. Furthermore, the tendrils can project darkness in form of energy blast.


Traveller: Wuji can partly or completely merge his body into a shadow/darkness and appear
anywhere else from the same element. He's limited in the sense that he's no way faster than
his own natural shunpo speed.

Dark mark: Any being Shinzenseishin's darkness touched can never be forgotten, once the zanpakuto has been activated. In practical terms, the darkness bestowed a dark mark that only Wuji can see. Therefore, any projectile or projected attack launched by Wuji can never be evaded as long as the opponent is within 30m.
The Heroes Bowed Before me
Image

User avatar
Asano
Founder
Founder
Posts: 256
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:00 pm
User Title: [The Last 7th Division Captain| Ignis Rex] Keeper of all things Sacred
Contact:

Re: [7th Division] Zanpakutou Review

#39

Post by Asano » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:27 am

konami31 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:16 am
Zanpakutō
Shizenseishin ( nature spirit)
Sealed State Appearance: A long katana with
green hilt and black sheathe, covered by a black
scabbard.
Shikai: its Release Command is Awake .

Release Appearance: Shizen seishin is a regular
Chinese nodachi-length blade fitted with a Chinese, jian- type and pommel.

Spirit personality : the spirit has a serious personality he acts calm and does not seem to be afraid at the prospect of accepting a
challenge. Shizen seishin deeply cares for his master, Wuji. He fears for Wuji's fate about becoming a warrior haunted by loneliness, a
process that seems irreversible. When Shizenseishin is angry, he speaks less. In addition, his
fighting style becomes very different. Instead valuing efficiency and using Wudang's martial art
skills, his methods become very dirty such as using unorthodox means to achieve victory.

Spirit's appearance : Shizen seishin has the appearance of a young teen with light blue eyes
with white-spiky hair, thin eye brows eyebrows and has slightly tan skin. He wears a long
sleeved blue shirt, light beige colored pants and black boots.
Inner world : a vast land partly surrounded by stream, humongous trees, flowers and plateaus.

Element Type: Shadow/darkness
Ⓑ➄ Darkness: Upon activation of his zanpakuto, tendrils of darkness completely surround his entire body. While the darkness can
be extended up to 30m in range, Wuji can as well manipulate his own shadow. The shadow and darkness can be shaped to whatever form Wuji wills it to be and can be used to attack or as defense. Each of the tendrils are as strong as solid steel and possesses sharp end or tip just as any katana. Furthermore, the tendrils can project darkness in form of energy blast.


Traveller: Wuji can partly or completely merge his body into a shadow/darkness and appear
anywhere else from the same element. He's limited in the sense that he's no way faster than
his own natural shunpo speed.

Dark mark: Any being Shinzenseishin's darkness touched can never be forgotten, once the zanpakuto has been activated. In practical terms, the darkness bestowed a dark mark that only Wuji can see. Therefore, any projectile or projected attack launched by Wuji can never be evaded as long as the opponent is within 30m.
Everything is fine except for the last ability. The fact that it can’t be evaded is rather...dangerous. While true that some attacks can be blocked, that’s not always the case for all attacks. With Kidou this becomes especially troubling... Denied.

It would come in a blur, and seek to lay waste to them all.
In a flash, the beast sought to let loose a calamity crafted by its own hands.
Its sole purpose to leave nothing but charred remains and ash...


User avatar
Asano
Founder
Founder
Posts: 256
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:00 pm
User Title: [The Last 7th Division Captain| Ignis Rex] Keeper of all things Sacred
Contact:

Re: [7th Division] Zanpakutou Review

#40

Post by Asano » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:29 am

So my Bankai is lacking a...certain quality fitting for both myself and Solus. So a bit of extra tuning is necessary. As such, I’m going to modify it to be more in line with my Shikai. In fact, copying the same core idea― having multiple Shikai, but reducing the power a bit. I want to make that a more fleshed out mechanic for my Bankai and then make it a million times more thematically appropriate. And thus, my Bankai ver. 3.0. Also renaming Shiva's Wrath to Shiva's Might.

==Bankai==

Bankai Description: Originally thought to be an impossibility, Solus' Bankai is born as a massive departure from the entire philosophy of Bankai. As Zetsriel is too weak to manifest naturally on her own, Solus offers his body, his soul to act as a conduit for her true power, and his own name to draw upon it. Rather releasing the Zanpakutou's power into the world, Solus absorbs it into him and acts as the vessel for Zetsriel's manifestation.

