[NarutoRP] Public Discussions

The Headquaters for any and all small scale RPs
The Maverick
User Title: [NarutoRP] Founder

Re: [NarutoRP] Public Discussions

Post by The Maverick » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:47 am

AgentBlackWidow wrote:Yes, i saw the post that was reported. I'll post a different profile in due course, when i feel ready.
I Dont understand why you can't approve profiles there like in the other RP's, instead of through PM, seems strange to me.
Because as I've already explained, because we only have three threads, the things posted in the official records need to be right; it can't be full of rejected applications and things which aren't current. Please remove your post; I reported it for a reason.
Just A Small Town Timelord, Living in a Lonely Universe

The Maverick

Post by The Maverick » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:19 am

Looks like we've lost another potential member as Sayuri isn't a mod anymore and has 'retired' according to her title. I'm not sure we can run the RP with three people, do you guys know anybody else who would be interested?

Akugaranwa Itachi
User Title: 6th Seat of the 2nd Division.

Post by Akugaranwa Itachi » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:24 am

I would know but I just recalled what you said to me on PM.

Tope

Post by Tope » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:38 am

Am interested, and maybe i can threaten some few peeps to join.

Akugaranwa Itachi

Post by Akugaranwa Itachi » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:55 am

Tope wrote:Am interested, and maybe i can threaten some few peeps to join.
Am scared Tope, I guess the peeps over at Anime verse maybe interested..... But the thing is there is no format on anything.....

The Maverick

Post by The Maverick » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:03 am

Akugaranwa Itachi wrote:
Tope wrote:Am interested, and maybe i can threaten some few peeps to join.
Am scared Tope, I guess the peeps over at Anime verse maybe interested..... But the thing is there is no format on anything.....
You know full well why I rejected your application, it's not up for discussion here.
@Tope: It would be good to have you with us, though I'm not certain what can be achieved with so few people, so if you could drag some interest from somewhere we can actually start building this up!

Tope

Post by Tope » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:58 am

Hmmmm, it seems like a few people are complaining about their character getting denied. How about forming a standard of what's not allowed from what you have rejected so far, that should give new comers a guideline.

I will try and persuade some few people.

The Maverick

Post by The Maverick » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:28 am

Tope wrote:Hmmmm, it seems like a few people are complaining about their character getting denied. How about forming a standard of what's not allowed from what you have rejected so far, that should give new comers a guideline.

I will try and persuade some few people.
One person was asked to send me their profile over PM, as everybody should be doing, and the other was rejected for another reason entirely (and it had nothing to do with format) which I won't go into here. I concede, a guideline would be a good thing to have for the newcomers, the reason I've avoided posting up a profile format is I really wanted folks to have complete creative freedom with what they wrote. Unfortunately, it doesn't stop people breaking the few rules the RP does have written out clearly, nor does it stop people from breaking forum rules.

Tope

Post by Tope » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:17 pm

Well giving them freedom is nice, but too much of it without any limitations and you will see people with abilities to casually burst mountains.

I don't know what you have in mind or the things you find acceptable, like for example.....can people create an Uchiha clan and get Sharingan? If yes then I suggest such shouldn't be allowed, the one thing that made me choose Bleach RPG over Naruto RPG was that bleach allowed freedom to create something new entirely from my ideas using Bleach guidelines. So instead of allowing the Uchiha clan, how about the opportunity to create a new set of clans with new set of acceptable Kekkei Genkai and those who founded the clan get to be the leader. This can lead to a story line of how the war started, the battle between clans which forces some clans to form alliance against other clans leading to the founding of the hidden village.
What do you guys think!?

The Maverick

Post by The Maverick » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:06 am

Tope if you want to take this over, I don't mind, there's hardly any interest for it to be worth it at the moment and I don't have too much free time. Sorry for the late response!

Tope

Post by Tope » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:47 pm

The Maverick wrote:Tope if you want to take this over, I don't mind, there's hardly any interest for it to be worth it at the moment and I don't have too much free time. Sorry for the late response!
Sure no problem. I myself have network issues so it's hard for me to keep up activity, am hoping it will get solved soon.
I will talk to the members and see their opinions and ideas, combine it with mine and run it through you.

