[OOC] Arrancar Ideas and Suggestions

Beyond the world of the living lies Hueco Mundo; the dimension in which the Hollow and Arrancar reside. The terrain is blank, and dull - white sands stretch as far as the eye can see and the sky above remains perpetually dark. From the sand juts Las Noches, the home of the Arrancar. The structure is massive in size and white all around with one single door. You may enter, if you dare.

Moderator: Itsu

ClumsyDuckie83
Founder
Founder
User Title: [Bleach RP] Cero Espada

[OOC] Arrancar Ideas and Suggestions

Post by ClumsyDuckie83 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:42 am

Though there's a similar thread for all to post in, I thought we ought to have our own for development that's just ours. 

Now, I've got an ability list presently in the works. Luna and Itsu have helped me quite a bit here, I just need enough time off to actually get it done. So be patient with me on that.

We need some more threads. One will be a sparring/training thread. What sort of design would you like to see? We could have something similar to the Flux Chamber of old where you'd create a new arena in it with each new participant. Or a set thread of your choosing. 

Next, shall we open up the mission thread? That generates good RP and practice to help everyone advance.

Lastly, we need an off topic thread. What do you all suggest? A bar, restaurant, dance hall, etc.?

Note: This thread is for those in the Hollow faction ONLY.

Stryker
User Title: [Hollow]

Re: [OOC] Arrancar Ideas and Suggestions

Post by Stryker » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:32 pm

- For the off topic thread I would advise against making it into a bar. We already have something similar to it inside headquarters so we would be just copying it unless we were to apply a gimmick to it.  

- About our training/sparring thread. I am all for using the concept of the Flux Chamber, an area which can be customized and turned into any battleground. However it woud need a revamp, maybe a new design or name.

- Finally the mission thread. I question if this would be the right time to bring it up. We have a handful of members and I was curious if we would be able to do solo missions or if we would need to have someone else take part of it as a partner or in another role.

ClumsyDuckie83
Founder
Founder

Post by ClumsyDuckie83 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:05 pm

I agree. We need something else that people will want to RP in.
Aye, of course. Updated Flux Chamber.
It could be solo or partner. We don't have enough for a group. But for now it would likely be just Pitchi and I assigning them and posting with whoever the mission is for. 

Pitchi

Post by Pitchi » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:26 pm

With the main focus of the board shifting away from RP, I would personally prefer to limit the capacities. When we remember the BAM HM sections, there were a ton
of unusued, underused, and sparely used threads which, admittedly, saddens me. So, personally, I would use:

ONE off topic derp RP thread (Bar , school , whatever)
A laboratory
Two, max three arenas.

ClumsyDuckie83
Founder
Founder

Post by ClumsyDuckie83 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:45 pm

I agree for sure. I was thinking of starting out with just 1 arena for now, and expanding as the need grows. And if we make an off topic thread and no one posts for months, I'll archive it.

Stryker

Post by Stryker » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:12 pm

One off-topic thread and one arena should do for now. We could make it so the arena can be changed everytime it is used so the terrain does not become stale and that's why I agreed with the Flux Chamber revamp, that way the ones using the chamber can customize it into any kind of battlefield.

Itsu
User Title: [Acting HF]

Post by Itsu » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:33 pm

Stryker wrote: One off-topic thread and one arena should do for now. We could make it so the arena can be changed everytime it is used so the terrain does not become stale and that's why I agreed with the Flux Chamber revamp, that way the ones using the chamber can customize it into any kind of battlefield.
I'd go with what Stryker said. The flux chamber would fit in perfectly, at least for now. So also considering the number of members we have now, lets try to set up only what is really needed. That said, whenever I have any idea I'd drop it here.

Tope

Post by Tope » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:16 pm

Well am glad that the list of abilities is in progress, that's really an essential guideline.
As for the arena and mission, there's no need having plenty of it. Especially the mission, not every one is actually interested in a mission. As for the off topic thread, how about a hot spring..... That's interesting.

ClumsyDuckie83
Founder
Founder

Post by ClumsyDuckie83 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:29 pm

I'll be working on it next week. I'll be gone from tomorrow to Sunday.
I was going to do 1 arena and then of course the mission thread. Missions get their own threads at their start.
Also, the laboratory. That's been a big part of HM for a long time.
So a hot spring. Any other specific ideas for the off topic thread?

Pitchi

Post by Pitchi » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:06 pm

+*+ Implementation of a HF System*+*+

With MAV not following a Legion design anymore, which I personally quite welcome, the spot of the Head Fraccion (HF)
has shifted its meaning and purpose towards a more personal kind of implementation. We have had long discussions,
and with this, I'd like to introduce the system I came up with and got approved by both me and Duckie.

What are Fraccion in General?

The Fraccion within this realm are the closer followers of BOTH of the Espada. The Fraccion do neither belong to the Cero
nor to the Primera. The Fraccion are, against contrary belief, not the servants of the Espada, but are more forming an elite circle of fighters and high-class roleplayers which are lead by the Espada. Their duties are commonly the defense of Las Noches and the Hueco Mundo section in case of an attack, and, if needed, they will also serve as trainers for newly demasked recruits.