As a result of the true fusion of souls, Solus is able to draw out the fullest extent of his power. Unfortunately, this unity causes an extreme instability within the core of the fused being's. Though the harmonization of fractured souls brings about a form wholeness, the only transformation lasts for a limited period of time.

Fractured Soul Being: Solus Rex [Asura Form]
Appearance: Solus becomes truly beast-like, if not outright demonic in appearance while assuming this form. With Asura Dorm active, Solus dons a set horns at his brow, even more prominent fangs, even dark black skin, and striking mane of fur around his neck and shoulders.
Element: Fire.
Asura Form Description: This form is considered Solus’ true and ultimate form of Bankai, and it’s unrestrained destructive power clearly reflects that. While taking on the demonic nature and tendency of the most destructive Asuras, Solus becomes the avatar and conduit of pure and indiscriminate destruction. It’s power is such that, Solus becomes completely and utterly incapable of controlling it outside of pure happenstance. Yet such a destructive force comes at a cost. The use of this form requires that Zetsriel be at her fullest strength in order to become possible. As such, this level of release cannot be brought forth if Theravada is used at any point during Shikai release.

Furthermore the chaotic nature of this destructive form is so extreme that Solus loses all sense of self. In turn, the being he becomes may seek only widespread destruction over victory in battle or completion of an objects. Making matters worse, friend becomes foe, and all are subject to the Asura’s Wrath. This being of singular purpose becomes truly unrestrained upon birth and will stop at nothing to see complete and utter ruination.

Abilities

Name: Soul Sync I: Skin Layer [Agni's Hatred]
Type: Passive
Element: Fire
Description: While under the effects of Bankai, Solus' body continually releases an extreme amounts of heat, and as a result, any and all movements made by Solus produce tidal waves of deep crimson or ruby colored flames.
  • The temperatures of the flames are equivalent to the temperatures of the phase Solus is currently in when this ability activates.
  • The maximum distance the flames can reach when produced by this ability is 50m.
  • In Asura, form Solus is completely incapable of controlling the flames in the same manner as was possible using "Shiva's Might".
  • Solus retains full immunity to the heat produced by their power.
  • Like all fire, the flames produced by this effect can stick to all surfaces and will continue to burn unless extinguished, however they seem to do so more "aggressively".
  • They will also remain constantly burning until the material the flames have attached to has been burned up completely if possible, as is the case with all materials capable of burning; however, this also includes materials that typically don't "burn" such as stone, metal, etc.
  • Water and other non-flammable liquids are unaffected, and should instead react naturally when exposed to high heat.
    • This explcludes other spiritually aware beings and any spiritual weapons, however the flames will still behave naturally when exposed to such in this case. [note: clothing is still subject to the previously listed effect.]
    • Additionally the flames will slowly gravitate towards the ground of released in the air, or fail to make contact with some object immediately following release.
  • These flames are immediately extinguished upon the activation of Soul Layer.
Name:Soul Sync II: Heart Layer
Type: Passive
Element: Fire
Description: As a result of the instability brought on by the synchronization of souls, Solus' body heats up immensely, and continues to heat up through the duration of the release. This ability also gives all kidou and physical attacks, and all other skills a strong fire affinity.
  • Ignis Primarium Phase: Solus releases a wild aura of pure fire that reaches approximately 3 times that of molten lava. (~7,500°F)
  • Ignis Omnia Phase: The aura becomes that of pure light and reaches temperatures approaching parity with twice that of earth's core (~22,000°F)
  • Ignis Mors Phase: Solus loses his aura, and instead becomes covered in charred skin, ash, and few bits of smoldering light. In this final phase the temperatures released are at their highest and most dangerous peaking at temps reaching parity with that of lightning at its hottest (~54,000° F). This phase comes as a sign of the impending burnout.
  • Each phase in Asura form lasts only one post.
  • Unless Solus is incapacitated, expends all his remaining energy, or otherwise becomes unable to sustain the transformation, the effects of Soul Sync II will remain constant.
[Asura Form Only]