Akugaranwa Itachi

Post by Akugaranwa Itachi » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:46 pm

First other of business is that unlike the total freedom given by the Maverick... I suggest we get a character template to guide members on how to make their character.

Secondly, restrict the Uchiha clan for now....we don't want people becoming Madara and Sasuke on their first day.

A list of academic Justu should be given to all Genin and they should train to improve stats....I'll talk more about that over at the group.

konami31
User Title: [7th Division] 5th Seat-The Sword Saint

Post by konami31 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:14 am

@Mavis, restricting Uchiha is irrelevant cos one has to rp on how he awakens sharingan and it has to be a good grade perhaps from Grade B and above, anything less than that can't be acceptable. As for character template; just follow how Maverick and stryker word their own profile.
The Heroes Bowed Before me

Akugaranwa Itachi

Post by Akugaranwa Itachi » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:20 am

Nope, that wouldn't do. Tope and I are working on a Template.....he would soon post it up here.

Tope

Post by Tope » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:48 am

Name: Last name, First name

Birthday: DD/MM

Clan: State your clan's history, anything special about the clan or if it's just an ordinary one. (Any clan in Naruto series is not allowed, be creative)

Village: Your character's allegiance upon creation: Konoha, Sunagakure, Iwagakure, Kumogakure, Kirigakure, or Wanderer.

Rank: Your character’s rank. All new characters must begin at Genin/C-Rank.

Element(s): How many and which elements does your character have. (Genins: 2 elements, Chunin: 3, Jonin: 4, Kage: 5.)

Specializations: This refers to jutsu, what area of jutsu does your character specializes in e.g Taijutsu and Ninjutsu. A genin can only specialize in two areas, add one more as you rank up.

Special Characteristics: This refers to Kekkei Genkai, Kekkei Totai, Dojutsu and any other special thing about your character. A genin can only have one Kekkei Genkai/Dojutsu, add one more as you rank up (e.g a genin can't have lava style and boil release), as for Dojutsu you can only have one type regardless of your rank.

Weapons: This is as simply stating normal weapons likely Kunai, Shuriken and, any special weapons with special effects (available only from Chunin rank).

General Appearance: A general description of your physical appearance. Helpful things to mention include clothing, hairstyle, build, height and other noteworthy physical traits. Must be a minimum of 100 words.

Personality: Describe your character's personality. At least 200 words.

History: Your character's history. At least 400 words.

Ability format;

Name:
Type: e.g Taijutsu.
Element: 
Rank: D rank and so on, this will be determined by the person approving the ability base on the effects.
Effects: describe what the ability does and how it affects the victims.
Last edited by Tope on Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Itsu
User Title: [Acting HF]

Post by Itsu » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:06 am

Wow nice Template...Now that this is out, do we get to post our character profile here or there would be a special thread for that? @Tope

Tope

Post by Tope » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:30 pm

Well this is a discussion thread so you can't post it here, am in support for creating a separate reviewing thread since that's how RPG works down from BA.....don't know why this site is different, what kind of RPG doesn't have a reviewing section.

Am not sure if am allowed to create the thread, I think Maverick stated something about restrictions on multiple threads.

Akugaranwa Itachi

Post by Akugaranwa Itachi » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:12 am

Actually its in the rule, a small RPG starts with one thread or so......so you would have to make do with what you have....

Itsu
User Title: [Acting HF]

Post by Itsu » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:35 pm

So you guys are saying we should post our character's profile here or via PM?

Tope

Post by Tope » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:56 pm

You can submit your character through a pm, I will review it and get back to you. If your character doesn't follow the format I submitted, then don't expect a reply from me. Also after the applications approval is done, the next is rankings.
D - Academy student.
C - Genin.
B - Chunin.
A - Jonin.
S - Kage.
S+ - Above Kage level.
Now that's the ranking I have in mind, as for getting ranked up the first few people to register gets a chance at getting even a Kage rank then choose the village they want to be head of. How do you get this chance, it's very simple. You're given a role playing task, once you're done, it would be reviewed and graded. So if the grading gives you  S, then you're a kage (if there are already five kages, you will be a Jonin but at a kage level), if it gives you D then you're an academy student...... In other words your rank depends on your role play skill. Although if your activity is low (starting from right now), you will be demoted by one rank level. If you plagiarized, you will be banned from this RPG.
Please and please, be creative.