What's so special about the Head Fraccion?

The Head Fraccion is chosen by their respectful Espada. The choice is made with following criteria

A) Activity and contribution
B) RP abilities
C) Perfomance

"Performance" means that the general behavior within the Forum and with their fellow Arrancar are nothing less than excellent (aka, dont be a douche.)

So... what's so special?

The Head Fraccion has a set of abilities gained with his or her position. The HF :

- Trains and evaluates Adjuchas and their potential and helps them rising beyond
- Has the ability to command the other Fraccion and Hollow in case of an attack
- Has the ability to speak in the name of the Espada when the Espada is in absence.

The ability to speak in the name of the Espada is based on absolute trust. This means that if an Espada is absent
for a longer period of time and cannot be contacted, decisions can be taken over in the name of the Espada. This is,
however, only to be done when the absence is longer than a week.

The other Espada can Veto on the choice of the other Espada if he or she deems the chosen candidate for unworthy. Then, it will be discussed in public.

CURRENTLY THERE ARE BOTH HF SPOTS OPEN.
Last edited by Pitchi on Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ClumsyDuckie83
Founder
Founder

Post by ClumsyDuckie83 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:50 pm

Great job on the HF breakdown, Pitchi. And again, great idea. I love it.

The mission thread and arena are both up.

Missions: viewtopic.php?f=80&t=208

Arena: viewtopic.php?f=80&t=207

Itsu

Post by Itsu » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:42 am

Wow! I can see some threads are up.....Lets hope and pray things play out as expected.
I wanna use this medium to applaud Pitchi for that piece of information about Fraccion & HF, it was quite illuminating and helpful...

Stryker

Post by Stryker » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:14 am

And I agree with Itsu. We now have all the basic features necessary to make Hueco Mundo function properly so now all we need is o keep things active and moving forward. I also agree with Pitchi on the Laboratory thread, it has been part of Hueco Mundo for as long as I can remember but I feel like it is still a bit early to include it. We just got two new threads so I feel like we would be tempting fate by adding a third one.

Pitchi

Post by Pitchi » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:53 am

Mission and Arena threads are, however, not designed for casual RP. They are used by need. This means, if you do not have a spar or a mission going on, you do not have a choice of where to post. So, in contrary to what Stryker said, I am very much in favor of adding a laboratory OR another causal RP thread for more choice.

Itsu

Post by Itsu » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:15 pm

There was this idea I told Clumsy a while ago about having an unmasking ceremony thread, where members with he rank of Adjuchas get to undergo an unmasking ritual anchored by any Espada, along side every existing member. It would be like a hollow culture all Adjuchas must go through in other to get ranked up or before they get ranked. Clumsy pointed out an important fact and it was concerning the few members we have. IMO I'd say lets set the thread on stone so that we start observing the culture as new members get to join as time goes by, that way we don't need to start setting it up later when we have more recruits.

Back then on BAM, the thread was called "Hall of Reborn". So what do yall think?

Stryker

Post by Stryker » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:24 pm

Well, I am currently an adjuchas and should be unmasking soon so if you are going to make a ceremony of sorts for it I would be perfectly willing to play along. However, I suggest that the thread remain locked when not in use given how it is supposed to be used only on a special occasion.

ClumsyDuckie83
Founder
Founder

Post by ClumsyDuckie83 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:43 am

We used the Lab quite often a while back since they held the healing tanks. I'm not opposed to having the Lab and an additional off topic RP thread. I just need to know what you all want to see for the latter.

And the unmasking I'm also quite open to.

Eiri Yuki
User Title: [Hollow] Fraccion 3

Post by Eiri Yuki » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:17 pm

Lab is really important to me. As well as we should give ourselves somewhere to put in for spars and missions. For those that really want to get into the grind of building up their character's power. I would be willing to help establish the lab and maybe even do lab RP like in a mission form to make devices which people can apply for or something fun along those lines. Balanced items ehich can be used in and out of combat for roleplay flavor once approved by an Espada or HF respectively.
If death meant just leaving the stage long enough to change costume and come back as a new character,
Would you slow down?
Or speed up?

Phantom-T

Post by Phantom-T » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:57 am

Eiri Yuki wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:17 pm
Lab is really important to me. As well as we should give ourselves somewhere to put in for spars and missions. For those that really want to get into the grind of building up their character's power. I would be willing to help establish the lab and maybe even do lab RP like in a mission form to make devices which people can apply for or something fun along those lines. Balanced items ehich can be used in and out of combat for roleplay flavor once approved by an Espada or HF respectively.
That would be great, the Lab is an essential and I'm in for setting it up..

I would also like to suggest we make a cero, bala, negaccion and garganta list.. More in the form of the shinigami kido list, to guide our use of it. I am aware the CCM already limits our use of it. However knowing the various form of it and what is achievable based on rank or other criteria is also necessary.

Stryker

Post by Stryker » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:37 am

I believe that a list of abilities and techniques for hollows and arrancar is already being developed. I think it was mentioned on one of the first posts of this thread.