Name: Soul Sync III: Soul Layer
Type: Passive
Element: Fire
Description: This is ability manifests as the final and most severe result of the instability brought about by the synchronization of souls. As a result, Solus' body and soul seeks to purge the foreign entity, and does so with catastrophic effect. In order to fully flush Zetrsriel from his system and regain a state of normality, Solus forcibly expels all of his remaining physical and spiritual energy in one final attack of immense proportions.
  • The power and scope of this ability is directly dependent on how much power Solus has remaining before reaching this final state.
  • After reaching meltdown Solus is inevitably left incapable of carrying on further.
  • Unless all remaining reiatsu available for combat is used prior to the 4th and final post this Bankai can be active, or Solus is otherwise rendered unable to carry on in battle, Soul Layer will always activate and force Solus to purge all remaining energy.
  • Soul Layer cannot be used at any point prior to the 4th post that Bankai is active.
Fractured Soul Being: Solus Rex [Deva Form]
Appearance: While in this form, Solus sprouts an additional set arms, in order to mimic the appearance of the god of fire Agni. While in this form his skin becomes red and he also develops a Buddha’s halo at his back made of flames.
Element: Fire.
Description: This form comes as the lesser counterpart to the Asura Form, though is still formidable in its own right. Deva Form, the much gentler of the two forms Solus’ Bankai takes comes as the result of harmonizing while Zetsriel is in a weakened state. In turn, it’s power becomes much easier to control, and even lasts much longer than the Asura Form. However it comes at the cost of severely crippling its destructive potential.

Abilities

Name: Soul Sync I: Skin Layer [Agni's Grace]
Type: Passive
Element: Fire
Description: While under the effects of Bankai, Solus' body continually releases an extreme amounts of heat, and as a result, any and all movements made by Solus produce large waves of golden-orange colored flames.
  • The temperatures of the flames are equivalent to the temperatures of the phase Solus is currently in when this ability activates.
  • The maximum distance the flames can reach when produced by this ability is 50m.
  • In Deva form, Solus can freely manipulate the flames in the same manner possible via "Shiva's Might".
  • Solus retains full immunity to the heat produced by their power.
  • Like all fire, the flames produced by this effect can stick to all surfaces and will continue to burn unless extinguished.
  • They will also remain constantly burning until the material the flames have attached to has been burned up completely if possible, as is the case with all materials capable of burning.
    • This explcludes other spiritually aware beings and any spiritual weapons, however the flames will still behave naturally when exposed to such in this case. [note: clothing is still subject to the previously listed effect.]
    • Additionally the flames will slowly gravitate towards the ground of released in the air, or fail to make contact with some object immediately following release.
Name:Soul Sync II: Heart Layer
Type: Passive
Element: Fire
Description: As a result of the instability brought on by the synchronization of souls, Solus' body heats up immensely, and continues to heat up through the duration of the release. This ability also gives all kidou and physical attacks, and all other skills a fire affinity.
  • Ignis Primarium Phase: Solus releases a wild aura of pure fire that reaches approximately 3 times that of molten lava. (~6,500°F)
  • Ignis Omnia Phase: The aura becomes that of pure light and reaches temperatures approaching parity with twice that of earth's core (~7,000°F)
  • Ignis Mors Phase: Solus loses his aura, and instead becomes covered in charred skin, ash, and few bits of smoldering light. In this final phase the temperatures released are at their highest and most dangerous peaking at temps reaching parity with that of lightning at its hottest (~7,500° F).
  • Each phase in Deva form lasts two posts.
  • Unless Solus is incapacitated, expends all his remaining energy, or otherwise becomes unable to sustain the transformation, the effects of Soul Sync II will remain constant.
  • When the last phase ends (on the 7th post), the ash falls from Solus' body and his normal form is regained.
  • He may continue the battle once Deva form ends, but it is dependent on his pool of reiatsu, level of exhaustion, and amount of sustained damage.
    • It should be noted however that the very act of summoning Bankai consumes a significant amount of his reiatsu, regardless of the form taken.
  • Deva form's flames remain even after the Bankai succeeds, and will remain active until Solus' is incapacitated or wills them away.
  • Neither form can be activated selectively. Asura form will always be assumed in the case that Theravada is not used prior to activation of Bankai. Deva Form will always be assumed in the case that Theravada is used prior to the activation of Bankai, regardless of the power level.

It would come in a blur, and seek to lay waste to them all.
In a flash, the beast sought to let loose a calamity crafted by its own hands.
Its sole purpose to leave nothing but charred remains and ash...


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest